mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Just received confirmation :)

07ml632.jpg

Joining you Peng.

07ml632.jpg

Joining you Peng.

Sweet looking ride for sure Sean! More pictures I hope will follow after you take ownership.

That one of your vehicles Peng?

Shit no :roflmao:

http://www.fukung.net/random

^^^ great waste of time

Blocked at the office. :(

Be glad it is :P

I lost many-a-school classes looking at that site...

Great people are never forgotten. My grandfather passed away tuesday, he was pretty old and had beat cancer 15 years ago but couldn't this time. He didn't wake up tuesday.

Condolences man :(

07ml632.jpg

Joining you Peng.

6.3 ?

Those things sound SOOO damn good. I'm green :D

After a long day of baking I am going to drink some rum :woot: and wait for Sean to tell us about this sweet new ride he is getting.

After a long day of baking I am going to drink some rum :woot: and wait for Sean to tell us about this sweet new ride he is getting.

i concur. Even though my day was rather relaxing :ehh:

and yes I am aware that acceleration numbers for yours and mine are roughly the same

AMG 6.3 :)

de-fucking-licious.

Saw a black one today coming home from school. The guy put his foot down starting from the stoplight...

So for work whatever I buy needs to be warrantied. Considering I am shopping for cars that will not be under factory warranty for the whole time my lease would exist this means buying an aftermarket warranty. Besides the dealerships (which I have called already ;) ) where else would you look for a warranty? I have tried the appropriate model forums, but that is sort of like searching for SPL on here and not very effective.

Year One and Fidelity have come up many times as aftermarket choices, but of course I have the balance to deal with. The more $$ the warranty is the less $$ I can spend on the car. If I didn't have to have it I wouldn't, but not my choice. Part of me wants to start a company and offer one to my company therefore mitigating the risk off of them and onto me, but that is probably more work than it is worth.

That being said, I'd love to not pay the dealer price on the warranty as it may really improve what I can afford. Any ideas?

Yes, Dealers and the various Aftermarket warranties make arrangements together...and they set-up 'what' is actually covered, the circumstances of the part or service covered, and they keep prior services records on the vehicle in question as well. The dealership itself gets 'kick-backs' from the warranty policies that they do sell. So, the prices could be very well higher there...than anywhere else.

Usually shopping around would be the best recommendation that I could honestly give at this point. I have worked for Ryan, AION, and a few others as a claims adjuster. Basically, I would inspect the higher dollar value claims the vehicles themselves, parts and prior service/maintenance records. I did have to go to some dealerships on a regular basis since they would try to scam the warranty companies...but they also do the same as well to the dealerships. Many times, I would be instructed to deny coverage for claims where the owner had no viable service or maintenance record. Yeah, sometimes it was not a very reputable job, and hence why I don't work in that area in the automotive industry anymore :P

I would suggest finding one outside the dealership, but at the same time....make sure their warranties are honored by other shops...since these aftermarket companies are notorious for denying claims...which ends end in a customer pay....which puts the shop in a bad situation dealing with a furious customer...hence why they don't honor some aftermarket warranty groups.

Find any maintenance and service record that you can find on the vehicle, and then KEEP very good records of Everything....even oil and other fluid changes as well as any part changed. (make sure that this part or fluid DOES NOT deviate from any factory specification at all)

Also, Be aware that the Aftermarket warranty company inspects the vehicle for any type of modifications different from Factory specifications such as...rims, tire size, and engine/transmission/exhaust/electrical modifications...as well as aftermarket tow hitches...and to what class.

Research and read over the policy thoroughly to see what covered, the circumstances...and the deductible if any. Usually they try to roll you into a more expensive coverage...thinking everything is OK....then you have to pay for a dealer to 'turn -off" a check engine light...since that would be considered a diagnostic fee (which is not covered)...and the engine sensor would be covered (sometimes) IF that sensor is included in the power train coverage :P

I can review a one for you if you want...but would need all the information. Also, researching the company too...make sure that there are not too many furious customers out there posting on the internet ;)

Thanks for the big reply. Curious as to where you shop around. The local yellow pages is worthless, the internet is worthless (you get 10,000 hits and none of them are clear), I find positive references on forums on companies like Fidelity, but on their site they reference to buy from a dealer. Ugh.

I apologize for the late reply to the post, I am in the process of changing jobs at the moment and I now I have to re-visit my curriculum and development strategies that I have used over the years so I can in turn use this data to be beneficial to my new employment.

Anyways, it looks that you are closer to or have already purchased. :) It's hard to really research anything about Aftermarket warranties and then finding credible information about them; other than angry customers who may in fact have not really read the actual warranty themselves thoroughly enough, did keep adequate service records or modified their vehicle from factory standards. I have heard Fidelity is pretty good, though it seems it has to be bought at a dealer...I think that you should be fine, just follow these above 3 things.

07ml632.jpg

Joining you Peng.

Didn't see that one coming.

I can't say I am a fan, but I love that engine. Everytime Clarkson tests one on Top Gear, the receiver gets cranked. It's an absolute symphony.

http://southbend.craigslist.org/cto/2069965681.html

So I post the Buick up on Craigslist and of course people don't read the pucking listing and they all want to buy the car for $5. Dumb pucking people.

Nice Car! I like the 3.8's, great reliable engine. Looks like it is in fantastic shape! I wish I had the extra cash....

So I post the Buick up on Craigslist and of course people don't read the pucking listing and they all want to buy the car for $5. Dumb pucking people.

Nice Car! I like the 3.8's, great reliable engine. Looks like it is in fantastic shape! I wish I had the extra cash....

Actually, it's not the original engine. I bought it with the good 'ole Series II intake leak. The guy hydro-locked it, and I pulled the engine, installed a 2002 replacement engine and ended up doing a complete overhaul, so it basically has a fresh engine. The paint needs some work though. Somebody either jumped across the roof, or dragged something across it, and then a cart ran down the DS and dented the gas filler door. I can buff everything out, but no time or warm place to do it at, so it goes like it is. It's super-clean though. One-owner old man car.

Actually, it's not the original engine. I bought it with the good 'ole Series II intake leak. The guy hydro-locked it, and I pulled the engine, installed a 2002 replacement engine and ended up doing a complete overhaul, so it basically has a fresh engine. The paint needs some work though. Somebody either jumped across the roof, or dragged something across it, and then a cart ran down the DS and dented the gas filler door. I can buff everything out, but no time or warm place to do it at, so it goes like it is. It's super-clean though. One-owner old man car.

Ah man! What a deal!

I Do remember those leaks. When I was a service adviser a Buick-GMC dealership back '02, we saw Quite a few of those instances...in fact the tech we usually assigned the work to...had stacks on pallets of those intakes :-P

The replacement intakes and your upgraded engine did perform quite well.

Yeah, I had to make one just for the spam from CL, so there it is.

and yes I am aware that acceleration numbers for yours and mine are roughly the same

I think you read different specs than I did.

Either way, I no longer "need" two cars. This one does what my other two did. Considering I don't have space for 3 cars, this was necessary.