mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Personally I'd take it a step further. Tubular SLA's with different springs, shocks, and perhaps spindles. In the case of your car there is good aftermarket supprot and parts so all of the above are real viable. IMO it would be a shame to not do something to it, after all it wasn't exactly a collectable or barn burner with the 6 in it. Perfect car to cut up and take to the next level.

I'd step all the way to coilovers, but of course I am a bit jaded after spending a couple hours in the QA1 booth at summer nationals and being invited into their plant to potentially help them improve their rebound/compression measurement techniques. They make wicked shit though.

I am in the 2nd worst place in the world outside of Ca. The Wisconsin Dells. Holy hell does it suck here.

Personally I'd take it a step further. Tubular SLA's with different springs, shocks, and perhaps spindles. In the case of your car there is good aftermarket supprot and parts so all of the above are real viable. IMO it would be a shame to not do something to it, after all it wasn't exactly a collectable or barn burner with the 6 in it. Perfect car to cut up and take to the next level.

Perhaps with time good sir. For now, I'm saving up for a SBC and 5 speed.

I'd step all the way to coilovers, but of course I am a bit jaded after spending a couple hours in the QA1 booth at summer nationals and being invited into their plant to potentially help them improve their rebound/compression measurement techniques. They make wicked shit though.

They do make some badass stuff. It would be cool to see their plant.

Handling is like a front stage and a bigger engine like a subwoofer. I'd pick the frnot stage first. :)

If it doesn't open right click on the tire test vid Tom. Nice ride height and an LS7 that actually sounds right.

http://www.lateral-g.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=452

This guy is pretty local to me and a near mod at Lateral, I am going to go down and meet him one of these days.

wow, that thing sounds mean

awesome car, but missing a few parts :P

just a few.

I gotta sleep, 5am comes teh early tomorrow ///today. :Doh:

Handling is like a front stage and a bigger engine like a subwoofer. I'd pick the frnot stage first. :)

I don't think that metaphor is exactly correct.....

what's handling mean if I can't even accelerate out of a turn?

just a few.

I gotta sleep, 5am comes teh early tomorrow ///today. :Doh:

see ya

if it handles good enough you had the speed going into the curve and didn't lose enough of it to matter.

I guy that used to race amateur at bristol. He was in the 4cyl class, raced an omni. As far as i know he never lost. I always got my daytona parts from him and one day he explained his technique to me. Tons of the other 4cyl were making way more HP than him, but as he would say, they could go into the curves as fast as they wanted to, but he always came out faster.

HI!!!!

BYE!!!!

J

if anyone has the black snake moan soundtrack, hook me up

I've got 11 months to plan something for next July 1st weekend so I don't have to attend the wife's family reunion. I don't need to be around assholes, pricks, cheaters, liars, rednecks, strippers, circus performers, livestock, etc.
Come to the island and visit me :P

Sean, if I were to lower the Camaro, do you know if drop spindles or lowering springs would be better?

still not sure if I want to lower it however

well, it appears a search on the Camaro forum gave me an answer

general consensus is stock spindles/lowering springs over dropped spindles/stock springs

so apparently I have a job interview at best buy? Because a friend that works there talks about me and car audio? lol

I don't think I know enough to work on others vehicles.....I only know stuff for my truck :(

I'd still take it.

You cant be too much worse than anyone else who works there.

Sorry for the repost, but...

Does anyone know jmelan over at DIY mobile audio?

so apparently I have a job interview at best buy? Because a friend that works there talks about me and car audio? lol

I don't think I know enough to work on others vehicles.....I only know stuff for my truck :(

That hasn't stopped the guys that work at best buy here :D

I haven't heard read any of your whimsical tales of car audio in a while ramos. I think we may be in need of story time.

Edited by bdawson72