mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

maybe try to log-out and take another look ?

i'm confused

Theres an option in your CP on how many posts per page you want to veiw. I think board default is like 15 or 20.

Mine was set to 35 with the first SS and 40 with the second. I was pulling your leg. :D

'dem moderators sure know the software :(

I won't ever understand why more people don't do IB subwoofer installs.... and I don't know why I was unsure of doing it myself.

I came so close in the M, really wanted to but just didn't have the heart to muck up the inside of that car. The truck I couldn't :( . My next project will be guaranteed.

I know the ICON has pretty respectable stats and great 'sound quality' (sorry Sean, but I don't know how else to describe it)

You aren't going to bother me with that, especially not you and not in the way you asked. What drives me nuts are when people use that as a descriptor when they really just want SPL. The whole SQL crowds comments make me puke. They really just want output and don't really care but they hear about the word SQ and put it in to try and sound educated. SQ by definition would not have ground pounding bass unless of course you have one hell of a midbass setup. The whole one hell of a midbass setup makes me drool. So no worries ;)

Speaking of chicks...

I pucking LOVE the scenery change that happens when classes start...

I need to get contacts and sunglasses again.

Indeeeeeeed. :)

My god, last week was rush week for the sororities, I swear driving by my head was on a swivel.

College chicks + Hot weather = Nice Eye Candy.

:D

Don't drive, walk. It is hard to strike up a conversation with pedestrians when you are driving. Unless of course you have a Ferrari.

n17019253337581328323sq5.jpg

new caption: I am on your railings.... gettin' my hump on

no

I won't ever understand why more people don't do IB subwoofer installs.... and I don't know why I was unsure of doing it myself.

Not alot of woofers are designed for IB use

Its not user friendly, easy to overpower

You have to seal your trunk up, not an easy task

Not all cars have fold down seats

Need more reasons ?

You left out the most important, which is that most people suck.

I know the ICON has pretty respectable stats and great 'sound quality' (sorry Sean, but I don't know how else to describe it)

You aren't going to bother me with that, especially not you and not in the way you asked. What drives me nuts are when people use that as a descriptor when they really just want SPL. The whole LSQ crowds comments make me puke. They really just want output and don't really care but they hear about the word SQ and put it in to try and sound educated. SQ by definition would not have ground pounding bass unless of course you have one hell of a midbass setup. The whole one hell of a midbass setup makes me drool. So no worries ;)

My problem is that I've never heard many live concerts or recordings, and don't have any experience with quality stereos. So I know what sounds good to me with regards to the front stage, I just don't know how to accurately judge the amount of bass in a SQ system.

Not alot of woofers are designed for IB use

Its not user friendly, easy to overpower

You have to seal your trunk up, not an easy task

Not all cars have fold down seats

Need more reasons ?

You left out the most important, which is that most people suck.

Ahahahahahahaha :domoslay:

wow, the board is loading teh slow this am

You aren't going to bother me with that, especially not you and not in the way you asked. What drives me nuts are when people use that as a descriptor when they really just want SPL. The whole LSQ crowds comments make me puke. They really just want output and don't really care but they hear about the word SQ and put it in to try and sound educated. SQ by definition would not have ground pounding bass unless of course you have one hell of a midbass setup. The whole one hell of a midbass setup makes me drool. So no worries ;)

My problem is that I've never heard many live concerts or recordings, and don't have any experience with quality stereos. So I know what sounds good to me with regards to the front stage, I just don't know how to accurately judge the amount of bass in a SQ system.

Its easy, if you can tell where your sub is you have too much. It should not pull your "ears" back at all. Another way to tell is to shut it off and have a test cd with two tones. One that your midbass plays like 70hz and another your sub plays like 35hz (octaves are good here). First track has 70, second has 35, and the third has both 70 & 35. Listen to the cd and make sure that all tracks play at pretty much the exact same level (to your ears not the mic). You will be shocked and then have this realization that choosing a sub should be very, very easy in comparison to the rest. I would take a random guess and say that your sub is probably 10dB higher right now and that an SQ integration wouldn't really be pleasing to you. Part of the reason the whole sub/sq conversation bugs me. It is always misapplied.

Bottom line is listen to what you have how YOU like it ;)

someone talk to me about rli8s gosh darn it im bored

I like mine.

X2