RamenNoodles

New AA SMD Woofer

sexi woofer deff would be intrested in trying a few of these myself....

double the amount of slugs and you have my dream woofer

SMD-Edition.jpg

:P

Edit: yes i know its a crappy photo-chop but oh well

SMD-Edition.jpg

^before

You know 4 slugs would most likely be useless, it sure does look sexy though!

SMD-Edition.jpg

SMD-Edition.jpg

^before

When the new BTL came out Scott mentioned that more that one slug wouldn't improve performance. I wonder how stepping up to a 4" coil changes this. Is this new driver going to use 10" spiders? Regardless this is on bad MOFO! :P You know what sure does look sexy? Duran's avatar. Daaang!

Edited by onebadmonte

SMD-Edition.jpg

SMD-Edition.jpg

^before

When the new BTL came out Scott mentioned that more that one slug wouldn't improve performance. I wonder how stepping up to a 4" coil changes this. Is this new driver going to use 10" spiders? Regardless this is on bad MOFO! :P You know what sure does look sexy? Duran's avatar. Daaang!

HAHA, thanks man. When you start triple and quadruple stacking magnets you are just wasting ferrite. It looks cool to invert mount though!

haha thanks but not allways true! if you can convert that motor power directly into the coil etc... then no its not a waste but as im sure its very hard to do properly not to mention expensive or everyone would have them huge lol but either our we looking at under a grand for the SMD woofer?

haha thanks but not allways true! if you can convert that motor power directly into the coil etc... then no its not a waste but as im sure its very hard to do properly not to mention expensive or everyone would have them huge lol but either our we looking at under a grand for the SMD woofer?

I would hope so! :lol:

i cannot wait to see his build

Does anyone know what he is going to put these in? Please say the Tahoe...

id imagine they'd have a very high bl which would mean theyd work good in a smaller box... meaning the yd in theory work very well in his Tahoe with nothing but a direct mount change

yes the tahoe, and a new box :)

COOM! :wackit3:

lmao^

Is he gonna do 18's or 15's? What amps?

i hope he stays with the 18's beacuse anything else doesnt seem like steve to me

That is so true.

lmao^

Is he gonna do 18's or 15's? What amps?

He's doin 18's i beleive

dang i wish he would post it.. has he started.. and i hope he stays with rockford amps imean he has a damn rockford tatoo

nah he hasnt started, he hasnt even got his subs yet, but im sure he'l stay with rockford, maybe a couple t4000db's? or a t15k? ;)

nah he hasnt started, he hasnt even got his subs yet, but im sure he'l stay with rockford, maybe a couple t4000db's? or a t15k? ;)

Sundown FTMFW!

he could go another route to save on room a pair of cactus 12 kds... there very small for the amount of power the put out 13.5 kws at 14 volts.... 33" x 12 " x 3" just a thought

i thought those amps were only for burps?

nope daily amps as well ... as christoph told me ... just have to have the the power to back them up like any amplifier there efficiency is ridiculously high as well...

but i have a feeling at most hes just going to build a new box unless RF has something new on the way or he mounts the 15kw on his roof lmao

Edited by Unknownuser200