mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Between tonight and tomorrow I "get" to:

-write a paper (without data by the way) to present at the International FE Software Congress (ok, that's not the name, but NAFEMS wouldn't mean anything to you guys)

-write a 200 word company overview for the same

-write a 150 word bio for NAFEMS, Automotive Body Congress and the Automotive Testing Expo

-write a presentation outline for the ABC and ATE

-write my resume

And yep, I decided I needed to get drunk. I can't say nice things about myself without alcohol. I come up with nothing. Hopefully tonight I come up with a lot, lol.

Sounds like lots of fun!

Sucks ass. Resume first. I fucking hate tooting my own horn. I'm a huge fan of one page resume's and mine is fucking 5. I need to seriously reduce it. FUCK!

5 pages holy shit! Most people don't want more than on page or so I have been told.

Mine is simple:

Best fucking diagnostic/electrical technician in town. Hire me.

You are HIRED!

See Sean... Simplicity rules ;)

Space Balls fan.

Why diesel? You won't need the stump pulling torque on the street and the new Coyote's are reaching upwards of 1K with just forged internals and your choice of boost. If you keep your foot out of it, they are just as efficient as the diesel.

I realize all the above. I just like the big rigs and am not a fan of the interiors of the 150's. I might have the same problem with the diesels but just wanted to ask if any cool ones had been seen.

Other than the power of a chipped Powerstroke, getting 19 mpg on the highway, and the huge cabin I have been severely unimpressed driving it.

My truck soaks up the bumps much better, handles better, is just as peppy around town, more comfortable seating, interior looks better. And before my truck was lifted I could get over 18 on the highway and can still get 16 now.

If you still have the Silvy, your truck drives and handles like complete shit. Hell mine felt like it would get up on three wheels all the time. Had that Buick grandpa float down the road disconnected feeling. As for the bumps, the lack of bump soaking is due to being able to carry extra weight. I'm willing to remove that capability and butcher the truck in that regard.

Ever seen anyone make the equivalent of a powerstroke lightning?

Sort of have a wild hair to get a truck again, but don't need the truck portion. Just 4wd and power, but getting the big pig down to the ground so it'll handle would be the trick.

I'm confused....

Me too obviously. 4wd/awd, can tow, is fast, and can handle. I'm not excited with what is on the market so I thought having something built might be fun. The ridiculousness of a HD truck that is dropped sounded fun...that and diesel power boosters are sweet.

The first two are readily achievable. For the third you're either going to have to change your definition of "handles good" or you're going to have to do some work with the suspension. Especially with a diesel.

I figured I'd have to be rid of the whole suspension and replace it with Airide/Beltech etc.

Sort of have a wild hair to get a truck again, but don't need the truck portion. Just 4wd and power, but getting the big pig down to the ground so it'll handle would be the trick.

I'm confused....

Me too obviously. 4wd/awd, can tow, is fast, and can handle. I'm not excited with what is on the market so I thought having something built might be fun. The ridiculousness of a HD truck that is dropped sounded fun...that and diesel power boosters are sweet.

The first two are readily achievable. For the third you're either going to have to change your definition of "handles good" or you're going to have to do some work with the suspension. Especially with a diesel.

Nah, 75% of the weight up high and over the front axle makes for fun.

That just ups the challenge.

Other than the power of a chipped Powerstroke, getting 19 mpg on the highway, and the huge cabin I have been severely unimpressed driving it.

My truck soaks up the bumps much better, handles better, is just as peppy around town, more comfortable seating, interior looks better. And before my truck was lifted I could get over 18 on the highway and can still get 16 now.

If you still have the Silvy, your truck drives and handles like complete shit. Hell mine felt like it would get up on three wheels all the time. Had that Buick grandpa float down the road disconnected feeling. As for the bumps, the lack of bump soaking is due to being able to carry extra weight. I'm willing to remove that capability and butcher the truck in that regard.

When we were selling my grandmother's Buick I was the one that went across town to pick it up. Felt so weird to drive. Couple times it was fun to fuck around, and hit something fast, but all in all it was bizarre.

My 96 F150 drove WAY better in all aspects than my 02 Chevy. The Chevy was a little bit quieter and had nicer seats and a rear door. Otherwise net loss across the board. In particular when towing. The 5.3 was a piece of shit.

Off to buy food supplies, 5 days of camping with some of the co-workers.

Sissies didn't want to camp @ 6000 feet and we're going by car and camping next to the parking lot.

Off to buy food supplies, 5 days of camping with some of the co-workers.

Sissies didn't want to camp @ 6000 feet and we're going by car and camping next to the parking lot.

LOL. Have fun. :)

I'm looking at buying some steel tubing, and building a high bar in the backyard for some rings. :ninja:

I'm confused....

I figured I'd have to be rid of the whole suspension and replace it with Airide/Beltech etc.

You'll probably have to do more than that if you want ML63/Grand Cherokee SRT8 type handling, considering a fully dressed Powerstroke weighs in the neighborhood of 1,000 lbs.

I'm looking at buying some steel tubing, and building a high bar in the backyard for some rings. ninja.gif

Nah, just go get some chain link fence posts. They're plenty strong :peepwall:

I'm confused....

'10 Powerstroke, EGR Delete, Exhaust, Intake, Tune, 525hp, 810ftlb at the wheels... I'll bet they make lowering kits for them...

My work truck '10 F-250 super cab 2wd with the 5.4 weighs almost 6klbs empty.

I'm confused....

You'll probably have to do more than that if you want ML63/Grand Cherokee SRT8 type handling, considering a fully dressed Powerstroke weighs in the neighborhood of 1,000 lbs.

I don't expect miracles, lol. And I realize that it weighs a good 1800lbs more than what I have now. I don't regularly flail in corners anyways, but don't want a complete pooch.

I'm confused....

'10 Powerstroke, EGR Delete, Exhaust, Intake, Tune, 525hp, 810ftlb at the wheels... I'll bet they make lowering kits for them...

Your initial post is what got me thinking.

M

My work truck '10 F-250 super cab 2wd with the 5.4 weighs almost 6klbs empty.

My ML is 5200 or so empty. The diesel KR is just under 7k

I'm confused....

Your initial post is what got me thinking.

Yep, I just keep reminding you to make you wonder about vehicles. It amuses me to see you ponder the multitude of choices for a year and go back and forth on them. I'm still waiting for you to break down and buy a Pantera.