mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

You sure do like the :stfu: smilie don't you Tom. :)

yess..... :)

Did that help Aaron?

what do you mean by dry enough to hold "some" water pressure.

a pipe here was kinda of leaking, turned off the water last night, and put some silicon on it

It would be alot better if you would put a pice of harder rubber (old hose off of a car, slit the side and just stick it over it) with silicon on the pipe side, then put a hose clamp around the pipe/rubber patch so the hose clamp is taking the water pressure and not the silicon.

It would be alot better if you would put a pice of harder rubber (old hose off of a car, slit the side and just stick it over it) with silicon on the pipe side, then put a hose clamp around the pipe/rubber patch so the hose clamp is taking the water pressure and not the silicon.

i looked for a hose clamp last night, didn't find any

i'll stop by somewhere today to get one

crack pipe? why is there water in it?

Heck I bet if you just used electrical tape pretty tight since it stretches it would work pretty well too.

:woot: I can get upwards of 13 cubes gross out of a coffee table woofer box, it looks like I might go ported in the house.

Now to only decide on a woofer... :(

Choices are RL-P 18, Dual SSA ICON 15's, and a MAG 15"

13 is on the conservative side, I'm not sure how big of a coffee table I want yet.

I'm also a little curious as to how much I'm going to have to brace it so it dosen't vibrate any. It is going to be all birch and I want it as light as possible, but I'm not sure that is going to be very light.

light, sub box, braced and 13 cubes don't all go together. Everything is great but the word light.

I was kidding on the only 13. Seems like it will be a pretty big coffee table.

13 is on the conservative side, I'm not sure how big of a coffee table I want yet.

I'm also a little curious as to how much I'm going to have to brace it so it dosen't vibrate any. It is going to be all birch and I want it as light as possible, but I'm not sure that is going to be very light.

probably not....

I hate it when I am refreshing and then notice that someone topped.

You're the expert Sean, what would the most effective type of brace be??

I'm kinda leaning toward the picture frame style, or the same thing except with a big oval/circle cut out of the inside, space them about every 4-6", then put struts running horiz coupling them together so the braces themselves don't reasonate.

I'm just guessing here though.

Your the expert Sean, what would the most effective type of brace be??

I'm kinda leaning toward the picture frame style, or the same thing except with a big oval/circle cut out of the inside, space them about every 4-6", then put struts running horiz coupling them together so the braces themselves don't reasonate.

I'm just guessing here though.

http://www.bwspeakers.com/index.cfm/fuseac...67F00D0B7473B37

On this day in 2004, Venus made its First Transit of the millennium. In 1995, Rasmus Lerdorf launched version 1.0 of the PHP scripting language. In 1959, the USS Barbero and U.S. Postal Service attempted mail delivery via Missile Mail. And in 1887, Herman Hollerith received a patent for his punch card calculator. Happy Birthday Julianna Margulies (1966), Milli Vanilli "singer" Rob Pilatus (1965), Duran Duran's Nick Rhodes (1962), Keenen Ivory Wayans (1958), Griffin Dunne and Tim Berners-Lee (1955), Sonia Braga (1950), Boz Scaggs (1944), Nancy Sinatra (1940), Joan Rivers (1933), Jerry Stiller (1929), First Lady Barbara Bush (1925), Frank Lloyd Wright (1867) and First Lady Ida McKinley (1847).

"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

- Albert Einstein

And Sean, thank you for the link but we are under a time crunch and I gave in to the lack of tools and lack of time, but we pushed and pushed and got a very good deal in the end.

Shoulda known you were going to link that... :)

I might just have to try that though.

Well, time to leave work, close enough to quitting time for me. No one has been here for 2+hrs and there isn't crap to do in the shop so I'm going home. :)

On this day in 2004, Venus made its First Transit of the millennium. In 1995, Rasmus Lerdorf launched version 1.0 of the PHP scripting language. In 1959, the USS Barbero and U.S. Postal Service attempted mail delivery via Missile Mail. And in 1887, Herman Hollerith received a patent for his punch card calculator. Happy Birthday Julianna Margulies (1966), Milli Vanilli "singer" Rob Pilatus (1965), Duran Duran's Nick Rhodes (1962), Keenen Ivory Wayans (1958), Griffin Dunne and Tim Berners-Lee (1955), Sonia Braga (1950), Boz Scaggs (1944), Nancy Sinatra (1940), Joan Rivers (1933), Jerry Stiller (1929), First Lady Barbara Bush (1925), Frank Lloyd Wright (1867) and First Lady Ida McKinley (1847).

"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

- Albert Einstein

And Sean, thank you for the link but we are under a time crunch and I gave in to the lack of tools and lack of time, but we pushed and pushed and got a very good deal in the end.

Glad you got a good deal, sorry I missed you last night. I was probably giving the w a little bit of lovin when you called.