mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Hope everybody enjoys their holiday today.

i've decided to say "screw it" and go back to my first loud system i've ever had and put it in the Hummer only a little different. i've had 4 Type R 12's and 2 Thors, but now i've decided on 8 Type R 12's and just my Z1 and if that doesn't work i know some Crescendos that will. if i could get the Gcons for $150 each i'd do that, but ballin on a budget i don't think you can get better than the R's

Can't fit 4 18s? Figure it would cost half as much.

Knocking some work out here at the shop. Its nice and quiet. :) I'll be in Georgia next week, so trying to get 2 weeks of work done in 1 week.

There are a few galleries on Cannery Row. One time when we went Wyland had an exhibit there, but if I am remembering correctly that was at the aquarium, I don't think he had a gallery or was using someone else's up there, but I could be wrong... that was better than 15 years ago. I lived just outside Laguna Beach for a few years and he had 2 galleries there. I always loved his work, so we visited his showing up there (on Cannery Row).

Looks like he still has one in Laguna. The last museum I was at was in La Jolla, but it was sort of a let down, but I didn't go there specifically for the museum either. tongue.png

Who, what? I stay in Laguna Beach every time I go out to my office.

i've decided to say "screw it" and go back to my first loud system i've ever had and put it in the Hummer only a little different. i've had 4 Type R 12's and 2 Thors, but now i've decided on 8 Type R 12's and just my Z1 and if that doesn't work i know some Crescendos that will. if i could get the Gcons for $150 each i'd do that, but ballin on a budget i don't think you can get better than the R's

I really can't see that being the best fit. For the price you mentioned you could do 6 12" Gcons, 4 15/18" Icons, or 3 15/18" Xcons. I'm not sure why you want so many small woofers and most Type R setups I have heard were loud but sounded terrible.

Based on the Type R enclosure recommendation I assume you have about 10 -16 cuFt to work with. 3 Xcons or 6 Gcons would work well in that.

I just don't see where having more low quality parts would out-do the high quality parts in this situation.

but ballin on a budget i don't think you can get better than the R's

Obviously you had a shit ton of drinks last night...enough to where the stupid bug hit anyway.

That wouldn't be ballin'.

It's not the best for your budget

And the phrase "I don't think you can get better than the R's" is seriously ROFL

Knocking some work out here at the shop. Its nice and quiet. smile.png I'll be in Georgia next week, so trying to get 2 weeks of work done in 1 week.

No workers to bother you is a plus. Good luck and safe travels.

There are a few galleries on Cannery Row. One time when we went Wyland had an exhibit there, but if I am remembering correctly that was at the aquarium, I don't think he had a gallery or was using someone else's up there, but I could be wrong... that was better than 15 years ago. I lived just outside Laguna Beach for a few years and he had 2 galleries there. I always loved his work, so we visited his showing up there (on Cannery Row).

Looks like he still has one in Laguna. The last museum I was at was in La Jolla, but it was sort of a let down, but I didn't go there specifically for the museum either. tongue.png

Seth was talking about Wyland. Looks like he mostly does marine paintings and a little abstract.

Id like to see more abstract and surrealism.

Edited by stefanhinote

Seth was talking about Wyland. Looks like he mostly does marine paintings and a little abstract.

Yeah, Wyland. The thing I liked was his use of color. The deep blues and contrasting bright sealife really kicks ass in person.

He had 2 galleries in Laguna, one right on PCH and another off a little side street. Next time you are out there spend a couple hours in his gallery. Some of his work almost seems corny, almost like he is trying too hard to be cute, but his serious work is awesome.

Interesting that you would like surrealism. I would say my 2 favorite more modern artists are Dali and Wyland. Yeah, total opposite ends of the spectrum, but both just do something for me when I look at their work.

Yeah, Wyland. The thing I liked was his use of color. The deep blues and contrasting bright sealife really kicks ass in person.

He had 2 galleries in Laguna, one right on PCH and another off a little side street. Next time you are out there spend a couple hours in his gallery. Some of his work almost seems corny, almost like he is trying too hard to be cute, but his serious work is awesome.

Interesting that you would like surrealism. I would say my 2 favorite more modern artists are Dali and Wyland. Yeah, total opposite ends of the spectrum, but both just do something for me when I look at their work.

Luckily for me the university has a pretty stellar collection, and its always changing. Pretty neat that some of it is from local artists too.

I've been to a few art museums and fail to find something that would make me go back. Not my thing.

I've been to a few art museums and fail to find something that would make me go back. Not my thing.

That was how I felt until I went to a few in Europe.

I am not generally a fan of museums either. For the most part most of the art sucks. I prefer galleries or showings where I can view one or 2 artists I like.

That was how I felt until I went to a few in Europe.

The Vatican Museums were amazing.

I like Dali

He has been a favorite of mine for a long time. I used to really enjoy his stuff when I was on acid. We took a trip to the LA County museum for one of his showings and dropped about an hour and a half before we went in (crowds on acid never bothered me). We were mesmerized for hours.

The Vatican Museums were amazing.

I definitely enjoyed them, The Louvre was awesome too. Seeing the Mona Lisa was pretty crazy. The featured artist when I went was Picasso (who I really don't personally care for) and seeing his artwork was really cool. Most of the art that I really enjoyed was by artists that I had never heard of even in my art history class.

Paintings and such I just can't get into. I am mechanical and that is what I like. I guess it's because I don't understand the art. I could get into something like a carving where I can understand the work, skill, and craftsmanship it takes to make it, or bronze or metal work, but I just can't wrap my mind around painting or shit like that. I can't see nor understand the vision.

Paintings and such I just can't get into. I am mechanical and that is what I like. I guess it's because I don't understand the art. I could get into something like a carving where I can understand the work, skill, and craftsmanship it takes to make it, or bronze or metal work, but I just can't wrap my mind around painting or shit like that. I can't see nor understand the vision.

The Vatican is loaded with amazing marble, most of which are widely unknown...

smDSCN1126.jpg

smDSCN1095.jpg

smDSCN1001.jpg

smDSCN0987.jpg

smDSCN0834.jpg

but ballin on a budget i don't think you can get better than the R's

Obviously you had a shit ton of drinks last night...enough to where the stupid bug hit anyway.

That wouldn't be ballin'.

It's not the best for your budget

And the phrase "I don't think you can get better than the R's" is seriously ROFL

yeah, if you noticed i was still up at 4:40AM. i love Rum, but i hate the morning aftermorning.gif

For a long time I gave zero fucks about 99.9% of art, but after taking a few art history classes and art, I have a better understanding and appreciation for it.

Certainly not an art snob though.