mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

was up

Not much, just trying to design a removable rear engine mount for my senior design project.

:woot: LB's got one hell of an SQ setup

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diy-mobile-audio-sq-forum/68721-ultra-lv-10-sq-build-3.html#post889173

Huston, allined, agine

Fucking classic.

Types phonetically? And who actually thought that sub woofer was going to survive? Might want to talk to mvm on EMSQ. ;)

When you rig a raffle so that someone who will give you glowing praise no matter what wins, you still can't fix stupidity.

:tehe:fing05.gif

LMAO @ //m5's rant. Just went I got done laughing at one I scrolled down and started laughing even harder.

I don't mean to be critical, but that one picture, wow that is a rinky coil. Yes, I know every driver has a different purpose and design yadda yadda, but umm how about dialing in some DAF? :ugh2:

Gonna be a long day at work because almost nobody will be there, and I'll just be watching the clock until I get to start my 3 hour drive to my hometown.

Amusingly another lesson for Ant. When you rig a raffle so that someone who will give you glowing praise no matter what wins, you still can't fix stupidity.

Someone PM'd me a question about this since he had a give away here, hopefully it is okay that I state this to clarify. This was the raffle for the Ultra sub which was IMO was rigged without stating so. The giveaway here was rigged, but in the open. That I respect, the sub thing not so much.

Just left a voicemail for engineering at Eminence. Funny for me to make that call.

I need a high efficiency tweeter than can play from 20kHz up to as high as possible. 40kHz minimum. And yes, I will never ever listen to the tweeter just using it to excite structures for doing damping testing and defect analysis.

What kind of structure would have a resonance at that high a frequency?

Small ones.

We regularly work on nano-tubes which have interesting modes well into the >20MHz range. Obviously the structures we will excite acoustically are larger than those :)

LMAO @ //m5's rant. Just went I got done laughing at one I scrolled down and started laughing even harder.

I don't mean to be critical, but that one picture, wow that is a rinky coil. Yes, I know every driver has a different purpose and design yadda yadda, but umm how about dialing in some DAF? :ugh2:

And a major dipshit breaking it. :)

Gah, when I work out my metabolism ramps up like crazy

I would LOVE to have that ability!!!!

J

If this attitude continues his vacation will be WAY longer than a day

And will require a nicely written note to come back. That sort of blatant disrespect is not acceptable.

If it is a big outburst it'll be at least a month.

Men who consistently failed to express their resentment over conflicts with a fellow worker or supervisor were more than twice as likely to have a heart attack or die of heart disease as those who vented their anger, claims a report in the Nov. 24 online edition of the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health.

Just left a voicemail for engineering at Eminence. Funny for me to make that call.

I need a high efficiency tweeter than can play from 20kHz up to as high as possible. 40kHz minimum. And yes, I will never ever listen to the tweeter just using it to excite structures for doing damping testing and defect analysis.

Small ones.

We regularly work on nano-tubes which have interesting modes well into the >20MHz range. Obviously the structures we will excite acoustically are larger than those :)

What kind of work do you do again? I am in an into to nanoscience class right now. I see the word nano and get excited.

super hangover top. I hate it when friends come to town, then get me drinking whiskey.

Okay on the receiver Todd, as soon as I get some speakers for my office I'll have wished I kept it. If you bought it I was going to push to have M2 sell me his integra

Sorry bud. I was super excited that you had a TV but it's all good. If I was in the market for a nice reciever, I'd buy it up. I have a decent one now, but nice speakers to match :(

Small ones.

What kind of work do you do again? I am in an into to nanoscience class right now. I see the word nano and get excited.

We do measurements of structural dynamics in structures. From things as large as the space station to NEMS devices.

If you want more details, send me a pm

Okay on the receiver Todd, as soon as I get some speakers for my office I'll have wished I kept it. If you bought it I was going to push to have M2 sell me his integra

What kind of $$$ are you looking to get out of it?

What kind of $$$ are you looking to get out of it?

Current plans are to use it for an office stereo, but I'd rather have the Integra since I can automate it. Not sure what its worth. How about something fair, but less than what you would pay for it from someone else?

Small ones.

I knew it had to be something small, but the word structure brought something of significant size and mass to mind. I was trying to imagine a large object that would be affected by resonance that high. The only thing I could come up with was a large super-thin sheet of glass or crystal.

Large composite structures can have really high resonances.

Also it depends on how many modes you are interested in. I did a measurement on a 3' piece of 4" PVC and the 37th mode was already at 9kHz. Obviously going to a smaller diameter or to a shorter length will raise those frequencies. The first bending mode IIRC was at 415Hz of that tube.