mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

For 2 weeks the wheel lost zero air. Took it for a drive today, started to leak again. Went an hour offroad and it was 4 psi lower than when I left home.

Fuck exams, I want to sort out shit but my hands are tied.

Other than that...I need to find a rear Dana 44 so I can get a good locker. Not worth putting money to lock the current rear axle.

For 2 weeks the wheel lost zero air. Took it for a drive today, started to leak again. Went an hour offroad and it was 4 psi lower than when I left home.

Did you ever check to make sure the valve stem wasn't to blame? Like I explained before.

Other than that...I need to find a rear Dana 44 so I can get a good locker. Not worth putting money to lock the current rear axle.

Lincoln locker FTW.:P

The X-Games being right up the road in ASSpen sure makes for a ton of people.

I am heading the other direction from ASSpen for the weekend. I am going to Breakenridge for the International Snow Sculpting Championships.

Did you ever check to make sure the valve stem wasn't to blame? Like I explained before.

Haven't had time for in-depth checks :(

For the last month, all my free time was spent working. Even the short off-road drive today was to check a road that I need to clear tomorrow with the backhoe.

Yeah, Lincoln locker FTW offroad....on the street FTL. I've ridden in a car with a lunchbox locker, it felt just like it was Lincoln locked.

The Beef Brisket came out OK. I ended up cooking it for 24 hours at 225F to get the collagen to melt.

I am heading the other direction from ASSpen for the weekend. I am going to Breakenridge for the International Snow Sculpting Championships.

Don't forget to take pics !

For the last month, all my free time was spent working. Even the short off-road drive today was to check a road that I need to clear tomorrow with the backhoe.

Yeah, Lincoln locker FTW offroad....on the street FTL. I've ridden in a car with a lunchbox locker, it felt just like it was Lincoln locked.

LIke I said before, when my tire was doing this it was a small split where the stem go's through the rim. You should be able to bend it over by hand and tell real quick.

My 14bolt was easy to lock up with the Detroit, but only because it re-used the factory carrier and all I had to do was re-set the backlash. A D44 would be perfect for your rig, good luck finding one.

Definetly. Seeing your salt mine pics makes me want to breakout my pics from my trip to Carlsbad Caverns last year.

LIke I said before, when my tire was doing this it was a small split where the stem go's through the rim. You should be able to bend it over by hand and tell real quick.

My 14bolt was easy to lock up with the Detroit, but only because it re-used the factory carrier and all I had to do was re-set the backlash. A D44 would be perfect for your rig, good luck finding one.

Detroit is not a full-case in the 14b, that's your main advantage. I really want selectable and that means OX, not worth it in the Dana 35.

All the Ssangyong's with solid rear axles run on D44's, plenty and cheap here but I don't know the width...yet :)

My other option is Ford 8.8, it's a tad narrower than the D35 though...

Definetly. Seeing your salt mine pics makes me want to breakout my pics from my trip to Carlsbad Caverns last year.

Whatca waiting for ? :D

Most of mine suck because of the light.

Detroit is not a full-case in the 14b, that's your main advantage. I really want selectable and that means OX, not worth it in the Dana 35.

All the Ssangyong's with solid rear axles run on D44's, plenty and cheap here but I don't know the width...yet :)

The other advantage of the 14b is the threaded carrier preload adjusters, instead of shims. :D The Detroit was the only locker available for the 14b when I did mine. Being a full size rig, the Detroit has pretty good road manners for me. I would love to do a selectable in my front d60 thought.

The other advantage of the 14b is the threaded carrier preload adjusters, instead of shims. :D The Detroit was the only locker available for the 14b when I did mine. Being a full size rig, the Detroit has pretty good road manners for me. I would love to do a selectable in my front d60 thought.

Besides being a huge chunk of metal which is hard to hurt :lol:

ARB, OX make selectables for the D60 but they are all expensive :(

Besides being a huge chunk of metal which is hard to hurt :lol:

ARB, OX make selectables for the D60 but they are all expensive :(

The 14b is a great axle for abuse. I ditched the drum brakes for disks, and shaved the inch lip off the bottom of pumkin, added locker and she was ready.

I would like to buy or build one of these too.

Razor%20Back%2014%20Diff%20cover-250x250.jpg

One ton axles are nice but parts are expensive.

I'd like to see extra strength horizontally though, since that's how the case flexes most. Not that the 14bolt would flex much :P

I just learned how a diferential works.

There's a very cool clip on youtube about that :D

only good thing to come out of chevy was that video.. lol!

I wouldn't give them credit for that even :P

I always knew what the diff did, but I never understood having never taken one apart.