mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

The Arizona Senate has given final approval to a bill that would allow people with concealed weapons permits to carry a gun into a business that serves alcohol.

The 19-8 vote completes legislative action on the bill and sends it to Republican Gov. Jan Brewer. She has not said whether she will sign it, but she has long been a supporter of gun rights.

The measure has pitted powerful groups representing gun and bar owners against each other, sparking a debate about whether guns and alcohol can coexist without bloodshed.

watch your ass at Arizona watering holes...

Yeah I read that too. That sounds brilliant.

I don't see a problem with this. Its still illegal to be intoxicated and carry, it doesn't mean someone is going to strap up and then go try to pick a fight in a bar. But now someone who carries can do so going to lunch in a place that serves alcohol and not have to leave the gun in the car/whatever or carry anyway. Is it still illegal to carry in places where liquor sales make up more than 50? percent profit though? Some states it is flat out illegal to carry anywhere that has a license to sell alcohol, doesn't matter the time of day.

I didn't know about it being illegal to be intoxicated and carry. makes sense, I've just not been exposed to it. And you have to realize that not everybody is as good and disciplined with their concealed carry as you.

Definitely not all gun owners are, but the good majority, if not almost all of people who legally carry are. I don't know the numbers off the top of my head but the number of people who have their permit pulled for abusing it is in the fractions of a percent. There is also zero credible research linking law abiding citizens carrying and more crime.

The Arizona Senate has given final approval to a bill that would allow people with concealed weapons permits to carry a gun into a business that serves alcohol.

The 19-8 vote completes legislative action on the bill and sends it to Republican Gov. Jan Brewer. She has not said whether she will sign it, but she has long been a supporter of gun rights.

The measure has pitted powerful groups representing gun and bar owners against each other, sparking a debate about whether guns and alcohol can coexist without bloodshed.

I don't see a problem with this. Its still illegal to be intoxicated and carry, it doesn't mean someone is going to strap up and then go try to pick a fight in a bar. But now someone who carries can do so going to lunch in a place that serves alcohol and not have to leave the gun in the car/whatever or carry anyway. Is it still illegal to carry in places where liquor sales make up more than 50? percent profit though? Some states it is flat out illegal to carry anywhere that has a license to sell alcohol, doesn't matter the time of day.

I didn't know about it being illegal to be intoxicated and carry. makes sense, I've just not been exposed to it. And you have to realize that not everybody is as good and disciplined with their concealed carry as you.

Actually the problem is that most people are fucking idiots. I am not arguing against the carry though as it is a right you should have; however, I think we should also make any pre-meditated crime committed with a gun much harsher penalty wise than it is today. Way harsher. In my opinion you lose your right to be considered a person at that point.

There is also zero credible research linking law abiding citizens carrying and more crime.

Exactly, and the cure is to not worry about them but the others which have nothing to do with possession and all to do with use.

There is also zero credible research linking law abiding citizens carrying and more crime.

Exactly, and the cure is to not worry about them but the others which have nothing to do with possession and all to do with use.

In-fricking-deed.

But, but, but

Guns are scawwwry, and people legally carrying, that pass background checks, etc, they are evvviiiillll......

Guns kill people, people sure don't. Jeez every tree hugging dipshit knows that.

Left-o-stupid-o TOP

actually, statistically, yes they are. People that conceal carry don't commit crimes, that's just the way it is. And virginia is one of those fucked up states. I can carry, but i can't carry in a texas steakhouse, olive garden, etc.

shit, i see i just repeated ryan2

shit, i see i just repeated ryan2

Nothing wrong with repeating a good point. :)

I would love to see this country get some brains and increase the penalties for violent crimes and decrease them for non-violent all at the same time.

I would love to see this country get some brains and increase the penalties for violent crimes and decrease them for non-violent all at the same time.

With the current administration, more likely for them to try their hardest to get an 'Assault Weapons' ban...

Two fixtures I just built at work for a test that we are doing. 3/8" on the sides, 1" on the top and bottom plates.

IMG_6591.jpg

IMG_6592.jpg

IMG_6593.jpg

IMG_6600.jpg

IMG_6605.jpg

Exactly, let's punish those that deserve it and stop worrying about trivial shit like going 71 in a 65

BEEEFY

Its only rated for 60kip, load it is actually going to be used for? 3kip max. :P

inch pounds you wuss

Hows the Behringer treating you?

Hows the Behringer treating you?

It is actually out of the system currently. Going to rebuild the trunk setup and it was in the way... While it was in there I really liked it though, ran a cable up to the front seat so I can control it from my laptop.

inch pounds you wuss

Yea I know... 60kip sounds more impressive than 30 ton though. :P

inch pounds you wuss

Yea I know... 60kip sounds more impressive than 30 ton though. :P

Sounds wimpier to me, but if you would have done it in kmmkg not so :D

I should give units in kmmkg just to confuse the crap out of people....

My blackberry would like me a lot better if I didn't work in a metal shop...

The whole metal shaving/dust and magnetic rollers on a trackball just don't seem to go together.

The whole metal shaving/dust and magnetic rollers on a trackball just don't seem to go together.

The ball pops out real easy though for a cleaning.