mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Ryan1, what EBC pads did you use ?

Greens.

That's what I planned to buy for the jeep....yellow's are $$$

I had the Yellows first when I planned to track it, and they were pretty agressive for street use. I think they made a Red for street use too, but I was told the Green's were the most forgiving, and they worked really well. The Hawk Pads I had have all been very dusty, but the last pair I used on the GT was insane. I swear that car would pull a negative G stopping. They worked great with the Brembos.

I read somewhere that the Yellows were dusty too.

Maybe I'll just save up for a big brake kit or try to replicate a kit which uses 98 Explorer rotors and disks. Front only..

Since we are on the subject...which do you prefer: slotted, drilled or flat surface disks ?

Amazing how much more expensive Merc parts are than BM'er ones though.

Funnier still considering the front brake pads for the E55 also fit the E38 series 750iL and the Z8 :lol:

oh, and about how much brake fluid would it take to replace the whole system? 1L? 2? Do not want to buy more than I need

Flat or slotted. Drilled for that car would be an exercise in buying something poorly engineered. Flat should be fine.

A liter should cover you unless that car has an unnecessarily large amount for the ABS or clutch.

Funnier still considering the front brake pads for the E55 also fit the E38 series 750iL and the Z8 :lol:

Ah, the E38 nor the Z8 are particularly normal BM'ers for parts. Not surprised any longer.

I partied too hard last night. I am paying for it now.

Forgot how shitty you feel after.

Me too.. went to my first Sigma Phi party... Preeeety epic

3-4 kegs jello shots, jaegerbombs, and lots... and lots and lots of sexy girls.

:captain:

One last random brake question (mostly for Tirefryr): SN95 era 'Stangs don't utilize a Drum In Hat style parking brake, correct?

Most vegans use plant based products, don'tcha know :)

Insurance as well. Or course that goes back to repair prices.

One last random brake question (mostly for Tirefryr): SN95 era 'Stangs don't utilize a Drum In Hat style parking brake, correct?

Rotating piston in rear caliper.

Ryan1, what EBC pads did you use ?

Greens.

That's what I planned to buy for the jeep....yellow's are $$$

I had the Yellows first when I planned to track it, and they were pretty agressive for street use. I think they made a Red for street use too, but I was told the Green's were the most forgiving, and they worked really well. The Hawk Pads I had have all been very dusty, but the last pair I used on the GT was insane. I swear that car would pull a negative G stopping. They worked great with the Brembos.

I read somewhere that the Yellows were dusty too.

Maybe I'll just save up for a big brake kit or try to replicate a kit which uses 98 Explorer rotors and disks. Front only..

Since we are on the subject...which do you prefer: slotted, drilled or flat surface disks ?

Slotted if you are into any kind of performance driving. For normal everday use, just use a standard rotor.

Drilled if you want the open wheel bling bling factor

Me too.. went to my first Sigma Phi party... Preeeety epic

3-4 kegs jello shots, jaegerbombs, and lots... and lots and lots of sexy girls.

:captain:

Grabba-thigh parties ALWAYS need someone to really spike their punch. Then they get better.

Insurance as well. Or course that goes back to repair prices.

Yep, my M5 was less than $300/yr. Really well covered also. I am sure my next car won't be so nice to me though.

Rooting for the Saints for a night.

Shit, any game is a toss-up anymore. There is no one team that is a guaranteed lock to win.

I'm not sure why people think factory Bose in a Cadillac is the greatest thing ever...