mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

*smacks bassahaulic for no real particular reason*

Random much? :Doh:

~drop kicks penguins door~

RANDOM FTMFW YO :captain:

I think you won the Random award penguin with the throwing dog treats at me and watching the pups tear me up coment

Chillin in a hotel room in Wichita, teh woman is in the shower. :)

I'll be there Monday night :)

Well shit, I'm back in Manhattan right now. :(

oh, and as to that new toy I mentioned last week....

Woot!! That happened sooner than I expected. :)

The plan is to tear the car apart at the beginning of the summer and have it done by the end of it

Josh's might be done by then

what's the current status of that?

He had to pull the motor 3 different times and finally has that mess worked out.

The headliner is in, he is finishing the deadening and window adjustments this weekend. In a couple weeks it goes back to the paint booth to re-do what isn't perfect. And it should be driving on the road here in a few weeks.

I gave up helping since it seemed like he would only work when I came over. He finally got over that and attacked it, so it might actually get finished.

wow, hopefully it'll be done soon

He is really particular, so hopefully it will be driveable soon. Finished is at least a year away. Take notes, don't do everything at once. The way you are building yours makes WAY more sense to me. :)

heh, I just want to be able to drive it and not have it out of commission for several years

And in the end yours can be just as nice or nicer. Personally I think his idea of doing the body work first was fucking stupid. Told him that from the get go, but he wanted it all done at once since that is how builders do it. Conveniently for him it is a "bolt on" car as nothing is custom which would require a different order. Either way I'd do mechanicals completely then take it apart and paint/detail.

That's basically my plan. Upgrade most/all of the drivetrain stuff in stages, and then sometime down the road (like when I have a real job lol), I'll restore the body.

need to find a tire guy who knows what the hell they are doing with Mercedes...rotating the tires is gonna be a bitch

What makes them a bitch? Do they have the bolts instead of lug nuts? The holes seem small, but that's what thin-wall sockets are for :).

I thought directional tread + different sizes + big rims would make them a bitch but as Sean pointed out no rotation is necessary, so I'm not even going to worry about it...

ah I guess I didn't look close enough to notice they were different sizes and directional tread when I looked through your thread. But if they're directional and different sizes in the front and back, you can't rotate them anyways (regardless of life span)! I think it's hilarious when I see a parked car with backwards-facing directional tread.

So I tried to quote Sean and Tom's conversation but SSA told me it was one quote too many :P

So what the hell is going on w/ that engine Tom, I'm confused....

need to find a tire guy who knows what the hell they are doing with Mercedes...rotating the tires is gonna be a bitch

What makes them a bitch? Do they have the bolts instead of lug nuts? The holes seem small, but that's what thin-wall sockets are for :).

I thought directional tread + different sizes + big rims would make them a bitch but as Sean pointed out no rotation is necessary, so I'm not even going to worry about it...

ah I guess I didn't look close enough to notice they were different sizes and directional tread when I looked through your thread. But if they're directional and different sizes in the front and back, you can't rotate them anyways (regardless of life span)! I think it's hilarious when I see a parked car with backwards-facing directional tread.

Well you could rotate them side to side and remount the tires on the other rims (my initial thought)... :wacky:

JACKSON, Mich.— Wild turkeys are turning into bullies in one Michigan town.

Tri-County International Trucks employee Dave Dodes told the Jackson Citizen Patriot that three of the birds scared a truck driver so much he stayed in his vehicle when he stopped at the truck service shop Friday.

He said a company worker had to create a diversion so the driver could escape, and the turkeys chased both men inside the building in an industrial area at the edge of Jackson, Mich.

Dodes says the birds had been seen near the building for a long time but only recently turned aggressive.

He says “they’re not afraid of traffic, and now they chase people around.”

JACKSON, Mich.— Wild turkeys are turning into bullies in one Michigan town.

Tri-County International Trucks employee Dave Dodes told the Jackson Citizen Patriot that three of the birds scared a truck driver so much he stayed in his vehicle when he stopped at the truck service shop Friday.

He said a company worker had to create a diversion so the driver could escape, and the turkeys chased both men inside the building in an industrial area at the edge of Jackson, Mich.

Dodes says the birds had been seen near the building for a long time but only recently turned aggressive.

He says “they’re not afraid of traffic, and now they chase people around.”

Oh crap, now I'm scared I'm supposed to go out to Jackson on tuesday. :lol:

Edited by bromo

Some people are really fucking retarded

Do you really know how big of an ass hat you have to be to get kicked out of a student volunteer organization that you were at one time president of?

and yes I quoted myself lol

Do you really know how big of an ass hat you have to be to get kicked out of a student volunteer organization that you were at one time president of?

ya what an asshole

You can quote yourself only after accepting ones own self.

So what the hell is going on w/ that engine Tom, I'm confused....

the 5.3?

it's going in the Camaro this summer

It's coming along pretty nicely :D

I must have missed the beginning, what are you building there Tom? A Mars rover?

weather.com says tonight we may get large hail and tornadoes. I've never heard them actually predict tornadoes. But yikes.