managed to get an honest to god raging hard on :woot:

park it in the driveway and now there's a stench coming from under the hood

fuck

:Doh:

uhoh.

What do you think it is?

no fucking idea

giving it a while to cool off before I look at it

oil cooler line sprung a leak would be my guess; there's oil spray all over the front accessories and some in the skid plate, but together it can't be more than maybe a cup or two of loss

I won't use Mothers or Turtle Wax anything on my paint.

you prefer the synthetic wax or the carnauba wax?

going to take off the other skid plate and see what I can see

think it's just from being old and just burst a little leak from spirited driving?

think it's just from being old and just burst a little leak from spirited driving?

probably, but I'm more than willing to pay 75 bucks for the stealership to find and fix the leak, especially considering how MB packaged these lines

warranty ftw :woot:

A landmark survey has found that one in ten children is unhappy, and most blame fighting within their family.

While I will probably be crucified for this, I use the Turtle wax color match wax, Black Magic interior protectant and tire shine, meguires car wash, and mothers for the plastic outside, and on the 'rims'

Please keep the info and ideas coming. I want my Xterra to start looking good again here real soon.

J

I love sexy black tires. I think I have used black magic a few times myself.

I'd recommend not using any kind of tire shine. It causes weather cracking faster.

While I will probably be crucified for this, I use the Turtle wax color match wax, Black Magic interior protectant and tire shine, meguires car wash, and mothers for the plastic outside, and on the 'rims'

Please keep the info and ideas coming. I want my Xterra to start looking good again here real soon.

J

I'd recommend not using any kind of tire shine. It causes weather cracking faster.

really? Amazing I thought it protected it like armorall. Wild.

reasons?

J

I had always heard that the good tire conditioning products actually helped the rubber last... no?

State of the Union drinking game this evening. Key words are "jobs" and "change"

probably, but I'm more than willing to pay 75 bucks for the stealership to find and fix the leak, especially considering how MB packaged these lines

warranty ftw :woot:

warranty?

And in that era it is exactly why BMW > Merc. Until the V8's the Bm'ers were by far the most logical car I have ever worked on.

J

I had always heard that the good tire conditioning products actually helped the rubber last... no?

As long as they aren't full of petroleum distillates I'd agree.

reasons?

A couple although they are more than 15 years old. :P Turtle wax had an issue that destroyed some paint jobs and when I frequented them everyone at carshows used Meguiars that seemed to know anything. Then 3M came out and I can usually get someone to take me to the company store for wholesale goodness. :) Mothers wax frustrated me as well. Just didn't go on or come off as easily as I felt it should. Not an issue of effort either. In a just bought an old car detail though I do get tired, hard to go at it for 10 hours. Same reason I only wash my windows with Sparkle. Seems to streak WAY less than anything else and doesn't fuck anything up. Had issues with everything else pretty much, but again a long time ago.

State of the Union drinking game this evening. Key words are "jobs" and "change"

Sweet. That would actually make me listen.

Wow, the hop is slow. I have 5 windows open in it right now just so I can fucking respond.