Welcome to the IHoP

Said scanner:

DSCN1827.jpg

Nice!

Said scanner:

DSCN1827.jpg

:drool:

WTF happened to the smiley?

So I helped a lady out of a ditch tonight. She couldn't figure out why her AWD Denali could not get out. I told he it's because she has 26" wheels with rubber bands on them and they don't work well in this weather. She just could not wrap her brain around it. She kept saying, "but it has four wheel drive."

FOUR WHEEL DRIVE

SIDE BY SIDE

FOUR WHEEL DRIVE

I blame Kevin

Thanks Seth!

np bud. Hope the info was worthwhile.

Confirmed what I was pretty sure I had measured. A log function that won't nicely correlate with the stock gauge, but solves my concern for tomorrow. Did a four point calibration in a cup of water from 35F to 160F that was crude but close. Wanted to make sure my curve fit was good :)

I blame Kevin

Apparently my sister's father in law got all of his "kids" pistols and CHL classes for Christmas. huh.pngmellow.png

I damn sure don't want her to be carrying, even if it is just a little .380 pea shooter

After offering a screaming Black Friday deal on Troy’s newly introduced 16″ complete carbine, Dick’s Sporting Goods has canceled all backorders placed for the carbine. The sporting goods retailer decided to turn away from the AR market after the mass murder in Newtown, Conn.

The rifles were sold for $799, a mark down of $300. Stores quickly sold through their existing stock and took customers’ money for backordered rifles with delivery estimates ranging from weeks to months. But, instead of getting calls from local stores telling customers to come pick up their rifles, customers have begun receiving letters from Dick’s informing them of its inability to fulfill orders with no specific reason. The letter promises a refund and includes a $100 Dick’s Sporting Goods gift card.

Not only are customers upset, but so is Troy Industries. Troy and DSG debuted the company’s first complete carbine offering in an exclusive sales agreement. Troy says it understands customers’ anger: “you got a great price from DSG. However, Troy, itself, cannot come anywhere close to offering the Carbine at the price DSG was offering it. DSG devalued and diluted Troy’s brand when it offered for sale the Carbine at a steeply discounted price during Thanksgiving week.”

It’s unclear now how many Troy Carbines have been delivered to Dick’s to fulfill backorders, but it seems unlikely that any customers will be getting those firearms. However, there is some confusion at the local level, with some store employees still telling customers that their orders would be fulfilled.

GearScout got some mail on the subject, and one frustrated reader’s statement stands out.

“What makes this situation even more frustrating is that I am a law enforcement officer and purchased this rifle specifically to use while on duty,” says Andrew C., “as my agency allows us to carry rifles, but cannot afford to issue one to every member.”

Steve Troy’s 12/26/2012 statement:

Troy Defense (Troy), a division of Troy Industries, Inc., was deeply dismayed and shocked to hear through national media outlets that Dick’s Sporting Goods (DSG) made the decision to stop selling the Troy Carbine along with other modern sporting rifles. DSG did not contact or inform Troy of this decision prior to notifying the public. Nor was Troy informed by DSG that cancellation letters were being sent to customers, set to arrive on Christmas Eve (a day Troy was closed).

Troy has invested millions of dollars in its facility and operations to bring its first ever modern sporting rifle to the market under an exclusive contract with DSG. In selecting DSG as the sole distributor of the Troy Carbine, Troy relied on DSG’s high sales forecasts and sales potential prior to undertaking the significant financial and corporate commitment necessary to design, develop, manufacture and bring a new modern sporting rifle to the marketplace. Based on DSG’s press release, DSG’s anti-gun stance is clear – DSG will not continue modern sporting rifle sales and Troy will sadly not see its Carbine readily available — despite the outlay of millions of dollars by Troy and its commitment to support DSG in its distribution efforts.

Troy is currently researching other channels to ensure continuous and consistent distribution for its rifles. But please note, Troy’s pricing to DSG was based upon volume sales. It is unlikely that pricing to any other outlet in the future will support the pricing granted to DSG. Troy understands the anger of certain DSG customers whose purchases have been cancelled – you got a great price from DSG. However, Troy, itself, cannot come anywhere close to offering the Carbine at the price DSG was offering it. DSG devalued and diluted Troy’s brand when it offered for sale the Carbine at a steeply discounted price during Thanksgiving week. As a result of the sale price set by DSG, DSG oversold and overpromised its inventory. Nonetheless, the current ill-will could have been avoided had DSG not terminated modern sporting rifle sales, promptly canceled overpromised orders, and forthrightly communicated with Troy.

Troy is hopeful that it will soon identify a new distribution channel for its Carbine. We ask for your patience and support during this difficult and transitory time.

Best regards,

Stephen Troy

CEO & Founder

The Troy Group

www.troydefense.com

www.troyind.com

www.troyprepared.com

And, here’s Dick’s Sporting Goods 12/18/2012 statement:

We are extremely saddened by the unspeakable tragedy that occurred last week in Newtown, CT, and our hearts go out to the victims and their families, and to the entire community.

Out of respect for the victims and their families, during this time of national mourning we have removed all guns from sale and from display in our store nearest to Newtown and suspended the sale of modern sporting rifles in all of our stores chainwide.

We continue to extend our deepest sympathies to those affected by this terrible tragedy.

I guess Dick's is living up to its name.

Edited by Penguin4x4

So I pulled a good one about an hour ago, I close my finger in the door and damn it hurt like a bitch! Hay shit happens.

That is a load of shit with Dick's. I would guess Troy would have a huge lawsuit open to them, but who knows.

Pencils make me spell shit wrong.

So I pulled a good one about an hour ago, I close my finger in the door and damn it hurt like a bitch! Hay shit happens.

Ouch!

No break I hope?

Sled is back on the trailer and hopefully ready to rip tomorrow. Couldn't hit rpms in my yard, but that is a function of the yard, lol. Neighbors have to think I'm nuts riding through trees that are spaced about 5' apart throughout the whole yard.

Pecan trees are working over time. Hell we've probably got over a hundred pounds this year off two trees.

and they only started falling off since early November

I blame Kevin

ROFL.