Sign in to follow this  
mikett

box and port 2AA chaos 10's

In anyone's professional opinion, what port area would you recommend for 2 AAchaos 10's in a 5 cuft box running off 1 saz3000 at half ohm(or do you think this is too much for the amplifier?)? to be tuned to 33hz for street bass use. 5cuft is what i have available any recommendations?

that seems pretty big, but i guess if you have enough port area, after all displacement you would end up with much less airspace. for my eventual pair of 10's i'll be starting with around 3.5 gross

brian, i also have 2 sae1000 and a saz1500 would either of these be better to use in terms of power and is the saz1500 stable to .5 ohm with the proper electrical mods?

got it. thanks brian. i may now have to look at other options as i also have a chaos 12" at my disposal. would this along with the saz1500 be the better option, if so, what size box,port etc should i go for maximum street bass performance. (I had the big 3 upgrade done yesterday, using a stock 80amp alt however, and a kinetic 1800 installed and 1 run of 0 gauge ixos cabe so far) any views?

try running the saz at 2ohm so you can still give them 1500w like the saz1500 but it will run very efficiently. and try a smaller box. thats larger than the box i just built for 2 12in type r's the box also had 72sqin of port area and was tuned to 35hz and still had more airspace then suggested. with the amp you have and 5 cu you should be running 4 at 1ohm.

so pretty much, the 3000D's wont run at a 0.5ohm load?, n/m i read it:/

Edited by RobClay

so in terms of the chaos 10's, basically factory recommended specs are the best bet........then what edge do we have over other persons with 2 10's. In Trinidad, where i'm from, we have a of of street car soundoffs, people use rockfords, dc audio, digital designs,re etc just to name a few. I wanted to be different, in terms of brandname, AA is fairly new and we don't have access to ssa's or fi's as yet. So my choice of 10's is somewhat limited. What can be done to maximise the output of these subs to sound impressive in the 'gallery' or 'bang out' sense of the word?

if your using them strickly for comps you wont be going by recommened box sizes you want to tune the box a couple hz under the vehicles frequency and build the box a little on the small side to increase power handling diffrent box alignments will help as well. box will not be able to play muxic though.

I would do 60-70in^2 of port. IMO

what net enclosure size would you also recommend for that size of port?

Sign in to follow this