mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

CBFryman......do you have mild heart attacks while you are typing or what? I have never been able to fully understand any of your posts.

Hot weather is the SHIZ!

I don't understand most of what you said there, but hopefully you'll edit it later :)

ok, yesterday was a long day, im all awake now. I think the e-mail i sent them explains it all quite well.

here is a coppy

Hello,

My name is Chris Fryman and about 6 months ago I purchased a Directed 1100D Refurb second hand from an acquaintance. Before I made the purchase I called to confirm that the 90-day warranty was fully transferable. I was assured that it would be so I went ahead and made the purchase. He gave me proof of installation and purchase. The amp was broken and the guy did not want to fool with warranty claims so he sold it to me.

Not long after I contacted Dustin, who was working for you at the time, to get an RMA number to return it, I also called and confirmed that the warranty would be transferable and that my amp would be serviced. I got the RMA number and sent the amp in with proof of professional installation and purchase along with the $29 fee. Proof of purchase from you to him and from him to me. I also sent a letter with the amp stating that I am the new owner of the amp and that I was informed that the warranty was transferable. After conversing with Laura between a few e-mails and a month and a half of not having my amp she gave me two options. $110 refund and a $29 refund for the amp return OR $110 my next purchase from ikesound and a $29 refund for the amp return. I chose the first. Laura then, in turn, sent the full $139 to the ORIGINAL PURCHASER. She then simply told me to fight it out with him.

Well 3-4 Months of fighting and I'm growing weary over getting my money back when it was ikesound who lost me the $139 in the first place. This has led me to give you two options.

1.) You can refund me the full $139 and YOU can fight out getting your refund back from the original buyer.

OR

2.) I WILL contact the Better Business Burro about what has gone on, Paypal about how you handle your refunds and other monies, Ebay about how you basically scammed me out of my money, and possibly your local authorities along with any other authorities on trade that may want to know about this fiasco. I will also leave my story in full detail every place I can on the internet along with the car audio shows that plan to attend. I am also an active member in many online audio forums including CarAudio.com, SoundSolutionsAudio.com, Carstereos.org/Soundillusions.net, and one of the elder members on Automotiveforums.com's Car Audio section. I am also an on the side enclosure builder and I will warn all of my customers if this is not resolved. I also have all of the e-mails archived so I can prove my story.

Thank you for your time, I hope we can get this sorted out. The order number was ***** and the RMA is *****. If you would like to contact me by phone my home phone is (***)-***-6838 and my mobile is (***)-***-1500.

Regards,

im thinking about getting some "Dont Buy From Ikesound.com" t-shirts printed up and handing them out at a dB drag show :D

Basically ive been driving/working on a 29' Chris Craft ALL day long, Navigation got me lost in jacksonville (i know my way around for the most part but i wanted to see if it would take me an easier/short/faster route) my mom has been female doging because my dad is having a mid life crissis and just bought the damn boat that has twin 350 chevy's in them and she expected it to get like 5-6 nautical miles becuse our single motor 21' bayliner gets 9-10 mautical miles to the gallon at crusing speed. Well i could have told her that a boat with twin 350's and a non planeing hull and fully inboard is NOT going to get much more than 1-2 mautical miles to the gallon at best.

Well i was right and she found that out quick today when it took almost a full 100gal tank to get from Jekyl island to NAS Jax

Got a box delivered in J-ville and had to eat arby's for lunch.

gah i could go on and on. i would fire up the hot tub at 12:30 but i get bored unless i have music and the neightbors wouldnt take kindly to that.

i need a beer :(

I used to have a 30' Sea Ray with twin 305's, at cruising it would use about 12-16 gallons per hour but it had no problems planing.

I'm in another one of my moods where I feel like selling off all of my car audio gear and switching to home audio.

Seems to be a recurring theme for me...happens every 2-3 months.

But I'm afraid to sell off most of my gear, because I got them at prices that I'll probably never be able to find again.  So if I do sell them off, I'm screwing myself if I regret it  :fryingpan:

Come, join the dark side of the force... :ehh:

Resistance is futile.

I'm seriously considering it.

There's a Pioneer VSX-915 on ubid for $219. Not audiophile quality, but has everything I desire and should perform adequately on movies, which is primarily what it'll be used for. And that price is about 50% off of the retail pricing, and comes with 90-day Pioneer warranty.

Plus it has preamp outputs for all 7.1 channels....so adding outboard amps as an upgrade in the future won't be a problem.

I'm in another one of my moods where I feel like selling off all of my car audio gear and switching to home audio.

Seems to be a recurring theme for me...happens every 2-3 months.

But I'm afraid to sell off most of my gear, because I got them at prices that I'll probably never be able to find again.  So if I do sell them off, I'm screwing myself if I regret it  :fryingpan:

Come, join the dark side of the force... :ehh:

Resistance is futile.

I'm seriously considering it.

There's a Pioneer VSX-915 on ubid for $219. Not audiophile quality, but has everything I desire and should perform adequately on movies, which is primarily what it'll be used for. And that price is about 50% off of the retail pricing, and comes with 90-day Pioneer warranty.

Plus it has preamp outputs for all 7.1 channels....so adding outboard amps as an upgrade in the future won't be a problem.

Sounds like it has decent flexibility. There are some really nice multichannel PA's out there...no personal experience with that sort of thing though, it's been a challenge enough getting two channels up and running :wacky:

I don't understand most of what you said there, but hopefully you'll edit it later :)

ok, yesterday was a long day, im all awake now. I think the e-mail i sent them explains it all quite well.

here is a coppy

Hello,

My name is Chris Fryman and about 6 months ago I purchased a Directed 1100D Refurb second hand from an acquaintance. Before I made the purchase I called to confirm that the 90-day warranty was fully transferable. I was assured that it would be so I went ahead and made the purchase. He gave me proof of installation and purchase. The amp was broken and the guy did not want to fool with warranty claims so he sold it to me.

Not long after I contacted Dustin, who was working for you at the time, to get an RMA number to return it, I also called and confirmed that the warranty would be transferable and that my amp would be serviced. I got the RMA number and sent the amp in with proof of professional installation and purchase along with the $29 fee. Proof of purchase from you to him and from him to me. I also sent a letter with the amp stating that I am the new owner of the amp and that I was informed that the warranty was transferable. After conversing with Laura between a few e-mails and a month and a half of not having my amp she gave me two options. $110 refund and a $29 refund for the amp return OR $110 my next purchase from ikesound and a $29 refund for the amp return. I chose the first. Laura then, in turn, sent the full $139 to the ORIGINAL PURCHASER. She then simply told me to fight it out with him.

Well 3-4 Months of fighting and I'm growing weary over getting my money back when it was ikesound who lost me the $139 in the first place. This has led me to give you two options.

1.) You can refund me the full $139 and YOU can fight out getting your refund back from the original buyer.

OR

2.) I WILL contact the Better Business Burro about what has gone on, Paypal about how you handle your refunds and other monies, Ebay about how you basically scammed me out of my money, and possibly your local authorities along with any other authorities on trade that may want to know about this fiasco. I will also leave my story in full detail every place I can on the internet along with the car audio shows that plan to attend. I am also an active member in many online audio forums including CarAudio.com, SoundSolutionsAudio.com, Carstereos.org/Soundillusions.net, and one of the elder members on Automotiveforums.com's Car Audio section. I am also an on the side enclosure builder and I will warn all of my customers if this is not resolved. I also have all of the e-mails archived so I can prove my story.

Thank you for your time, I hope we can get this sorted out. The order number was ***** and the RMA is *****. If you would like to contact me by phone my home phone is (***)-***-6838 and my mobile is (***)-***-1500.

Regards,

Chris Fryman

Ebay and Paypal will be of no help. This was a personal purchase and outside of what you have been told (even by whomever you spoke with at Ike), they really are not liable for anything. Unless you have records, whether it be phone recordings, or some other form of written confirmation of everything you've claimed, you are screwed. Threats will get nowhere, and as far as the BBB is concerned, they are pretty much worthless. They can/will do nothing to help you get anywhere.

Your best bet, to save you time and frustration would be to just chalk it up as a loss. A learning experience like this will teach you to be more cautios in futher dealings. There was a REASON the original purchaser did NOT want to deal with the return process. You should have understood this to be a warning sign.

And you guys quit with the home audio. I don't even want/need to get started thinking about that again.

Empty money pit.

Do you have a room that's really large enough for 7.1 to make a difference?

Trying to pack those extra surrounds in a room that's too small won't gain you much...

And you guys quit with the home audio.  I don't even want/need to get started thinking about that again.

:ohnoes9:

Do you have a room that's really large enough for 7.1 to make a difference?

Trying to pack those extra surrounds in a room that's too small won't gain you much...

No.

But it's nice to have just in case ;):D

I wouldn't use the full 7.1 presently

hey all...

nice to see ya around brad!

anyway, off to log a few complaints...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i guess i'm to ride to somewhere..lol..

no plans yet...point the scoot and see where i end up...

see you folks around later...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I really wish someplace local had the 880, should've bought one last week in CA. :Doh:

i guess i'm to ride to somewhere..lol..

no plans yet...point the scoot and see where i end up...

see you folks around later...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Destination unknown is the best ... :)