mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of Product: Birch Bark Wrapped Candles

Units: About 1,200

Importer: Gate Five Group LLC, d.b.a. Roost, of Sausalito, Calif.

Hazard: The bark wrapping of the candle can ignite when the candle burns down, posing a fire hazard.

Candles being recalled for posing a fire hazard eh...

wonderful candles leading to fires what is the world coming to lol

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Hazard: The bark wrapping of the candle can ignite when the candle burns down, posing a fire hazard.

oh man I really laughed out loud.

oh man I really laughed out loud.

ya u did

I was in a convenience store reading a magazine. The clerk said, "This is not a library". I said,"OK, I will talk louder!"

I think a lot of things are being missed in a regular book education for engineering. They are missing stuff that you can only learn by hands on work, you can't teach welding out of a book, you can't teach work site knowledge/safety out of a book. It is something that is overlooked to me that is a real necessity. I'm not real sure on the correct way to voice my distaste of the actual mechanical knowledge of a lot of the engineering students.

It might be that since I grew up in a very mechanical, hands on, family where we fix everything ourselves and had to learn how to take things apart, fix 'em, put them back together, etc, that puts me on a different playing field a lot of the other students.

Sounds like you want to be a technologist...

"I live in America. If you live in America and you can trick someone in thinking they are in Canada you can get more money for a magazine..."

..... Not anymore

That was the hardest pucking test I have ever taken in my entire life. Period.

It was so bad I ended up with one part of a problem that had a bajillion sines and cosines in it because I messed up hardcore the next line of the problem looked exactly like this "=I f'ed up, bad"

I want alcohol, but I'm out of beer, and last time I had a bad test and went with hard alcohol, I ended up with alcohol poisoning.

I think a lot of things are being missed in a regular book education for engineering. They are missing stuff that you can only learn by hands on work, you can't teach welding out of a book, you can't teach work site knowledge/safety out of a book. It is something that is overlooked to me that is a real necessity. I'm not real sure on the correct way to voice my distaste of the actual mechanical knowledge of a lot of the engineering students.

It might be that since I grew up in a very mechanical, hands on, family where we fix everything ourselves and had to learn how to take things apart, fix 'em, put them back together, etc, that puts me on a different playing field a lot of the other students.

Sounds like you want to be a technologist...

A what?? Do tell.

I believe he is talking about studies like...

Advanced Engine Technology

Machining Technology

Welding Technology

Industrial Maintenance Technology

Tends to be two year degrees (I think) more hands on and much less theory than engineering (less money as well I would bet) I'm assuming you would end up foreman of welding shop with much expertise in welding, making a pretty good living too. My friends dad does the job mentioned and owns an FJ and condo in Seabrook on the bay.

Above the welder below the engineer

I'm an Electronics Engineering Technologist.

Basically the bridge between the Engineer & the Technician. Solid base in the theory, with the practical knowledge thrown in there. Jacob with Sundown is one as well. I could take another 2 years of university & be an engineer, if I ever wanted to.

I'll be making ~80-85k/yr in 2 years, and I'm not even in the oil industry (which is where the big money is here). If the oil or mineral industry really booms here in the next couple years, I'll be making a career change.

Welding? Come up here, weld oil pipeline. Shitty, hard work, but you can name your price if you are good at it (and have your tickets). Some make around $200/hr.

Really frustrating day, all day. And just before bedtime, a little sun through the clouds.

Really frustrating day, all day. And just before bedtime, a little sun through the clouds.

Glorious!

Thank god I am done working for the night :) Going to get another monster order, but I hate the fact that I spent 2hr putting together a proposal.

4? Try more like 6. :)

What is your major?

EE

hope it only takes me 5

I switched majors around my freshman year so thats why its taking me 6.

I switched my last term softmore year, but still took 4. The school I went to won't allow 5 though.

Sean is tall :P

and skinny, lol.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Hey, I resemble that statement but you should have seen me 15 years ago :D

Did they change the definition of electrocution recently ? I always thought electrocution ended in death. :)

Please never stop posting about your work, you really brighten my day :)

Out of no where, INTERVIEW !!!

Remember you are interviewing them, they aren't interviewing you. Assume the sale.

I think they should make a shop safety, basic shop tools, intro to building chit, and welding classes mandatory for all engineering majors. The option to test out would be available, and it would be a no studying hands on only test. Come up with something and they have 2hrs to build it.

You misunderstand engineering. As an engineer you design, technicians build. It actually behooves you in your career to not be able to do stuff so that you won't get stuck diong it since you have no social skills since you are an engineer.