mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Using Windows Firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials works just as good, and sometimes better than, most commercial AV/Firewall/Spyware program combos and they are far less resource dependent *cough* Norton *cough* McAffe *cough*. Using Chrome or Firefox with a good adblocking extension, like Adblock Plus, instead of Internet Explorer is a definite must, as are sensible browsing habits. Keeping Adobe Flash and Java up to date is also recommended, as they are readily exploitable and are routinely updated to patch security holes; same goes for Windows Updates.

Solid advice. I have been doing that with my tower for awhile and haven't had any issues.

the vigils they're holding for him at Apple Stores is a bit creepy

no doubt.

To see

To bleed

Cannot be taught

In turn

You're making us

Fucking, fucking, fucking

FUCKING HOSTILE!

But we can, you know we can

But we can, you know we can

Let's lynch the landlord man

Who the fuck puts whitish-yellowish-pinkish tiles in their driveway. They are bound to get dirty all the fucking time...

I've had good luck with spybot search and destroy.

Biggest thing is, just don't download a bunch of random bullshit from websites, p2p networking, etc.

I use Avast. Its free and not a resource hog

I also was huge into CG development too. It you wanted to do 3d graphics you wanted a Mac.

Bullshit, SGI :P

I can't believe how much change's with computer's over the course of a few years. I have owned a HP the last two computer's so figured I would buy another one of those.

The biggest thing that's odd is that the guy at the store tells me I need to buy the programing (office home and student). That the computer doesn't come with any programs on it anymore.

The one I am looking at has a Phenom 960T Quad-core, has 8GB RAM and 1.5TB hard drive. Then I would buy the Office home and student and Norton for stater's.

I am not computer savy in an way so what do you guy's think?

Probably answered but I'll throw in my 2 pennies.

For Antivirus I would get AVG free. I've used it for years and have had no virus'. If you don't use Office stuff that often or if you want to try it out google docs is getting pretty good and its free.

so i take a toke off the dubble bubbler im watching some wilfred and eating my lunch, and my phone rings.. i pick it up.......

and i hear. BRRUUUUUU a train horn in my fucking ear... then this over happy white guy is yelling at me.. HELLO!!! THIS IS YOUR CAPTIN SPEAKING!!!!JONATHAN YOU HAVE WON 2 FREE CRUISES !!!

WTF.

so i take a toke off the dubble bubbler im watching some wilfred and eating my lunch, and my phone rings.. i pick it up.......

and i hear. BRRUUUUUU a train horn in my fucking ear... then this over happy white guy is yelling at me.. HELLO!!! THIS IS YOUR CAPTIN SPEAKING!!!!JONATHAN YOU HAVE WON 2 FREE CRUISES !!!

WTF.

rofl.

I can't believe how much change's with computer's over the course of a few years. I have owned a HP the last two computer's so figured I would buy another one of those.

The biggest thing that's odd is that the guy at the store tells me I need to buy the programing (office home and student). That the computer doesn't come with any programs on it anymore.

The one I am looking at has a Phenom 960T Quad-core, has 8GB RAM and 1.5TB hard drive. Then I would buy the Office home and student and Norton for stater's.

I am not computer savy in an way so what do you guy's think?

Probably answered but I'll throw in my 2 pennies.

For Antivirus I would get AVG free. I've used it for years and have had no virus'. If you don't use Office stuff that often or if you want to try it out google docs is getting pretty good and its free.

I totally forgot about the office portion. I use OpenOffice, it's awesome, it's free.

I also was huge into CG development too. It you wanted to do 3d graphics you wanted a Mac.

Bullshit, SGI :P

I used SGI at a past job. ;)

WTF.

Score!!

I thought for sure you had seen that Aaron.

Jobs reminds me a bit of your fave physicist.

Sagan was selling ideas, but not for mega profits. ;)

But no, I had not seen that speech though.

<--watching my first full half of a WNBA game :P

Enjoying those strong fundamentals are you?

Still better than the actual NBA

Whenever my friends and i go to bdubs, we watch WNBA and every shot they miss, we take a drink.. and keep going.

Funny, except being a bdubs. What a fucking waste of a chain. Everything about the US I hate is epitomized in that shit hole.

Yeah, not many local places around base. kinda shitty, i hate chains.

<--watching my first full half of a WNBA game :P

Enjoying those strong fundamentals are you?

Still better than the actual NBA

Whenever my friends and i go to bdubs, we watch WNBA and every shot they miss, we take a drink.. and keep going.

Funny, except being a bdubs. What a fucking waste of a chain. Everything about the US I hate is epitomized in that shit hole.

Yeah, not many local places around base. kinda shitty, i hate chains.

They have great commercials though. :roflmao:

I had some good wings in FL at Hurricanes though. i think they're a chain too.

5kjVw.jpg

Fuckin christ its windy...............and today has not started off on a happy note.

J

Fuck ipods and apple.

After the new hdd and battery, my ipod started freezing again when it's in the car. I hope I can get it working again without spending money and selling it so I can get a different version, maybe with better results.

Is it too much to ask to have a bit more storage room instead of writing cd's with mp3's ?

What iPod do you have? If you get a new one how much storage do you need?

4th gen, 20GB. It's more than enough storage but horrible reliability. I could do well with 4GB of storage, as long as it will play without hiccups.

The HDD ones are prone to failure. Especially one that old. I had a 5th gen and the logic board went out so I sold it for parts and got a 160GB. If all you need is 4GB I'd just get a flash based nano. I had an iPod touch and it didn't play nicely with my Alpine or Pio HU.

That's what I'm thinking. A 3rd or 4th gen nano is ok. I don't need tons of storage, I just want it to play music :D

helped my friend do the evry mod on his tdi beetle last night.. very surprised with the results. pours smoke pretty nice :morepower1:

Pouring smoke under boost means he's not doing it right. Smoke does not mean power.