mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Avatar is the only movie that made 3d look good. Probably because it's a demo for a new way of filming 3d. It's like crysis or any other game company that makes a new gaminging engine or tools. It's awesome because it's done right. AAvatar didn't throw things in your face. That's poorly done. That makes the viewer move away from the screen and breaks the bond that you have with the story. In avatar they created depth and pulled the viewer forward. It was just done SO well.

In general I think 3d is a huge hoax in almost every way it's used. The glasses are the first and biggest problem. The polarised lens version is the best, and even then it's only ok in situations when you are in a dark theater setting. If you look away from the screen or tilt your head everything in the room and/or the screen becomes blurred.

Untill the make 3d that doesn't need some goggles it won't be accepted by the consumer. That being said, it may be pushed on us anyway.

I like IMAX 3D movies but I think I prefer just regular 1080p HD

I like IMAX 3D movies but I think I prefer just regular 1080p HD

My wife LOVES going to the movies. I will concede to go occasionally. When we do it MUST be IMAX. I cannot stand standard def in theaters anymore. Thus I am subject to a LOT of 3d.

So what I am saying is I completely agree. I think in 90% of the cases I like regular 1080 or better.

Better being reserved for computer moniters and the rare few things that can take advantage of that.

I have a 25' 1080p monitor and love it, everything looks so sharp.

IMO, 3D is worthless on TV or movies. It does not make the movie or TV feel more real, and the glasses are more a hinderance that anything.

I don't like 3D glasses at all.

I certainly hope it was a good deal off that 3,400$ :P

Nearly half

I better go to costco....

One day sale, couldn't believe it and figured I have 90 days to return if I change my mind.

I can't imagine only 1080p on a 25 foot monitor. That must look like shit if you are anywhere near it ;P

My nearest costco is super rip off and its a wholesale center and samns club is way better in my op

My nearest costco is super rip off and its a wholesale center and samns club is way better in my op

driver mounted window switch for the rear passenger door went out in the Blue Meanie; apparently everything I drive turns to shit :huh:

New Camaros on the showroom look funny as hell with those truck sized tires, BTW

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. — Tom Brady is joking about the two-car crash that left him unhurt and sent a passenger in the other vehicle to a hospital.

Brady walked into his postgame interview after New England's 38-24 win over the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday and made a lighthearted comment about the outfit worn by a well-dressed Scott Zolak, a former Patriots quarterback and now a television commentator.

Zolak shot back, asking Brady if he got a new car after his Audi was seriously damaged Thursday morning.

"I did, I did," Brady said with a smile. "I just wanted to get the 2011, so I had to crash the 2010."

Then, he turned serious.

"Fortunately, I was OK," Brady said. "Hopefully, the people in the other car are recovering quickly and well. But it was a scary thing for both of us."

Avatar is the only movie that made 3d look good. Probably because it's a demo for a new way of filming 3d. It's like crysis or any other game company that makes a new gaminging engine or tools. It's awesome because it's done right. AAvatar didn't throw things in your face. That's poorly done. That makes the viewer move away from the screen and breaks the bond that you have with the story. In avatar they created depth and pulled the viewer forward. It was just done SO well.

In general I think 3d is a huge hoax in almost every way it's used. The glasses are the first and biggest problem. The polarised lens version is the best, and even then it's only ok in situations when you are in a dark theater setting. If you look away from the screen or tilt your head everything in the room and/or the screen becomes blurred.

I did not like that movie.

Accidentally bought a tv today.

Figured I would see some pictures on HAF by now.

I can't imagine only 1080p on a 25 foot monitor. That must look like shit if you are anywhere near it ;P

LOL. 25 inch i got you but it does look good, but i can't imagine 25 ft like a movie theater, can't believe some still use regular quality(480p) I think

Edited by cheese20323

I didn't get it until the end was pretty confusing.

Still don't get it. Everything looked cool as shit though.

I disagree. I don't like the mix of animation/live film. It never works.

I disagree. I don't like the mix of animation/live film. It never works.

Still though the animations were good. I know what you mean though.

Accidentally bought a tv today.

Figured I would see some pictures on HAF by now.

Have to decide if I am keeping it first :)