mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

oh would you look at that, my skull just spontaneously combusted

neat

and to think, this all started because I sat down on the couch in the den one day to watch some television...

I'm a professional level Screwshitupper, that is for damned sure :)

yes that will make the perfect new title

done!

:nuts:

Oops, woah nelly that is the controller. The cooker I have is:

http://www.vikingrange.com/consumer/products/product.jsp?id=prod170058

vikingc4.jpg

Called about the C4 today. Was told I would have to call back on Monday for a price and availability :(

Your going to poop, just buy a BGE. If I did it over again that is what I would do.

Still a bit spendy. BUT WORTH IT!!!

I purchased my BGE based on Sean's recommendation. I have probably through cooking for others sold 2 more.

I will probably buy another BGE at some point, or else buy a full on drum rig for huge events. Cooking for 30 on one BGE was a bit congested. I was able to get 14 lbs of Boston but the night before, a brisket and then 3 racks of st louis and the tips done. It would have been about 10 times easier having a larger unit though.

Another BGE >> barrel smoker. Just get the XL :)

So how good of a deal is the 32" LCD HDTV at Frys for $244? Or the 26" LCD HDTV with built in dvd player? The only thing is they dont tell you what brand or how many they have. I drove by Frys here tonight at 8:30pm pac and there was already like 30-50 people outside.

They also have a 10mp dig camera from samsung for $49. If I can get any of them, i think I will.

The 28" Hanns G at Costco is 1080p and not much more. I'd expect that thing to be a POS, but could be wrong.

is that a different G?

My 28" is 1900x1200

Does both

Anybody remember the old Phoenix Gold 30 band eq. If so do you remember the model #?

try Phoenixphorum.com alot of old pg fans still hang out there.

I'm there everyday. ;)

I saw your name there. So I take it that you are an old pheonix gold guy?

Meaning products from the early 90's.

Old PG stuff rocks! The shop I work at used to carry all the PG stuff. I've seen pictures of old displays and it just rocks. We had all the old Titanium and limited editions. I was going through pictures of old installs and found an install with 4 15" MB Quarts and a Pheonix Gold Reactor. I with people still spent money on stereos like they did in the 90s.

A shop by my house still has some older PG stuff. They have a M44 & another amp I dont know the model number of I believe it is an M series, it has a 10 year anniversary logo on it.

I have an M44 :)

Finishing up the temperature variable speed control for the home amp fans. I can finally have some peace and quiet when listening to music. These rack amps were noisy.

Any more info on this?

Credit goes to :

http://www.webx.dk/oz2cpu/pcmod/fan-reg.htm

Ditch the rpm output / input. Add a radiator for the mosfet (the one on my board gets pretty hot before the fans start). Still have some adjusting to do, now the fans start when the amp turns on and they move as slow as possible. Once I get a radiator on the mosfet I'll set it so that the fan starts at 40-50deg C. Took me a couple hours to set up everything.

Much lower noise level.

You should post a build thread in the HA section so I don't have to ask where this is in the future.

Vacation days spent doing field work lol

I purchased my BGE based on Sean's recommendation. I have probably through cooking for others sold 2 more.

I will probably buy another BGE at some point, or else buy a full on drum rig for huge events. Cooking for 30 on one BGE was a bit congested. I was able to get 14 lbs of Boston but the night before, a brisket and then 3 racks of st louis and the tips done. It would have been about 10 times easier having a larger unit though.

I've been tossing around the idea of building a ceramic barrel smoker just for shits and giggles...too much time on my hands is never a good thing...

...too much time on my hands is never a good thing...

...it usually leads to me breaking shit...again...

I've been tossing around the idea of building a ceramic barrel smoker just for shits and giggles...too much time on my hands is never a good thing...

Some large terra cota pots and an electric burner can get you a large portion of the functionality on the smoking side. A temperature controller wired to an outlet gets you the rest of the way. Smoke & heat get 'er done.

and now I want pulled pork

...sigh...

off to see a few friends, then time to do a good 2 hours worth of cleaning. Sometimes I love my location, but mostly it's just a really convenient place to have people pre-bars.

:woot: for pre-bar on Sunday. Wish that was still me.

lol not from today. Went down and had a drink for a buds birthday though. Mess was from between....I'd say tuesday and saturday. Epic weekend sums it up.

BGE dealer opens at 8am. I will call then. Thanks

You may have heard that four police officers were murdered in what under different circumstances would look like a mob assassination in Washington state coffeehouse this morning.

The man local police are seeking for questioning is Maurice Clemmons, 37, a man with a lifetime history of violence, burglary, aggravated robbery, theft and rape. Clemmons was serving what was essentially a life sentence in Arkansas before having his sentence commuted by then-Gov. Mike Huckabee.

You're 0 for 2 with those gubernatorial pardons there, Mike :worthless::jon:

I'm still drooling over plx's. Wish I could have snatched a 1.4kw mono that was on ebay.de some time ago *sigh*

I will snap so pics tonight. I didnt know you all liked the qsc pron!

Please do :)

I'm a D-Bag. I furgot. I'll try to remember tonight.

Isn't the XL like 2 times the cost of a large? I'll have to research. Being able to switch from smoker to griller without trying to move a blazing hot ceramic plate would be nice with a barrel....

I also want a way to add more chips through the cooking process. It's a PITA as I have to open the top wich would loose heat, then try to sprinkle chips in through the grate and around the ceramic disk.

and now I want pulled pork

...sigh...

I was going to ask you and Sean. Last time I did pulled pork I put in 2 7 pounders in and had an amazing bark and it was hot all the way through. It was nice and low for ~ 26 hours, but to me, it didn't pull apart as well as I wanted/expected.

Any sugestions?

first day back at work in a week. I was so sick last week. The wife was worse.

IF h1n1 is how they describe it, then she had it and I had some mild version. My joints were amazingly sore and tired and sensitive. It agrivated my wifes back injury, horribly. I hate seeing her in a state that I can't help, have to be tough for, but know I cannot do anything about it. Her MD gave her some good muscle relaxers and vico/tylenol. Too bad all that does is make you so retarded you don't know you hurt, and cause nausea.

Back spasms and heaving aparently are a bad combination.

I just sleps 9-14 hours every day.

Isn't the XL like 2 times the cost of a large? I'll have to research. Being able to switch from smoker to griller without trying to move a blazing hot ceramic plate would be nice with a barrel....

I also want a way to add more chips through the cooking process. It's a PITA as I have to open the top wich would loose heat, then try to sprinkle chips in through the grate and around the ceramic disk.

Chunks >> Chips