mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Catch a Celtics game when you're in Boston. Ridiculous they are.

There is a really cool company in Minneapolis called Orfield Labs. I had never heard of them before but they have the world's quietest anechoic chamber and had the world's first digital recording studio. If we do this meet thing at Sean's house, I'm going to head over there and see if I can sit in the chamber for 60 minutes. Apparently most people can't do more than 15 minutes. Would like to get over there and do an interview for AudioJunkies. Mind you, I might go anyways even if we don't have a big get together.

I have been in that room more than a few times. Actually as you can imagine measuring below -8dB creates quite a challenge as you are fighting the noise floor of the microphones. We had to use two to even measure low enough. Oh, they recorded Funkytown there as well.

It seems very intriguing. I really, really want to get in there. They have quite a wide range of clients.

I am curious as to where you are getting their client list.

He had just mentioned a few companies and general fields in which they do work to Lukas. The only specific company's name I recall is Harley Davidson...I imagine a lot of it is covered under NDA's.

SSA sure doesn't ever have any meets *cough* *cough*

We meet up every week at Dave's to do something...:P

He had just mentioned a few companies and general fields in which they do work to Lukas. The only specific company's name I recall is Harley Davidson...I imagine a lot of it is covered under NDA's.

Ah, curious. If you think his client list is large, you have no idea of mine. Pretty much the exact same companies and I would say we sell to the same people. Lately he has been on a selling to marketing departments instead of engineering but that is a whole different story.

Sounds like an interesting relationship, to say the least. I would kill to watch you guys do your thing.

I used to just do acoustic work and now only vibration, if you come here you can play around with the vibrometer if you like and you don't even have to kill anything. :D

You have a bachelor's in physics, right?

of arts

My bank account doesn't like the CDN dollar being worth more than the US$.

eff you, but why?

Cuz then I buy more things! haha

Sure when the Canadian dollar is weak we have nothing to buy :(

g'nite, tomorrow I wake up in Phx...after a short sleep drive to the aeroporto

The idea of a CA.com meet kind of scares me, in all honesty.

There are a lot of people on there I definitely don't want to meet, even be in the same state as.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect yours. However, I get a long with a lot of the people in the jello and crunk thread and if they lived near me I'm sure we could all be good friends. I'm not saying any of those guys are meeting me in Tulsa but there's one guy that seems pretty cool.

SSA sure doesn't ever have any meets *cough* *cough*

There's been 2 California ones, multiple Arizona ones, and tons of Virginia ones....

and every time Sean goes somewhere and meets someone

You ever come to Texas, sean?