RamenNoodles

New AA SMD Woofer

Straight from his website...

"i was supposed to have my proto-pics today.......and im sure i will - i wanted to wait till i had them before i finally said something. Ill give you what i have though.....

i will not be running Fi anymore. I am switching to AA - but it goes a little deeper then that. It will be AA's biggest, baddest sub - and it will be the SMD edition. I am waiting for the specs to be done on it so there is some T/S (i think im supposed to get some) but i can tell you it has a 4" coil, power handling will be rated at 3500rms, not the standard basket (like my RE's and Fi's) but a different one. It should (of course) have tinsels IN the spiders (to avoid past issues), and be one hell of a beast.

My own proto's should be in the Tahoe SOON and ill be making videos the DAY they show up.

Availability, mid to the end of January. Hopefully sooner but that is how its looking at the moment.

pics will be posted as soon as i get em!

(here is what the dustcap is supposed to have on it, except the SMD part will be blue)"

"not sure on pricing, its gonna be a little more then a BTL, but this sub is also a little more then a BTL (and weighs substantially more too).

OK here is the pics, subject to a few tweeks between now and the day they ship.......the ACTUAL motor will be taller then this. Same width as the current new BTL motor (11 1/4") but double stacked with taller slugs and a rubber boot. "

AASMD18AngleSmall.jpg

AASMD18DetailSmall.jpg

AASMD18SideSmall.jpg

AASMD18FrontSmall.jpg

Looks to be a pretty nasty subwoofer. I believe this is the same basket that the LMS Ultra used as well but im not positive.

OG post is http://www.*****.com/board/ind...showtopic=31127

I JUST saw that on his myspace. Hopefully he'll do some before and after TL numbers.

To me that basket looks like the LMS Ultra too. That ought to be one mean woofer. If it can handle the abuse and power levels htat he subjects them too, then it will an awsome package.

woah thats a nice sub. and it says hes building a new box? :o this is pretty big im ready to see :D

kind of disapointed its a aa not an fi. someone around me needs to start carrying aa.

What does it matter. Fi doesnt have dealers either. AA and Fi are both owned by Scott and both run by him.

Where do you live at? I know of a dealer in the mid east coast. And Steve himself will be selling them so you will be able to contact him for purchasing as well.

if you can order one directly from them thats cool. i thought aa was strictly a dealer purchased sub and fi there online company with slightly diffrent products.

Yes they are technically different companies but owned and operated by the same guys. Fi is more towards customization of speakers and AA is geared more towards dealers who cant customize woofers.

And you can order directly from AA as well.

well scott redesigned aa's subs. from what alot of people say they are very good, ill be getting a pair of 18" havocs close to christmas ;)

Edited by RobClay

i liked seeing fi in his truck call me a hater but i like under dogs.

I just finished reading all 15 pages of meades post, interested with some numbers etc. PPL are going crazy over there for him, meade ripps.

I met Scott for the first time today. . .Visited Fi/AA and also got to see this new sub first hand. All I can say is awesome and can't wait to get 6 of them for the van!!!!!

Brian

Today at work, I believe the most amazing thing of my life happened. We might start carrying AA, John asked me if I knew anything about Ascendant Audio, and I almost fainted! I told him Fi and AA are owned by the same person, and he knows how badass Fi is from me. I really hopes he goes through with it. :)

Some more for you.

SMD-Edition.jpg

• * 15" and 18" Dual 1 & 2 Ohm models.
  • * Double stack FEA optimized motor
  • * 4" 4 layer Flat wire aluminum coil
  • * Triple layer reinforced collar
  • * Four progressive spiders
  • * Ultra rigid reinforced cone body
  • * Hybrid foam surround
  • * FHC Motor technology (8 Axial channels)
  • * Triple Woven tinsel leads
  • * Rubber magnet boot
  • * Cast Alluminum basket
  • * Wrap round rubber gasket
  • * Silver 8AWG Push terminals
  • * 3500W RMS

damn i guess this will be a BIG THING for AA as so many people want whatever the guy has in his tahoe because of his vids lol.

which costs more......a loaded BTL, a Mayhem or one of these special editions?

BTL/Mayhem should be similaly priced in the US. The SMD sub, that'll be fair bit more.

Yes they are technically different companies but owned and operated by the same guys. Fi is more towards customization of speakers and AA is geared more towards dealers who cant customize woofers.

And you can order directly from AA as well.

you cant order AA directly, its a dealer based sub you need to go through a dealer to order AA subs... Fi you can call and order directly from them... :)

Aloha

Edited by yama168

For bigger orders I do believe you can actually, granted it is the right size. And I meant you can order them through the dealers that carry AA. I didnt mean call them up and order 1 or 2 subs.

Edited by RamenNoodles

Some more for you.

SMD-Edition.jpg

• * 15" and 18" Dual 1 & 2 Ohm models.
  • * Double stack FEA optimized motor
  • * 4" 4 layer Flat wire aluminum coil
  • * Triple layer reinforced collar
  • * Four progressive spiders
  • * Ultra rigid reinforced cone body
  • * Hybrid foam surround
  • * FHC Motor technology (8 Axial channels)
  • * Triple Woven tinsel leads
  • * Rubber magnet boot
  • * Cast Alluminum basket
  • * Wrap round rubber gasket
  • * Silver 8AWG Push terminals
  • * 3500W RMS

the audiopulse lms basket, and now a similar pulse beat line?