mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

One of these times, these idiots throwing batteries in their interior of their vehicle they don't need, not secured properly, are going to experience a 100lb bullet in the back of the head.

no talking about beer, i've not had one in forever(~2 weeks)

not my fault sir!!!! I'd offer you one if you were near me but alas, everyone lives so far away :(

i can't drink beer and lose weight....so...no beer

sweet sweet beer, the roomies even drink good beer and offer it to me way too much. i have a lot of self control though :-/

So I was browsing through craigs for jobs and stumbled upon one as a sales associate for Behringer.

Pretty cool I guess.

Unfortunately I have no wheels..and most of the jobs require a license :(

i can't drink beer and lose weight....so...no beer

you do know that you can get away with binging once a week and it won't really hurt your workout goals yes? I'm not saying go eat whatever the fudge you want but you can drink a beer or two and it'll be ok.

vroooooooooooom on the yamaha

i need a source for a good cheap HVLP gun with a 1.3'ish nozzle

Hell, I can drink 'Bud Heavy, eat fried chicken, drink pop, sit on my ass, and still not gain weight.

Time to hook up the BIB's upstairs, make a CD with some loud music on it, and clean the ole shotgun.

*grumble grumble grumble*

My powder solvent is at home and I can't find the roomies, so this means I can't clean my shotgun right now.

This makes me angry.

Roughly 6k songs on my machine, and only 8 caught my attention.

fudge.

Its like a fricking concert in my upstairs living room. :D

I'm not sure about selling these BIB's, they seem to work very well for loud music after a long day...

*grumble grumble grumble*

My powder solvent is at home and I can't find the roomies, so this means I can't clean my shotgun right now.

This makes me angry.

"Kansas Drama," coming this fall.

spindles, springs, steering arms, backing plates, and caliper brackets are in

getting springs seated properly is a bitch

i need a source for a good cheap HVLP gun with a 1.3'ish nozzle

for finish work ? clear coat ? something else ? I can check around a few places in the noke :)

Eh, forgot about that stuff. Boneless, possibly southern/midwest preferences, have access to stove/oven/george forman but no grill.

First and foremost, if you don't have Kosher salt you can't cook anything. *not pointed at you, but really everyone go buy some it is a whopping $2

I really prefer Diamond Crystal brand, but the blue stuff will do in a pinch. Unlike table salt you can actually season your food with it. You can apply it liberally, perhaps to the tune of a teaspoon per boneless breast sprinkled evenly to coat on both sides. This is a pre-requisite to any seasoning you might do with other flavors. *side bar number 2, garlic salt has no place in your kitchen. Garlic powder and salt do which allow you to then choose how much of each you want.

On to your possibilities for actually cooking that cut:

Take your seasoned (in this case salted only, we can add other flavors in an additional post)

1) Stovetop in a heavy (non non-stick) pan. Warm the pan up for a couple minutes, then add a bit of oil (grapeseed is my choice, but olive or corn is fine) and place the breast in the pan. Don't touch it for a couple minutes to allow it to brown to the bottom of the pan. Flip and brown the other side. You can tell when it is done by pushing on it with your finger. It should spring back fairly firmly and when you push the juice that comes out should be clear.

2) Poaching: I'd mostly use this method when putting the chicken into something like a hotdish or other smothered method. Bring water to a boil, add the chicken, let the water reboil, remove it from the heat and plop in your thermometer. The chicken should no be in water that is 170 degrees. Leave it in there until it is cooked on the inside. The goal with dropping the temp is to keep it juicy as chicken is cooked at 170 there is no reason to cook it in water that is hotter. The bring back to a boil is to kill any germs that have collected on the outside of the bird.

3) Pseudo stir fry. Again in a non non-stick pan (in fact the only thing I use non-stick for is cooking eggs and reheating leftovers) cube your chicken. Heat the pan for a few minutes, add some oil and place the chicken cubes in the pan. Use medium hot heat. Again your goal is to brown it which means don't touch it until the bottom is browned, then rotate all the chicken in the pan and brown the other sides.

4) Pan bake in a sauce. Here we need a sauce, but this is regularly how I would make fajita meat for a lazy meal. Cover chicken in a marinade in a pan and cook in the oven for 30-40m at 375. Again we can deal with flavors in a successive post.

5) Deep/pan fry. Heat oil (I prefer using shortening) to 325F. Near an inch is fine. Dredge the chicken (mine soaks in buttermilk overnight and then is wiped off) in flour, dip it in an egg wash (beaten eggs) and then in seasoned breadcrumbs (I like kosher salt, paprika, a little garlic powder, and a spot of cayenne). Place it side down in the oil until brown and flip. I usually do this with bone skin on bird and it is around 12 min a side or so.

Other methods in the oven I prefer to use whole chicken parts for. I typically choose whole parts for the grill as well. As for the foreman, I have never used one and never will but you could always use it in place of pan frying.

Next step is to let me know what sort of things you want to eat with it and we can discuss seasoning and other flavors.

i did eat some of my spicy mustard last night....

i added a few drops of dave's insanity and then a few drops of 357 sauce (for ramos it's the same stuff i made the chicken marinade with) the mustard is hot as hell, i labeled it "this will burn your taint" and one of the roommates laughed at it. I'm thinking he thinks it's a hyperbole.

I am not a big fan of the Dave's Insanity sauce. Synthesized heat is unnecessary when there are so many natural versions that are tasty. It does get its point across though, have your roommates try some on a chip.

spindles, springs, steering arms, backing plates, and caliper brackets are in

getting springs seated properly is a bitch

Spring compressors never make me feel like they are actually going to do their job. I keep feeling one is going to release on me. Funny since I don't ever really worry about my jack that much.