mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

a hip hop the hippie the hippie to the hip hip hop

Looking at some 1998-2000 volvo v70's

IMG_0186Large.jpg

Any thoughts? I've heard some mixed things about the transmissions.

We have an XC90, but I know nothing about the V70's. They look pretty sweet though.

We have an XC90, but I know nothing about the V70's. They look pretty sweet though.

Yeah I love the look, the newer ones are less angled, more rounded, don't like the look. But the other ones like the above pic look sweet.

The R model already comes with cool looking wheels, getting them powder-coated black doesn't cost much either, and makes plenty of power.

So yeah that's my latest endeavor :)

Yeah I love the look, the newer ones are less angled, more rounded, don't like the look. But the other ones like the above pic look sweet.

The R model already comes with cool looking wheels, getting them powder-coated black doesn't cost much either, and makes plenty of power.

So yeah that's my latest endeavor :)

v70r is the ultimate wagon. I personally love them haha

That generation is problematic . In fact, I would not buy any Volvo from about '95-'03. I almost bought an S60R a couple years ago and was heavily leaning towards a new C30 as well. Be fore-warned, the maintenance prices are ridiculous. Nothing on them is cheap.

That generation is problematic . In fact, I would not buy any Volvo from about '95-'03. I almost bought an S60R a couple years ago and was heavily leaning towards a new C30 as well. Be fore-warned, the maintenance prices are ridiculous. Nothing on them is cheap.

Figures :P

I'll have to read up on Volvo speed and see what specifically is notorious for going out...

Part of the reason the maintenance is so expensive is because it is a 5 cylinder. Not many people are familiar with those engines.

It's just the fact that they are so small and so little of them made. MAss-produced parts are cheap, and Volvo does not mass produce in terms that other manufacturers do. Even with sharing Ford parts, they are pretty brand specific. In the case of the Volvo, the engine is probably where the cheapest parts are.

Part of the reason the maintenance is so expensive is because it is a 5 cylinder. Not many people are familiar with those engines.

The 5 is supposed to be terrible in the XC90 as well.

Even though I have read that the XC's are reliable I still bought it certified for more than 3 years and if it does anything weird we won't keep it past that time. Sure it is WAY cheaper than the ML though, lol.

Honestly.. unless i had a fairly good job i would stay away most foreign cars.. not because they're foreign.. just the maintenance on something foreign is just too high in most cases.

Honestly.. unless i had a fairly good job i would stay away most foreign cars.. not because they're foreign.. just the maintenance on something foreign is just too high in most cases.

But that doesn't mean i wouldn't take a Lexus LFA or a m5 :P

Friend bought another shitty Yamaha snowmobile. :(

Yes they are shitty. Can't do much besides climb a couple hills and ride some trails with those damn 4 bangers. Too heavy for me. I like to whip it around and have fun, pretty much being able to manipulate the sled to do what i want, when i want is what i prefer.

its been a long time. i guess you will always come back to and obsessions

I was literally just thinking when i saw your post in here was "Holy shit I haven't seen him in a bajillion years".

eek5wavey.gif

FML.

I'm so wiped out. I have only got 3 hours of sleep a night for 4 days. BOOOOOOOOO. It's sad that I'm still high level productive here.

My M5 was the cheapest car to maintain that I've ever owned. I spent nearly 7x on my Silverado even though I did drive 2x the miles.

Friend bought another shitty Yamaha snowmobile. :(

Yes they are shitty. Can't do much besides climb a couple hills and ride some trails with those damn 4 bangers. Too heavy for me. I like to whip it around and have fun, pretty much being able to manipulate the sled to do what i want, when i want is what i prefer.

Funny in that it is my sentiments exactly but when they weighed them wet they were lighter than the Cat or Poo 2 strokes. Feel like tanks though. Perhaps it is all front end weight so it feels like shit.

FML.

I'm so wiped out. I have only got 3 hours of sleep a night for 4 days. BOOOOOOOOO. It's sad that I'm still high level productive here.

I read 3 hours in 4 days and thought you went on a meth bender

My M5 was the cheapest car to maintain that I've ever owned. I spent nearly 7x on my Silverado even though I did drive 2x the miles.

Yeah, I see the "Potential upkeep cost".. but it isn't always 100%.

My M5 was golden and my Chevy a classic GM turd. Parts are WAY cheaper for the old bm'ers than the new though :(

It's probably closer to 3 hours total. I keep waking up every hour.

Toight though I'm going to crash EARLY. Maybe i'll try and catch 30 min for lunch in the truck.