mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Getting ready for weekend #2 which is our Children’s Miracle Network weekend. With nice weather (finally) we are hoping for large crowds.

As an added bonus I am taking my video camera to take some short videos to upload. I have to keep them under 15 minutes because youtube has a limit. It takes about 23 minutes to walk through the haunt, so look foward to some scare scenes with actors and paying victims... :ghost:

Narrowed it down. Looking for a 28hp Minneapolis. Fucking missed out on one by a few weeks :(

28minnie.jpg

For your tractor? :trippy:

Yep, amazing machines. Rated at 28hp and I've seen one exceed 3500ft lbs at 250rpm. Sometimes technology takes a step back. Plus gotta love something you have to fuel with a fire you build!

:woot:

Sweet. :)

Time for a road trip up to MN, steam tractors are so cool.

I'm looking to begin to learn to weld.. Is mig welding a good start?

Start with Arc, TIG, or Oxy/fuel

In MN a tractor like that will pull bitches. Lots and lots.

All those pistons thrusting gets their blood boiling I think. Sorry you didn't get it sean. I loved cleaning those up on the farm. Such cool machines.

Only a single piston.

Narrowed it down. Looking for a 28hp Minneapolis. Fucking missed out on one by a few weeks :(

28minnie.jpg

That is freaken sweet Sean! I grew up on my grandparents farm playing on them! I love the old hit and miss sound.

Best sounding combustion engine ever is the old Hart Parr's.

I have to say I am a little suprised with the like of steam. :)

There is nothing like the sound steam whistles on those tractors and the smell of apple butter.

My dad has a monster steam whistle off an old train, can't wait to install it :)

If you want to be good I think arc (stick) welding is the best way to start. It allows you to really understand how to move the puddle and control heat.

After that the MIG is easy and then you could step up to TIG eventually if needed

28minnie.jpg

Yep, amazing machines. Rated at 28hp and I've seen one exceed 3500ft lbs at 250rpm. Sometimes technology takes a step back. Plus gotta love something you have to fuel with a fire you build!

:woot:

Sweet. :)

Time for a road trip up to MN, steam tractors are so cool.

There are around 80 full traction engines up at WMSTR. At least another 15 mini's, a couple steam shovels, a full size steam train, a 1/8th size steam train, steam hammer, the Pabst brewery engine, a 20' flywheel corliss engine, and WAY more steam stuff but this is getting long. Ultra cool.

Who knows maybe the tractor I'll find will be in KS. Either way once I get it a trip during labor day for the show is sweet.

If you want to be good I think arc (stick) welding is the best way to start. It allows you to really understand how to move the puddle and control heat.

After that the MIG is easy and then you could step up to TIG eventually if needed

Oxy-acetylene will REALLY teach you to weld.

Not opposed to a big Reeves, big Advance, 40hp Avery, the monster Rummely, or an 85hp Case. If the right Buffalo Pitts came along it could be mine as well.

Somehow, when I woke up this morning my phone, dock, and charger ended up unplugged and nicely set onto my closed laptop. Absolutely no recollection of why this would happen...

Snow. I've got fucking snow.

I am soooooo glad I do not have snow!!!!!

28minnie.jpg

Probably why they were such a popular option for freight trains well, even until the 1960's; TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORQUE

Somehow, when I woke up this morning my phone, dock, and charger ended up unplugged and nicely set onto my closed laptop. Absolutely no recollection of why this would happen...

You had some good shit last night....

Good, you can keep it!

Good, you can keep it!

If you weren't nearly 4 hours away, I would make a trip up next weekend.

Good, you can keep it!

If you weren't nearly 4 hours away, I would make a trip up next weekend.

Drive like I do and make it 3.25 hours. We will have a blast!

Another day, another Islamophobic chain e-mail

28minnie.jpg

That would be such an awesome toy! Traction engines FTMFW.