mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Before the oil change average PSI was between 30-45. How long should she run 'high' after an oil change?She went from a regular 10W30 to a Valvoline Max Life 5W30.Wife is starting to get a tad touchy about the cost as the brakes, rotars and oil were about 800. Including labor.J

Another 'thought' was that with the 138k on the ticker maybe the lines were a bit clogged and she may need a line change. Might have sludge build up.Mechanically I am thinking in no real orderPlugs and wiresAll lines replacedNew oil pumpNew Water PumpNew radiatorNew CalipersJ

It'll go down once the oil warms up. Something is off. Unless it has an oil cooler, which I doubt, there are no oil lines needing changed. Everything will be internal. Only thing I can think of is they used an engine flush and something got into the pan and the oil pickup. Pull the oil cap off. If there is sludge, you'll see it right away. Check the PCV valve.

No oil cooler. I'll look inside the cap later today. Stupid ? but should I be looking warm or cold?

J

Doesn't matter. If there is sludge, you'll see it. . . Unless they performed a flush.

I don't see 'sludge' per se. Just some oil. This is when I opened the 'oil fill area' cap.

J

Ethanol's a joke

Ethanol is great for making power. Not so good for mileage.

True. The idea that it could be any sort of replacement for gasoline in a daily driver scenario is a joke. It is a good alternative to high octane gas though. Equivalent of like 105 octane and costs about the same as pump gas right?

naughty-memes-untitled3.jpg

I think that'll be the name of my new boat...

Too bad he called dibs Sean

American top gear sucked less than usual tonight

You got that right, they are no where near as good as the British top gear which is a GREAT show to watch.

It seems to be coming along. If it keeps improving like this I'll keep watching

Finally got my project bike running great!! Took quite a bit of work but was well worth it !!

Edited by Bobobass

:fing34: you should have some pics of boobs for us in the morning, no?

Ethanol's a joke

True. The idea that it could be any sort of replacement for gasoline in a daily driver scenario is a joke. It is a good alternative to high octane gas though. Equivalent of like 105 octane and costs about the same as pump gas right?

It's actually better for the environment as well. I don't know the exact number, but the carbon footprint is about half that of gasoline. E85 is slightly more. As for cost, it depends. IT's usually around 90% that of gasoline and it contains 80% of the energy gasoline does, so you burn more fuel for the same power, but in the end, you probably lose money. So the only real gain is the environmental effect.

Ethanol's a joke

Compression is great for making power.

Ah, I see.

Ethanol's a joke

It's actually better for the environment as well. I don't know the exact number, but the carbon footprint is about half that of gasoline. E85 is slightly more. As for cost, it depends. IT's usually around 90% that of gasoline and it contains 80% of the energy gasoline does, so you burn more fuel for the same power, but in the end, you probably lose money. So the only real gain is the environmental effect.

Not at all how I understand it. You have to include the distillation in your environmental footprint and considering ethanol is a net negative that doesn't bode well for the environment. Add to that what it will do to our soil which is already overused and corn being an aggressive crop it really makes no sense at all. Sugar cane is a different story, but we can't grow that...

On top of that building a car to run on a flex standard and that is ridiculous. If you don't gain the benefit of compression then you lose everything that you gain and are now just wasting a shit ton of energy. And then of course looking at how little environmental impacts cars actually have and its just not a logical argument. Hell in LA air has to be "cleaner" coming out of the tailpipe than going into the intake on an average day.

Fishing rod holder is here. Had one other thought. Duct tape is pretty non-compressible and it would be rather easy to add 1/8" of thickness with multiple layers. Only bummer is if it doesn't work its a beyotch to remove.

Love to get it going this week though so I can buy my grill :)

I'm working the Benadryl. I wonder if I toll 10 if it would reeeealy be that bad.... Jack takes fistfulls.

Corticosteroids are kind of a no go for a while. I took it for too long and had a bunch of sides.

Benadryl knocks me out cold!

Hey guys, I will be in the market for a mattress really soon. I remember you guys are able to really negotiate. What kind of reduction should I be looking for and what kind of mattresses should I be looking at?

Thanks.

I'm working the Benadryl. I wonder if I toll 10 if it would reeeealy be that bad.... Jack takes fistfulls.

Corticosteroids are kind of a no go for a while. I took it for too long and had a bunch of sides.

Benadryl knocks me out cold!

I've had many, many corticosteroid shots and many steroid creams like Triamcinolone Acetonide. I'm having a hard time getting the shots when I need them since I've had so many, the docs don't want to give me anymore. Benadryl knocks most people out because it is exactly the same thing as over the counter sleep aids, the active ingredient in both is 25 mg of diphenhydramine. Having a hard time getting to sleep? Try 2 benadryl. Got an allergic reaction or itch but no benadryl in the house? Try a couple of those OTC sleep aids. The only difference usually is the color of the capsules. Taking 10 at one time is not recommended at all (I've taken 4 at a time though with no ill effects other than passing out about 45 minutes later) and consuming alcohol with them is a no-no as it can cause bleeding.

Hey guys, I will be in the market for a mattress really soon. I remember you guys are able to really negotiate. What kind of reduction should I be looking for and what kind of mattresses should I be looking at?

Thanks.

M2 is your man.

Never less than 50% off though.

Another question to go with that too. Say there is a $800 mattress that I like and a $500 mattress that's okay. How do I work paying $400 for a mattress without them just saying, well this is out of your price range. How about this one?

it feels funny to say. I don't like your $500 mattress so sell me a better one for $400. Obviously if the 8 is worth 4 than the 5 is worth 2.5 but I'm sure they don't look at it that way.

Ethanol's a joke

Not at all how I understand it. You have to include the distillation in your environmental footprint and considering ethanol is a net negative that doesn't bode well for the environment. Add to that what it will do to our soil which is already overused and corn being an aggressive crop it really makes no sense at all. Sugar cane is a different story, but we can't grow that...

On top of that building a car to run on a flex standard and that is ridiculous. If you don't gain the benefit of compression then you lose everything that you gain and are now just wasting a shit ton of energy. And then of course looking at how little environmental impacts cars actually have and its just not a logical argument. Hell in LA air has to be "cleaner" coming out of the tailpipe than going into the intake on an average day.

no doubt. EthNol is garbage for the earth if your talking from corn. I've never heard that cane was a net gain, but even breaking even is better than fucking corn. It's for whiskey and Mexican food. Nothing else.

Another question to go with that too. Say there is a $800 mattress that I like and a $500 mattress that's okay. How do I work paying $400 for a mattress without them just saying, well this is out of your price range. How about this one?

it feels funny to say. I don't like your $500 mattress so sell me a better one for $400. Obviously if the 8 is worth 4 than the 5 is worth 2.5 but I'm sure they don't look at it that way.

You say, "I need this(the 800) dollar mattress but its too much. The cheeper one is not comfortable. "

Make them know you really aNy the one that's more costly and will buy today of they drop their pants on the deal.

You always have the benefit of walking towards the door. If the deal isn't right, leave, there are a shit ton of mattress stores since EVERYBODY has to sleep. Commodity at its finest.

Sean is right though. Half off is your beat deal unless its mattress giant clearance stuff. Then its like 60% off or more depending on the set. I could manage 17.5% of original sticker on a king size premium clearance product without getting serius heat.

And ugh. Just pulled a fresh headunit ground over lunch on the boat as something is buzzing. Still there and probably the damn RCA's. Not loud and not really noticeable at high volumes or when moving, but it pisses me off nonetheless.

Also figured out the "cooler" is a compartment under the seat with a plastic liner that isn't even sealed from the hull. WTF??? Might have to glass myself one that seals up since it SUCKS for keeping anything frozen.

Sean is right though. Half off is your beat deal unless its mattress giant clearance stuff. Then its like 60% off or more depending on the set. I could manage 17.5% of original sticker on a king size premium clearance product without getting serius heat.

Exactly the reason why it is good to shop at when there is a clearance sale. Not like you usually buy a mattress in the ultimate hurry.

I don't know when clearance season is though, Matt?

You always have the benefit of walking towards the door. If the deal isn't right, leave, there are a shit ton of mattress stores since EVERYBODY has to sleep. Commodity at its finest.

Yup. :D

If they sell protect a beds buy one from the poor shmuk.

Great product and will give him added value comish.

I never dropped pants without at least make the people buy some added value. A man has to eat. :D