mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

While I will probably be crucified for this, I use the Turtle wax color match wax, Black Magic interior protectant and tire shine, meguires car wash, and mothers for the plastic outside, and on the 'rims'

Please keep the info and ideas coming. I want my Xterra to start looking good again here real soon.

J

I love sexy black tires. I think I have used black magic a few times myself.

I'd recommend not using any kind of tire shine. It causes weather cracking faster.

really? Amazing I thought it protected it like armorall. Wild.

I had always heard that the good tire conditioning products actually helped the rubber last... no?

As long as they aren't full of petroleum distillates I'd agree.

I never even thought they would put something like that in there. I'm going to read the bottle next time.

It's a horribly good grease cleaner so regularly some derivation of it exists. That wouldn't be dressing, but deep cleaning and drying.

obviously

but dishwashing soap? I don't think I'd want to use Cascade on my paint? Unless you mean Dawn soap?

<--real interested in the LED's as well. I have some circuits that don't support enough light at the moment and I can't add bulbs as pulling more power isn't acceptable.

I would propose that one or both of you make a thread discussing this at homeaudioforum.net :)

obviously

but dishwashing soap? I don't think I'd want to use Cascade on my paint? Unless you mean Dawn soap?

Not dishwasher, but dishwashing. Palmolive would be my choice. It is what we used for removing grease on "Do not dryclean" clothes at the Drycleaners. We tested pretty much all the soaps and Palmolive did the best on grease by a big margin. The disadvantage of course is it removes your wax along with the grease so only use it when you want to Polish and re-wax. I do the same as Ryan, but sometimes also put a superheated hot towel on top of the soap and bugs. It seems to help. I doubt you'll need to go that far though as I think our bug potential is WAY higher.

*by think I mean KNOW

we are throwing around the idea of wearing our cap and gown for the event since we graduate the day before

You should. I did not walk for my undergrad graduation because I was at Ultimate Nationals. So I played a point against University of Colorado in my cap and gown. :)

I doubt you'll need to go that far though as I think our bug potential is WAY higher.

*by think I mean KNOW

probably, bugs aren't too much of an issue around here until the lovebugs come out, then all hell breaks loose

<--real interested in the LED's as well. I have some circuits that don't support enough light at the moment and I can't add bulbs as pulling more power isn't acceptable.

I would propose that one or both of you make a thread discussing this at homeaudioforum.net :)

My first home project is going to be the new microwave over the range. My wife loves to have that light on, why I have no idea. I removed the lense and found 2- 40watt bulbs burning up the power. I am going to replace the bulbs with 3 prolight high power 3watt white leds. I chose the easy way and purchased their led driver, why you may ask. For $10 and it will be easiest way to do this job.

The MN state bird is a PITA on the front end of vehicles up here. Oddly enough, my truck has less problems than any other vehicle with bugs.

Aaron that is just because you prefer to wear a gown.

This weekend should be good for cleaning the truck. It really needs a GOOD detailing.

I think I'm going to follow Seans advice and go get 3M products for my truck. Make her SHINE.

J

Aaron that is just because you prefer to wear a gown.

:greddy2:

Two of my all time favorite cars. If I was King Midas or something and had crazy loot but only owned these two cars, I would drive the F1 on the weekends and the Veryon during the week. You know, in case it rained on the way to work, need that AWD. :tehe:

Recently the electric has been deregulated in my area :( so I have been building led circuits to replace conventional lighting. If anybody is interested check out www.c-leds.com.

We started building the led systems last year for haunt use and have had a lot of comments on our lighting.

I'm going to convert my house over to 12VDC for lighting using a simple homebuild wind generator, a single solar cell and a bank of small batteries and relays. I hope to have the house off the grid, lighting-wise in less than 6 months.

Are you going to use leds or 12v bulbs? I have checked out some home made wind generators still thinking.

Let me know how you make out.

LEDs. I may actually go to 24 or 48V. I can get a simple transformer then if I ever need to power them via AC.

I doubt you'll need to go that far though as I think our bug potential is WAY higher.

*by think I mean KNOW

probably, bugs aren't too much of an issue around here until the lovebugs come out, then all hell breaks loose

normally I just pre rinse like Aaron does, but I went ahead and tried the dish soap on top of that followed by a wash/wax combo (because I'm feeling really fucking lazy today :lazy: ); works beautifully on the buggies, and boy does she shine good, even considering it is 10 year old paint

Did you watch Monday? No way Shumi is The Stig.

Yeah, it had to be a joke, as they had someone grind the gears and wipe out a $40k camera after that.

Yum is right, quite the matchup.

Where is cranberryyumyum been? Seems like a decent guy, just every time I saw that user name I would crack up. :tehe: