mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I must convince my parents to get a BGE. Atleast for when I'm in town for Christmas. Then I'll take it with me

Win!

i bet your dad would love it!

I'm trying to convince him but he thinks that he has "plenty of grills" (we do have to nice size pits, an electric smoker, a descent gas grill and old smokies.) and that he can "sear" just fine with what we have and he said something about having an open pit or some bs for searing... I dunno

Insert Sean and dem beats (Sean as well?) perfectly crafted argument please...

Tell him he can sell all of those for just ONE! Big Green Egg

You bastards are not helping me save money by not buying a BGE.

Of course if they are seasoned right and dry, you better not have salt in your sauce.

explain?

Sean you answered everything before I could.

:)

you're right though. I like sweeter ribs. Usually make some glaze with honey. I've been getting tired of that style though so I have kicked my glazes up by making a lot of gingery hot sauces. I used some Umeshu in my last sauce. Next time I'm going to base the glaze on it. It might be awesome!

If they aren't good dry, they aren't good ribs...even if you are into sauce.

You're the preacher I'm the choir.

The level of want just keeps going up.

Easy. Just tell yourself your saving many hundreds by buying a BGE instead of a C4.

I screatched the bead blasted finish on my Dacor. SO PISSED.

I'm never buying that style of range again. It will be great when Isell though.

You will notice in my response to Nick I said oven/grill, but then never recommended the grill to him. My gas grill WILL hold 225F and fluctuate less than 10deg so I can actually smoke/grill/Q on it. It has a couple smoke boxes with their own burners. Amusingly it turns out better BBQ than my pit did, and almost as good as the WSM. Nothing replaces natural lump, but that is about as close as it gets. I only use it to finish, reheat, or cook other things though.

Word; I've found that the cart style gas grills + throwaway pie pan full of chips works damned good as a smoker in a pinch

Of course if they are seasoned right and dry, you better not have salt in your sauce.

explain?

If the meat is well seasoned you don't need to add more seasoning. (err salt) And of course I do not mean none in the sauce, but it should be balanced with what is already there so it doesn't add more.

Easy. Just tell yourself your saving many hundreds by buying a BGE instead of a C4.

Actually I think it is a couple thousand. IIRC my Viking was $2600.

you're right though. I like sweeter ribs. Usually make some glaze with honey. I've been getting tired of that style though so I have kicked my glazes up by making a lot of gingery hot sauces. I used some Umeshu in my last sauce. Next time I'm going to base the glaze on it. It might be awesome!

I am a rub only guy. No sauce period. If they aren't good dry, they aren't good ribs...even if you are into sauce.

Kinda like trying to compensate for an overcooked burger by smothering it with condiments :lol:

I am a rub only guy. No sauce period. If they aren't good dry, they aren't good ribs...even if you are into sauce.

Kinda like trying to compensate for an overcooked burger by smothering it with condiments :lol:

Great analology

:D

Actually I think it is a couple thousand. IIRC my Viking was $2600.

See even MORE savings.

Did you see Deanna Favre's statement this morning? She said the pictures that Brett sent were for her, but you know him...they were intercepted.