mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Why don't people use correctly there, their, they're, then and than... :suicide-santa:

I am not American and I get pissed about it.

just finished Generation Kill; another excellent Ed Burns/David Simon series :)

LET THE HAJIS HIT THE FLOOR

LET THE HAJIS HIT THE FLOOR

LET THE HAJIS HIT THE FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

Shit had me rolling :lol2:

5dc4fc96-5832-4745-a3b4-21eb4a2124f3.jpg

I watched that movie last weekend, it was really good.

I watched "The Other Guys" last night, it wasn't so good. It had some pretty funny parts, it was just weird quite often, and plot and characters weren't well explained.

Why don't people use correctly there, their, they're, then and than... :suicide-santa:

I am not American and I get pissed about it.

Because 50% of Americans are stupid. Out of the remaining 50%, 45% don't speak any English, 3% don't speak at all, and the remaining 2% are too educated to bother wasting any time to do anything about the stupid people.

dem beats, was it you who suggested ~1g protein per pound of body weight for lifting? you sure that's right? based on what I saw at the store that equates to a ~1,200 calorie 64 ounce shake :peepwall:

I've always heard that much protein...

I've heard that much as well, but I've also read that .6 to .9x body weight in protein is good enough also. Though I'm really not sure how much I intake. Let's see.

Cereal- 5g

16 oz. milk in the cereal- 16g

hard boiled egg- 6g

1/4 lb deli meat in lunch sandwich- ~22g

cheese on sandwich- 5g

Fruit & nut bar- 8g

protein shake w. milk- 30g

supper meat- ~40g

miscellaneous protein in other supper ingredients- 5g

That gets me to about 137g. I weigh 190, so that's a multiple of 0.72. Not bad. Could probably get a bit more.

Let me preface everything that I say here is that it's under the assumption that someone is a pretty active person who does a moderate amount of resistance training. By that I'm saying you lift-to-failure(or extremely cose) your muscles with concentric and eccentric resistance several times a week.

Well, I say 1 gram per pound of "desired" body weight is the optimal starting point. so if you want to be 200 lbs, then 200 grams of protein per day. That would only be 800 kcal. Then thing is unless you're staving yourself from carbs to some degree the protein will be used for muscle building and maintenance. So.... the kcal don't really equate to energy or actual kcal the way you would normally count them. If you want to be 250 then 250 grams of protein or 1000 kcal. Again though, it's not like it will be burned for energy unless you put yourself into a a state where you're body needs it through some form of specific starvation.

Best bet is to consume no more than 50 grams of protein in one sitting, and then wait ~2.5 hours to eat more. So if you're eating to be 250 then I would suggest 6 meals of 41.xxx grams spaced evenly over the day.

Lost of guys I know need less, most guys I have helped are at 1 gram or more. I also don't know too many guys who could be 250 pounds lean.

Just make sure you drink lots of water.

LED tech isn't that great for TV's. I promise you. Most of whats out there is gimick crazy.

Why on EARTH is it not great for TV's. Have you ever seen one in action?

yup. Lots. Demoed at least 15 different times.

Plasma is still much better for almost everything. I know Sean will disagree, but I find the only reason to not get plasma is lighting.

I also got a really great price on my LCDs so that was a big deal to me. I also specifically went out wanting a good picture but with really low glare and high brightness if I wanted it. If there was a plasma that was out at that specific time that had similar glare properties that was 52" and in the 1200 dollar range... I might have made a different choice.

HellooOOoo

is it me you're looking for?

I can see it in your eyes.

I can see it in your smile. . .

Apparently I'm the only one who caught the Lionel?

^5

I've always gone by the 1g to 1.5grams for every lb of body weight. Normal people need around 50grams a protein a day. I take in around 402 grams a day, from shakes and foods.

I'm frustrated at your last two points. I think what normal people NEED and should have are pretty different. I'm not calling you out for any other reason than I think that a clear point should be made. Only 50 grams of proteins a day is quite enough to live, but it's not something that even a sedentary person would thrive on unless suplementing with some amino acids or having a really specific diet. Just like healthy fats.... You only need a small small amount to live, but increasing the healthy fats can make serious changes in your health. The same is true for many of the beneficial amino acids.

402 grams a protein is a huge amount. Do you compete in any athletics?

I only need one HDMI input and one other local for plugging in shit like camera's.

For me, since I have a PS3 and direct tv it's always nice having more than you need, i would hate to have to switch HDMI's,

Switching receiver can solve that issue as well.

LED tech isn't that great for TV's. I promise you. Most of whats out there is gimick crazy.

LED is actually good they're extremely light, power efficient, and THIN! My Tv is about 3-4x thicker than a comparable LED tv.

Light, power efficient, and thin have NOTHING to do with picture btw. Plasma ftmfw.

See... plasma fanboi!

:D

It is 9:30 at night, and the heat index is still 98*

Just finished Kick Ass

pure, unadulterated awesomeness

dem beats, was it you who suggested ~1g protein per pound of body weight for lifting? you sure that's right? based on what I saw at the store that equates to a ~1,200 calorie 64 ounce shake :peepwall:

I've heard that much as well, but I've also read that .6 to .9x body weight in protein is good enough also. Though I'm really not sure how much I intake. Let's see.

Cereal- 5g

hard boiled egg- 6g

cheese on sandwich- 5g

Fruit & nut bar- 8g

supper meat- ~40g

That gets me to about 137g. I weigh 190, so that's a multiple of 0.72. Not bad. Could probably get a bit more.

Let me preface everything that I say here is that it's under the assumption that someone is a pretty active person who does a moderate amount of resistance training. By that I'm saying you lift-to-failure(or extremely cose) your muscles with concentric and eccentric resistance several times a week.

Well, I say 1 gram per pound of "desired" body weight is the optimal starting point. so if you want to be 200 lbs, then 200 grams of protein per day. That would only be 800 kcal. Then thing is unless you're staving yourself from carbs to some degree the protein will be used for muscle building and maintenance. So.... the kcal don't really equate to energy or actual kcal the way you would normally count them. If you want to be 250 then 250 grams of protein or 1000 kcal. Again though, it's not like it will be burned for energy unless you put yourself into a a state where you're body needs it through some form of specific starvation.

Best bet is to consume no more than 50 grams of protein in one sitting, and then wait ~2.5 hours to eat more. So if you're eating to be 250 then I would suggest 6 meals of 41.xxx grams spaced evenly over the day.

Lost of guys I know need less, most guys I have helped are at 1 gram or more. I also don't know too many guys who could be 250 pounds lean.

You'd have to be fairly tall or fairly bulky for 250 lean; I'm 6'0" 243 (no, that is not bulk, unfortunately; BF%++) and I'm barely fitting into my 36 pants and XL t-shirts :lol:

Right now I've just started mixing a pint of milk with two scoops of protein powder...stuff...following each lifting session, ~65g all told. I only lift 3 times a week so I probably won't see much in the way of results for a while...we'll see

So annoying when people make a comment on something they don't know about. Went golfing today and it was pretty backed up. Toped my tee shot and ended up just past the womens tees, waiting for the group in front of me to clear out of the way(about 250 yards away). When I hear the group behind me say "hit the ball, you can't hit them", well I waited a bit more then hit ended up right dead nuts even with where the group in front of me was at. I know how far I can hit my clubs when I get a good hit on them, I don't need someone thats never golfed with me telling me what I can't do. :angry22:

Eh I faded the fuck out a shot and apperantly the bounce broke a light at a neighboring building. No more driving behind work.

Cereal- 5g

hard boiled egg- 6g

cheese on sandwich- 5g

Fruit & nut bar- 8g

supper meat- ~40g

You'd have to be fairly tall or fairly bulky for 250 lean; I'm 6'0" 243 (no, that is not bulk, unfortunately; BF%++) and I'm barely fitting into my 36 pants and XL t-shirts :lol:

Right now I've just started mixing a pint of milk with two scoops of protein powder...stuff...following each lifting session, ~65g all told. I only lift 3 times a week so I probably won't see much in the way of results for a while...we'll see

Eh 5'10 210 and 20% BF...........38 jeans and xl shirts (when I left AZ)............Goal is to be back down around 33" jeans and about 10% bf or so when I redeploy. I think with good diet, exercise and sleep I can do it.

Plus I walk damn near everywhere, and 110* or higher in long sleeves, pants, boos and t-shirt is no joke.

Also, if you really, REALLY wanna sweat, go take a shit at about 2 pm in a porta shitter in this heat. Talk about sweat ur fuckin ass off. Feels like u just got done showering.

J

When I was in the best shape of my life I lifted 3~4 times a week. I did an every other day split, so one week was 3 days next was 4 days. 3 is enough for 95% of people to make a MASSIVE change in their body.

I'm going to be 100% straight forward with you, if you want to morph your body and change it's composition use a 3 day split, and eat lean protein every 3 hours. When you lift, go to failure with at least one exercize per muscle group you work. As for protein just make sure you eat it every 3 hours. Carry beef jerky with you if you have to. I used to just keep boild chicken breast with me at all times or cans of tuna. Once as a punishment to myself for not planning ahead I chewed protein powder without any water as I was stuck in traffic for 2 hours.

Seriously. Lean protein every 3 hours minimum and lots of healthy fats are the key to changing your body comp. Limit carbs to high GI simple sugars after you lift, and then vegis the rest of the time and you will change your body in 60 days. It sounds like an infometial but anyone who I have helped if they did 100% what I told them about diet and exercise could make a complete body change in under 90 days.

I went from ~275 and a bit weak with 17" arms, to 265 with 18" arms and added 15%-40% on my lifts. Waist went from 40 to 36. Only 60 days, and I had a complete cheat day every sunday where I would eat a gallon of ice creme if I wanted just so long as I got protein every 3 hours. The other 6 days were clean as a whistle diet though.

See I gotta make my protein intake more consistant

At 6'2 and 260 I still had a good chunk of stomach fat even with a 21" neck and 55-60 sport coat that was still tight on my shoulders.

I wasn't shredded by any means anywhere but my legs. I was over 28" around at the thigh and 20" at the calf unflexed for a while too.

A 250 pound lean guy is pretty spectacular at any height within the average bell curve.

For the record, at the time I was the most fit I was eating ~1.5 grams of protein per pound of desired weight at 240.

See I gotta make my protein intake more consistant

It's really the most important factor. every 3 hours.

I've done so many tests with my own body and while helping my friends with fine tuning a healthy diet and when it comes to flat out changing body comp it really seams to be the biggest factor right after exercise.

some might argue even before exercize, but thats a chicken/egg type argument.

I only need one HDMI input and one other local for plugging in shit like camera's.

For me, since I have a PS3 and direct tv it's always nice having more than you need, i would hate to have to switch HDMI's,

Switching receiver can solve that issue as well.

LED is actually good they're extremely light, power efficient, and THIN! My Tv is about 3-4x thicker than a comparable LED tv.

Light, power efficient, and thin have NOTHING to do with picture btw. Plasma ftmfw.

Ehhhh, Plasma = burn in (yes it is still possible)

energy hogs, and still thinner :) you can hang it like a picture frame

:ohnoes9:

Energy hogs, funny. I bet you are worried about that extra couple bucks a year. Thinner may be true, but no TV should be against a wall as it is murder to your speakers to put them there.