mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Smack the morons for me please!

These are local idiots... and I'll probably see one at a dyno day my buddy's shop is putting on... and I probably will try to hurt him once I have some beers in me.

Anyone have any cheap computer parts sitting around?

Before I buy anything I want to see if I can get this spare machine I have going...I need two IDE ribbon cables, some 512MB PC133 RAM chips, and maybe a small IDE HD, like a 10G or 20G just in case the 40 I have here is bad.

Yes ... except the PC133 RAM I have is 64 and 128 MB sticks ... and the spare hard drives I have are like 6 GB or less :P

Of course I will say this, but taking engineering classes (and passing!) does make you at least a little bit smart. ;)

I didn't think it was possible, but a golf course actually managed to make my shitlist (list of stores I will NEVER do business with again and will go out of my way at every opportunity to take business away from them).

*WARNING* LONG STORY

I went golfing w/ my dad today at Mt. Brenton Golf Course in Chemainus, BC; nice day out, got out early, etc. Things are going a little slow, but that's the norm and I was playing well, so I didn't mind. I was getting really hungry because I hadn't eaten since breakfast (it was about 5 pm at this point), so I was anxiously awaiting some hotdogs at the turn (after 9 holes). Well, we finish 9 and proceed to the 10th, but there's no one at the concession and there's a sign that says to go into the restaurant above the pro shop for service. So we do that but they don't have any quick food there (it's a sit down restaurant), so I decide to get a steak, my dad gets some halibut. Finish eating, pay up, head back out to the 10th, which is open. Just as my dad's about to tee off, this FIVESOME comes up to us and this one guy says, "You can't just start on the 10th hole." I told him that we'd already done 9 and just stopped to eat. He proceeds to tell us that if we stop to eat, we forfeit our position in line and have to go back to the 1st hole. My dad started to get pissed off because he was talking to me like that and he pipes in, "Who the hell are you ?" He informs us that he and his golf buddies are members here and they have higher priority than a couple of "foreigners." My dad and I are both white, so we assume this means non-members.

Anyways, we argue for a bit, my dad finally hits his ball and we leave. I guess these pussies went and got the course marshall because he came out in a golf cart about 5 minutes later. He comes up to us saying, "You can't just start on the 10th hole." I told him that we'd already done 9 and stopped to eat. "Well, if you're going to stop to eat, you have to let us know." My dad was really pissed off at this point and he says, "Well your fucking concession stand told us to go to the fucking restaurant where they won't serve you unless you're sitting down to eat, so what the fuck were we supposed to do ?" "Sir, can you please not swear at me ?" "Sorry, but I'm just very frustrated. These guys come up to us and try to intimidate us and basically tell us to get off their golf course." "Well that's not how they told it." "Well they're obviously distorting the facts to make themselves look like the good guys." "Well, they're members." I said, "So, what does that have to do with it ?" "Well why would members lie ?" "Umm, to try to get us kicked off the golf course, perhaps ?" "Don't give me that lip or I'll have to ask you to leave." My dad steps in, "Look buddy, we just came out here to golf. We're only a twosome, so we'll be miles ahead of them in 2 holes and there won't be anymore conflict." "That's not how it works here. They're very upset and I think it's in everyone's best interest that they play through." My dad responds, "Well, they can play through, but I'm going to be driving balls up their asses for the next 8 holes." "Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave." "Make us." "Dad, come on, let's just go." "No, fuck that, I didn't pay $100 for half a round of golf because some cranky geezers with memberships are having a hissy fit because we stopped for food to give these assholes even more money." "Sir, I'm just trying to make everyone happy." I reply, "No you're not, you're caving into your members because they give you more money than we do. You know that if we finish this hole, there won't be anymore conflict because we'll never run into each other again ?" "What happens next time you play here ?" "Haha, you think we're going to play here again after this ? I'm boycotting this whole golf course and I'm telling everyone I know never to play here." The Marshall finally caves into us, "Fine, you guys can play through. I hope this situation doesn't adversely affect your perception of our fine course." My dad and I both thank him and he leaves.

Anyways, I was serious, I'm never going back there again. If any of you guys are ever on Vancouver Island (probably not, but you never know), do me a favour and never give that bullshit establishment any of your money. Thanks.

Oh, by the way, I ended up shooting an 80 :) Yays

I hope this situation doesn't adversely affect your perception of our fine course."

Oh god, this made me laugh out loud. :D

fudge.

To much beer, for some reason I thought it was tuesday.

That put a damper on my whole damn outlook of tommorow, thought I had a whole 'nother day to drink beer.

fudge.

tomorrow had better be a lot pucking better than today....now i'm going to argue with an old lesbian slut friend a bit more then go to bed.

Whoops, it was tuesday, its now wednesday. Look slike I've had a bit more beer than I thought. :)

I read that entire story james and wow..........I was getting pissed just by how the marshal was treating you guys. Those guys had no right to say what they did to you....the sign said nothing about you having to tell a higher up and no one informed you so fudge that. If it's THAT big of an issue they should make sure to inform everyone before walking onto the grass. Also.......they were a 5 man....if you would have let them pass you would have been having conflicts of waiting on them and generally a group that big will let you play through anyways. It sounds to me like they were just trying to pick a fight with you guys and then be a bunch of little girls by calling someone. I would never do business with a place like that again, I would tell everyone I know not to go there.

the weather out is perfect tonight

I went out to get some gas and a car wash in the Camaro... ended up driving to downtown Phoenix and back on a bunch of side roads

got about 14 mpg on that tank in the Camaro, not too shabby IMO

considering it's age, seems like ok :)

the weather out is perfect tonight

I went out to get some gas and a car wash in the Camaro... ended up driving to downtown Phoenix and back on a bunch of side roads

mmm, fun :D

time to go and pay the electrical bill :(

"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental

ills of society. If we?re looking for the source of our

troubles, we shouldn?t test people for drugs, we should test

them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power."

- P.J. O?Rourke

if you are early in the 3rd trimester and desperate for nookie, don't try to pleasure yourself with a ketsup bottle. the cap will get stuck inside. don't then try to fish it out with your toothbrush because you will rupture your membranes and induce labor........

Anyone have any cheap computer parts sitting around?

Before I buy anything I want to see if I can get this spare machine I have going...I need two IDE ribbon cables, some 512MB PC133 RAM chips, and maybe a small IDE HD, like a 10G or 20G just in case the 40 I have here is bad.

The cables I have, but not any of the other parts as well you know they really weren't worth keeping.