mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

You are right that what we put into our bodies doesn't change our genetic makeup so we can't pass it on to children. But I thought testosterone or some kind of hormone like that was legal for men? I just say that because there was a kid I went to high school with that was I guess a little slow on getting to puberty, so he had a doctor prescribe him something to speed it up. I'm not sure if it was testosterone or some other kind of growth hormone.

Genenome biology is fun stuff. I fear it's abuse in the world but to rid everyone of genetic disorders would be awesome.

Kid can get testosterone but it's more likely it was human growth hormone, or an HGH releasing peptide or some varient of HGH. I think they are doing exparaments with different insuline growth factors or even the chemicals that IGF causes to be released. Short kids get all kinds of junk given to them. It can't make them get taller really, just help them to acheive their genetic potential. This is the same with testosterone use in later life. It cannot make you move past your genetic potential. Some think myostatin gene research will lead to us all being able to become super beasts past our genetic limits. The multiple century selection of only the best does this "naturally". Look at flowers or cows. Here is a really visually amazing and high wow factor little tid bit of info, but really no different than those fly eye color genetic lab tests you may have done in high school.

Belgian Blue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia kind of clips the info short, and probably has a ton of misinformation, but you get the idea. Think Bonzai tree's. Itty bitty trees are just "natural" gene augmentation over a LOOOONG time.

Look up Piedmontese cattle too. Some dog had a lot of internet coverage recently too. Some Genome researchers call it "double muscle".

The thing is that testosterone and it's analogues are still a felony if you don't have a script and since "normal range" can be a >600% difference it's pretty much trial and error to find a dosage that treats symptoms of low testosterone in men. In sports they can't even tell if you injected testosterone. They can only test to see if you testosterone is within range of something like epitestosterone, FSH, and leutinizing hormone or some other nearly arbitrary internal hormone. They don't even care if you're above the "normal range" just that your testosterone isn't a certain percentage over certain other hormones. If you're a sprinter who just happens to have a ton more testosterone/what-the-heck-ever-hormone than the sprinter next to you, then you might get nailed if you are having a particularly high blood concentration. Since testosterone fluctuates frequently and drastically the tests really are stupid. I am not sure the hormone they referance. I can't get too much of anywhere with work comp etc.

HGH for example can't even be tested that way. I guess they came up with some new way to check recently for it, and for IGF-1 doping. I have no clue how, but up untill that point it was a muscle biopsy.

So to summarize my point it's stupid that androgens(like testosterone) are scheduled when things like birth controll are given out like candy, and morning after pill doesn't need an Rx. Also since we can't accurately test for steroids in sports, and they are given to injured players in the off season to recover.... Why create a global black market that isn't taxed costs tax payers millions, helps keep the jails filled... you get the point. I'm not saying hand a needle to your 5 year old when he first picks up aq baseball bat, but when discussing informed grown men especially ones who are monitered by doctors constantly in sports who may actually have less injury if they have a reliable source and not some dude cooking up olive oil in a bath tub.

Most sports are a garbage heap though not just NFL and baseball. I just get sick of franchises and the federalies getting on some good guys for smoking some pot and shooting testosterone to play/feel/recover better, when another guy can hospitalize his wife for not taking the kids to church and all he gets is a stern talking to.

The reason why Plan B does not need a prescription to acquire is for the short timeline it needs to be taken in. You have up 72 hours to take the pill, most people would not be able to acquire that in time frame for whatever reason. Not to argue with you I agree with everything said that is just my reasoning on why the Plan B does not need a Rx to get unlike Birth Control Pills.

I really wish society would stop looking at marijuana as the most dangerous drug out there, that is what kills me. Drug test nowadays especially for jobs are against pot smokers since it takes longer for it to get out of your system unlike the rest of the drugs out there that take no more than a week (usually within three days). And focus on why you can have something legal (such as alcohol) that causes most of the car accidents yearly and try to make stiffer laws on it each year. All the laws on alcohol still dont bother people enough not to drink and drive, just shows you how fucked up our society and government is IMO. I do understand it is all about money and liquor is a booming industry especially with the taxes on it and everything plus they have more of a control on it then they ever will marijuana. But now they want to toss every pill out there known to mankind to us for us to take that are probably worse than anything we could put it our bodies period. That is why I dont take pills unless it feels like Im close to dying and need but I still are weary on taking them then.

/rant

The reason why Plan B does not need a prescription to acquire is for the short timeline it needs to be taken in. You have up 72 hours to take the pill, most people would not be able to acquire that in time frame for whatever reason. Not to argue with you I agree with everything said that is just my reasoning on why the Plan B does not need a Rx to get unlike Birth Control Pills.

I really wish society would stop looking at marijuana as the most dangerous drug out there, that is what kills me. Drug test nowadays especially for jobs are against pot smokers since it takes longer for it to get out of your system unlike the rest of the drugs out there that take no more than a week (usually within three days). And focus on why you can have something legal (such as alcohol) that causes most of the car accidents yearly and try to make stiffer laws on it each year. All the laws on alcohol still dont bother people enough not to drink and drive, just shows you how fucked up our society and government is IMO. I do understand it is all about money and liquor is a booming industry especially with the taxes on it and everything plus they have more of a control on it then they ever will marijuana. But now they want to toss every pill out there known to mankind to us for us to take that are probably worse than anything we could put it our bodies period. That is why I dont take pills unless it feels like Im close to dying and need but I still are weary on taking them then.

/rant

I fell you on MJ. It's nonsense.

Think about aspirin. It's a wonder drug sure, it's also one of the highest for drug alergies. And it pretty much kills you instantly with no hope. Awesome. Real easy to OD on too. But it's safe enough that it's allowed to be sold without childproof lids. Viox is another great. Proven to cause heart failure. Taken of the market for it because it happens so often. Let back on but now with a warning.. Super duper.

brownies... :trippy:

Can I has recipe ?

The last two days only baking and eating brownies has been on my mind :lol:

Well fuckin A....................Got work early so no hockey tonight.

Dark Helmet: Fire a warning shot across her nose.

[Warning shot almost hits Vespa's Benz]

Dark Helmet: Careful, you idiot! I said across her nose, not up it!

Crosseyed Gunner: [lifts helmet, revealing that he's crosseyed] Sorry, sir! I'm doing my best!

Dark Helmet: ... Who made that man a gunner?

Crosseyed Major: I did, sir. [also crosseyed] He's my cousin.

Dark Helmet: [to Sandurz] Who is he?

Colonel Sandurz: He's an Asshole, sir.

Dark Helmet: I know that! What's his name?

Colonel Sandurz: That is his name, sir. Asshole, Major Asshole.

Dark Helmet: ... And his cousin?

Colonel Sandurz: He's an asshole too, sir. Gunner's mate, First Class, Philip Asshole.

Dark Helmet: How many assholes have we got on this ship, anyhow?

[The entire bridge crew, except for one person, stands up and raises a hand.]

Entire Bridge Crew: Yo!

Dark Helmet: I knew it, I'm surrounded by assholes... [Closes helmet] Keep firing, assholes!

And the old triangle went jingle jangle

All along the banks of the Royal Canal

any news on that Cash for Caulkers program? looking into getting a new HVAC system

mother finally got a coat of paint on the outside wall today; weather is finally cooperating...for now

brownies... :trippy:

Can I has recipe ?

The last two days only baking and eating brownies has been on my mind :lol:

:lol2: i just used the box kind

Did you hear Nate Kaeding tried to hang himself last night? He got the noose around his neck, but he couldn't kick the chair.

Did you hear Nate Kaeding tried to shoot himself last night? The bullet was wide right.

Did you hear Nate Kaeding tried to swallow a bottle of sleeping pills last night? He choked on the first three.

Did you hear Nate Kaeding tried to throw himself into a volcano yesterday? He was going to take a flight to Hawaii, but he missed it.

Did you hear Nate Kaeding tried to slit his wrists with piano wire? He couldn't get his hands inside the upright.

Peng I'm watching Farce Of The Penguins ;)

Speaking of lonely, I'm listening to The Lonely Island :)

In case you guys didn't know it's written and performed my the guys of Saturday Night Live, good stuff.

Did you buy their album?

I loved that CD dearly for about 3 months. It kind of wore away at me after that. On a boat got too much play, so I would get all crabby about it.

No, pff who buys music nowadays?!

I see the other side of the coin. The human body and intake of food can only allow so much strength/muscle to exist on one person. There is only so much in gains you can have given the levers we have. I also disagree that people drinking protein shakes or blended up cans of tuna and alge and eating vitamins even comes close to natural. The ability to make EVERYONE reach their maximum physical and genetic potential would then mean those with talent and dedication would surpass those who merely had a genetic leg up.

Since steroids do not change someones DNA it can't really pass anything onto it's children. Since the US is basically filled with fat people who are about to die from heart issues, I think it would be smart to legalize something that would make those with a lower level of a natural hormone be able to get it.

We would you outlaw birth control no matter the health concerns involved. That's why Yaz and things similar are still on the market. Do you think that has genetic issues? We don't criminalize women for the use of estrogen or things similar. They take it 99% of the time not to treat disease but merely to either improve looks or life. That's more my point. Most sex hormones are some form of cholesterol that has been changed, yet male versions are not legal. Female are.

You are right that what we put into our bodies doesn't change our genetic makeup so we can't pass it on to children. But I thought testosterone or some kind of hormone like that was legal for men? I just say that because there was a kid I went to high school with that was I guess a little slow on getting to puberty, so he had a doctor prescribe him something to speed it up. I'm not sure if it was testosterone or some other kind of growth hormone.

So this "kid"...is his screen name KU40? :santa:

Waiting for Aaron to chime in after the game.

The Wifey and I were able to make it out last night to watch the game at a bar. No, that is not a typo, we actually got a babysitter and went out for a few beers with her office buddies. Anyway, it was at this place called the Field House, used to be Ray Lewis' place. Michael McCrary was there, he is still a freak of nature. The place was hyper packed, no less then 3x fire code. Anyway, felt a little old but had a decent time, until I found out (after it happened) that some major P.O.S. called my wife a bitch because she was waiting for a seat longer then he was and sat down before he did. I am not a violent person at all, too much hippie blood passed down from the parents, but wow I have not felt a rush of heat and anger like that in a very very long time. I guess it is a good thing I did not hear him say it to her face as I might have lost my composure. Just beyond not cool for a guy to say that to a woman, especially one with a pacemaker that cannot stand in one spot for hours at a time. So that really killed much of enjoying the game for me. In terms of the game, I was happy with the game until that occurred. Though the Colts were able to sneak in a couple of quick TD's, along with the 3 big plays for the Raven's two killed by fumbles another by a flag. Manning played pretty damn good, Reed had him locked in though and no big plays were given up, just all these 10.5 yard passes. Watching Stover poke in a few FG's did not feel good. The Raven's defense did pretty good holding Manning to 20 points, taking Wayne out of the game, and only having a few pass interference penalties. I think Flakko went to his safety valve (Ray Rice) too early and too often. Not to mention, after the one outstanding catch by Mason, nearly everything else was dropped by wide out's. Oh well, outside of a couple of players, the Raven's are quite young, with plenty of pro-bowlers and have been to the play-off's two years running with Flakko in charge. I would have preferred to see a few trick plays that they are very good at, but have not used since the beginning of the season, and more McGahee.

Outside of the a-hole taking trash to my wife, the saddest part of the night, and one that just further perpetuates the issue, is that there were Steeler fans there at the bar, talking trash about the Raven's all through the game. Yes, I said that correctly, Steeler fan's at a bar bashing the Raven's when the Steelers failed to make the play-off's. So beyond sad, I have gone from feeling disgust and distaste towards most of them, to pity and ashamed that I consider myself a football fan as they do. Either way I can relax and watch the other games. But it was nice to get out downtown and have a few over priced beers in a super packed sports bar with some friends of my wife.

dang aaron sucks that u really couldn't enjoy the night.

Sry to hear that the ole steelers were out again lol(i guess their are the diehards that can't leave the ravens alone)

Ehh, thanks, but no worries I am happy I was able to get out, even if I was on the verge of something ... As for those (not all) Steeler fans, unreal.

real obvious to me that either SD or NYJ can't hang with Indy, NO, or the Vikes. This game is ugly.

The general consensus was that who won between Baltimore and Indy was going to the SB.

Another missed top for me :suicide-santa:

Another missed top for me :suicide-santa:

:peepwall:

I forgive you Aaron!

I never wanna piss of an Admin :P If I didn't have SSA I would be a cold, empty shell...I'd have to change my name to Shelley!

Penguin, it had some funny parts but I was disappointed... :shrug:

once again, the Cowboys prove that they have a shitty offensive line and a shitty offensive coordinator

oh and the lack of discipline doesn't help matters either

Don't forget shitty Homo. The guy just stinks. The only things he's consistent at is inconsistency.

half of that is due to the shitty offensive line

statistically he ain't half bad

Stats don't tell half of it. Look at Jimmy Clausen. Hell, look at Jeff George.

What are you saying about them? They are better than their stats, or worse?

They have pretty good stats, but otherwise suck.