mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

WTF is that? looks like rear longitudinal, v-10 or 12 i'm guessing and definitely seeing turbochargers.....

LMFAO you can read lamborghini on the valve covers...reading>me

ugh have to stay at work longer because I woke up late today.... I hate when I do that sh!t

Yikes!

Cabling runs going bad is a pain in the arse, especially when it means LVDT's go non-linear. Hell of a lot easier to fix than the card in the MTS Flex Test server going bad though. :)

ok, WTF, she was supposed to be home 50min ago, i'm going to go to dinner without her if she isn't here soon

I think I might have a little bit of the dreaded 880 noise.

i have a whine lol

but i think i have groud problem issues hopefully

havent bought the wire yet mike

get an order setup i only need 35 feet or so lol

and im waiting on tyerfire to tell me what he has, he might have it up now but i need to go check lol

Yeah, everything is posted up, but Ryan2 is getting the used wire.

Cabling runs going bad is a pain in the arse, especially when it means LVDT's go non-linear. Hell of a lot easier to fix than the card in the MTS Flex Test server going bad though. :)

What?!

thats fine man i checked it out

needed some longer runs of 1/0

also where can i get some of that wire loom/wrap stuff?

I got the red and black stuff from PE, and the SS stuff from Jegs.

Making a linear variable displacement transducer non-linear is amusing. AC-AC type or AC-DC??

that stuff was heat resistant right?

all of a sudden? what did you change.

Tom, Kent, & Ryan can all attest to the noise floor on mine.

Does anyone know where I can get quality RCA's and Speaker wire that look plain. I want it to just be plain and look stock like welding wire

What?!

The cabling run (co-ax) from one side of the shop to the other is f'ed up somehow and a Linear Variable Displacement Transducer (thing to measure change in length for testing purposes) was reading non-linear when it was still good. The Flex Test server is a server style box with a bunch of cards in it for reading all the different signals and interpreting them so you can run tests using the hydraulic actuators. *MTS is a company that makes the testing gear, Flex Test is their line of software setup that we have* Its the controller setup for 150,000lbs of push :)

Making a linear variable displacement transducer non-linear is amusing. AC-AC type or AC-DC??

AC-DC, I cheated and didn't feel like running cables today so I just ran it through a unused set, I am running input through cables marked output, the electrons are going to be pissed at me. :)

all of a sudden? what did you change.

Tom, Kent, & Ryan can all attest to the noise floor on mine.

Noise? what noise?

Does anyone know where I can get quality RCA's and Speaker wire that look plain. I want it to just be plain and look stock like welding wire

Make your own RCA's and wire loom?

that stuff was heat resistant right?

Not the red and black stuff. It's some kind of plastic. As for the SS stuff, it's just hose braid, so I imagine it can handle some heat.

Make your own RCA's and wire loom?

I have some Tiff cable and some Streetwires Zero Point ends I could sell you if you're interested in doing this. Tell me what you need and I'll shoot you a price.

Got some Foster Grants, thick black wrap arounds with polarized silver mirror lens for 19 bucks. Works for me...

Got something from the NRA in the mail too, :lol2:

About the only gun organization I could even remotely think of joining is either GOA or AHSA