Thorshammer

One loud Trunk

New high for music out of the GP 148.3 30 sec avg pr of 10's!

:clap: 150+ playin music comin to a lane near you! I workn on becoming the only Trunk vehicle in the states runnin n the 149.9 class with a tiny pr. of 10's! :drink40:

What kinda info you lookin for.

Car 06 Grand Prix

Subs AQ HD310's

Amp Atomic 5k

Components PG Xenon 6.5's and MOMO 6x9's

Component amp PG Xenon 200.4

Best burp to date 149.4 sealed on the dash legal.

30 sec avg playin music 148.3 Playin Lil Jon Push That Nigga

I see that your from NY. I'm in Auburn NY and a proud member and Judge for TeamNorthEastSPL.

nice amp, lol

great setup! yeah, i'm from NY, hopefully i'll make it out to some shows up towards you next season. Have a lot of work to get done in the car by then. I wish i had more room to work with in my trunk

hey what knda subs are those?? What frequency you hittin with those woofers... thats a sick number from pair tens on music LOL

hey what knda subs are those?? What frequency you hittin with those woofers... thats a sick number from pair tens on music LOL

Audioque

:clap: 150+ playin music comin to a lane near you! I workn on becoming the only Trunk vehicle in the states runnin n the 149.9 class with a tiny pr. of 10's! :drink40:

With how much power?

Edit: nm

Edited by banginAltima

Whats the electrical like?

are the audioQ???

Definately AudioQue HD310's. First model AQ came out with.

With how much power?

If I can get the box right I'll stay with 5k. If not I plan on running 2 Atomic's strapped at .5ohm.

Edit: nm

Whats the electrical like?

Yellow Top under hood, Kinetik 2400 in trunk, 2 runs 0, 220amp alt. Most of the time my amp sees 15.0-15.2volts and rarely drops below 13.

I'd be able to do better no.s with less power if I used bigger subs. It aint easy getting a pr. of 10's to play music in excess of 148 db much less out of a trunk. But that is half the fun!

For shucks and giggles I put the meter ( TL of course) 6 inches inside port centered and did a 164.5! LOL Next time I get near a meter I'm gonna put it all the way back in the port 29.5 inches long and see if it's louder than 170. No wonder people post thier port no.s. LMAO

I like that MONSTER PORT! whats the specs on the enclosure?

I like that MONSTER PORT! whats the specs on the enclosure?

I don't remember what the enclosure dimensions are. I do remember the port though 13.5h x 10 w x 29.5L and the common chamber is round 2cubes.

VERY impressive!!! What freq do you peak at?

Before I sealed the trunk I peaked at 47. The box was tuned to the vehicle( Test pull out shave port wall put back together test etc..) I peaked at 43-45 since sealing it. I'm gonna build a similar box next yr but fine tune it better. This box had no 45's rounded nothings(except port wall and face) its a very basic box with wayy too much port! LOL :drink40:

I'm up in Rome, about 2 hrs from you down there in Auburn.

I'm having problems with my electrical in my Tahoe, it's dropping below 10V, even when I'm not even pushing my tunes. Have a 4 mo old 825CCA battery with a 120 minute reserve, the largest "stock" battery I can fit in my Tahoe. Don't know if my alternator is the original (vintage '96), but I believe it's only a 105 amp unit.

I've had the system checked at Advance Auto and Autozone, both tell me my alternator is fine, I'm running approximately 14 volts at 2000rpm. Only problem, 2000 rpm out on the highway means I'm doing about 78mph - fine on the Thruway, not so good for the local 55mph limits, nor around town. No idea how many amps or volts is charging at at idle, or at 1200-1500rpm....

1/0 ground and charging wire from the alternator to start? I think the factory is 6ga, 4ga maximum. I'm running 4ga to my distribution block, and 4ga for my grounds - only running 800watts rms, I'd think the 4ga should be sufficient.

After that, my next step would be which? a higher output alternator, or a second battery in parallel? I doubt I'd have to use a dual battery isolator, I'd just get a matching battery to the one I recently replaced. Unless, an Optima would be that much better for my application.....

Maybe I'll get a chance sometime soon and chat with ya myself, or run down to Auburn to check out the GP!

I'm having problems with my electrical in my Tahoe, it's dropping below 10V, even when I'm not even pushing my tunes. Have a 4 mo old 825CCA battery with a 120 minute reserve, the largest "stock" battery I can fit in my Tahoe. Don't know if my alternator is the original (vintage '96), but I believe it's only a 105 amp unit.

I've had the system checked at Advance Auto and Autozone, both tell me my alternator is fine, I'm running approximately 14 volts at 2000rpm. Only problem, 2000 rpm out on the highway means I'm doing about 78mph - fine on the Thruway, not so good for the local 55mph limits, nor around town. No idea how many amps or volts is charging at at idle, or at 1200-1500rpm....

1/0 ground and charging wire from the alternator to start? I think the factory is 6ga, 4ga maximum. I'm running 4ga to my distribution block, and 4ga for my grounds - only running 800watts rms, I'd think the 4ga should be sufficient.

After that, my next step would be which? a higher output alternator, or a second battery in parallel? I doubt I'd have to use a dual battery isolator, I'd just get a matching battery to the one I recently replaced. Unless, an Optima would be that much better for my application.....

Maybe I'll get a chance sometime soon and chat with ya myself, or run down to Auburn to check out the GP!

My honest opinion is if your having voltage drop issues on 800rms and your alts fine have batt checked and or return it. I have run the Atomic 5k on stock alt 125amp with minimal issues. I did have and still do have 2 batts. 1 yellow top and 1 kinetik 2400. I'm actually looking into powermaster batts right now to upgrade for next yr. If your looking for an alt go to HOAlt.com and check them out. It's american power systems. They built my alt 220amp shipped for 325, and no other company wanted to build one for the gp or were retarded qoutes in excess of 600+

My honest opinion is if your having voltage drop issues on 800rms and your alts fine have batt checked and or return it. I have run the Atomic 5k on stock alt 125amp with minimal issues. I did have and still do have 2 batts. 1 yellow top and 1 kinetik 2400. I'm actually looking into powermaster batts right now to upgrade for next yr. If your looking for an alt go to HOAlt.com and check them out. It's american power systems. They built my alt 220amp shipped for 325, and no other company wanted to build one for the gp or were retarded qoutes in excess of 600+

You should try running the SAZ3K on an 80 amp alt.... LOL NOT GOOD. I have my gains set at half right now till i get some more money for the alt.