mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Think perhaps my ECU has shit in the boat.

Although the only confusing thing is that it seems to be fine when the gas tank is full.

I am getting an alarm (temp, oil pressure, voltage, tranny temp, fault code). All my gauges show fine though.

After a fairly long run ~hr it shut off. Acted like out of gas. Figure the ECU is shutting off the fuel pump and it goes down. Fault keeps it that way for a half hour or so and then it fires back up and runs okay until it repeats.

Going to run it hard tomorrow and and when it shits open it up and peak at the fuel pump. It's my understanding that it should still have 12v to it. Don't think the ECU shuts it off when an accidental stall occurs. If I am wrong I suppose I could run a wire to the damn thing and plop my volt meter on the dash.

Any other thoughts? There is a shraeder on the fuel line so I can "check" pressure as well.

It should cut power if the engine is not running. Of course, marine programming could be different, but it should sense no spark or no exhaust and cut fuel as well. An automobile is the same way. ever notice if you just turn your key to the on position, you will hear your pump prime for a second or two, but it won't actually run until the vehicle is running.

I read differently on the marine, but am doubting the source. Any idea how to separate fuel pump from the control for it to check which is bad?

*assuming it's a fuel concern

Also, I assume that even when it dies there should be pressure in the fuel rail no? Meaning that if I check and there isn't any it is either the fuel pump control circuit or the fuel pump.

Obviously if it won't restart then I can check for pressure, but would love to try to isolate before getting to that.

Yes, it will still be pressurized. If you can, pick up a pressure gauge and install it on the fuel rail. Check the pressure when you notice it start acting up. YOu should have a schrader valve you can place it on with no adverse effects.

Will do. Found a bad oil pressure sensor. Not the one for the gauge, but the one for the ECU. Intermittent though. Unplugged it which fooled the ECU to thinking it's ok and the boat ran fine for an hour at WOT. Never heard of an ECU pulling fuel when it see's no oil. Is that possible?

And no, was too stupid to reconnect the bad sensor and drive to see if she shut off. Will do later in the week though. Figure I am nearing 1/4 tank so I'll yank the cover, run her almost dry, suck it all out, replace the filters and add fresh gas. That will guarantee it isn't gas. Also will pull the gas vent line and make sure it has no water in it. Gets TOO close to the water when surfing so if the previous owner surfed a bunch there could be some wet. I don't have enough ballast to get there yet...

Bad sensors can do very weird things. My Explorer was running like it was not getting enough fuel and it turned out to be a bad coolant temp sensor. It just depends on their temperment. It should cut ignition which will cause the fuel pump to stop anyways, but it's either open or closed so you should just shut off, not have the issues you are having. Anything is possible though, so I would replace the sensor no matter what.

Effed my Silverado with a coolant sensor as well. Fucking bucked like a bronco. Stupid ass GM ECU didn't keep it as a fault code though. Seems absolutely retarded to have a sensor make the motor do the stupid and then not keep a "this is what happened" message. I suppose the test is to reconnect the switch and see if the problem re-occurs.

Tried range estimating with the Vortex (from backyard to neighbors wall), I guessed 110m, and got 128m from Google Earth. I blame it on the block on the their wall being angled. tongue.png

Mil or MOA?

I find it kind of fun to range stuff like that.

Mil, I got the mrad version. :D

Metric just makes more sense for measurement.

700.jpg

Shitty cellphone pic.

Leaving to San Diego in about thirty minutes. I'd love to bring the rifle and shoot at some range there, but I'm not sure my mother would appreciate that.

Nice pew pew Stefan.

I think I stressed every muscle from my lower abdomen down. A little lower back too. Not so awesome.

It is all just muscle soreness I am sure, but it is intense.

I'm so glad I didn't hurt my back. Lifting that trash can was waaaaaaay too much.

Also Mechman picked a winner, it's not us.

Nice they could come here and update the thread, right? Makes me want to not give them $400.00.

We announced on Facebook the name of the winner. His video needed to be re-edited as it showed some private info about his location/family and he didn't want that all over the net. It will be shared as soon as he re-posts it.

I did see it on there, but to me it comes down to being respectful to the forum.

i bet the winner was from SMD. seems he has a certain loyalty to that forum

Might be the abusively high vendor fee's there.

SMD trying to rape? No, can't be.

Nice pew pew Stefan.

I think I stressed every muscle from my lower abdomen down. A little lower back too. Not so awesome.

I'm so glad I didn't hurt my back. Lifting that trash can was waaaaaaay too much.

Any hot tubs close by?

Wife is coming back from a ladies weekend today. Mowed but I need to use the trimmer, then clean up in the house and start laundry.

I have neglected all the stuff at my house to help my friend. While I don't mind, my wife. Well she is a woman.

We will miss this couple sorely but in the last 6 months I have put in so much work at their house its crazy.

They already did. St Luis.

Her Job relocated and he can work from anywhere.

Do you have any big gas cans?

That being said, where does one dispose of potentially shitty gas?

I have just thrown/recycled mine.

God is there a protocol for that? I grew up just burning the plastic ones and scrapping the metal.

Ha, I meant the gas not the can. Where I'm from we go out in the woods and have a fire.

I suppose you can bring it up to the hazardous waste dump. Was just trying to figure out how to empty the boat, clean the tank, and get rid of it all without taking the boat out of the water :P

I would syphon the old gas and turn it into boyscout juice. Probably not the right way huh?

:-(

Things just ain't the same for gangstas

Nice pew pew Stefan.

I've been having this weird back pain for 1 week. It's very mild, a bit above the lower back and doesn't affect any movement, I only feel it when standing up or sitting down. I could go through 3 workouts with absolutely minimal discomfort my last squat reps. Weird ! Maybe I strained my back when doing jump-rope ? Or maybe it was from welding stuff on the floor all last week ?

Welding on the floor is my guess. Usually when you hurt yourself in the gym you at least have an idea about when it was. Because your focused.

When working on welding you are probably most worried about not melting your face off

I would syphon the old gas and turn it into boyscout juice. Probably not the right way huh?

:-(

Things just ain't the same for gangstas

Think we can start the lake on fire?