RamenNoodles

New AA SMD Woofer

fi bought over aa and audiopulse ;) that explains it

Meades is alos looking to rename his forums to another name, but with the same SMD. Hes also lookn to start a lil SMD team. if anyones interstd ha

fi bought over aa and audiopulse ;) that explains it

so audiopulse bought tc sounds, and now fi bought audiopulse...hah

Edited by fritosaregood

No, AA/Fi didn't buy TC Sounds or Audiopulse. TC Sounds, well there adminstrators did!... had a big auction off and AA purchased the tooling for the baskets.

all the youtubers on meade's nuts are gonna want to buy these!

No, we have nothing to do with TC or Audiopulse. My understanding is that TC and Audiopulse are both owned by the same people and that TC doesnt operate in the same capacity it used to. I had purchased the patent and rights to the 6 spoke versions of that basket at auction a few months back and will be using it solely for AA and one other OEM company we build for. We are currently tooling a 6 spoke version of a 10" and 12" as well to fall under our patent. The previous 10" and 12" are under a separate patent for 4 spokes. We had no interest in purchasing that one as we feel that the 6 spoke is far stronger for the larger applications that we will use it for.

In regards to the new SMD Series sub for AA there are a couple of changes being made for production. The main two are the suspension integration and the magnets. While the OD will be the same size, they are actually 6mm taller per magnet (gaining almost 1/2" more height for the pair). Also, the magnet boot has been tooled for this double stack vs the current shorter stack.

The design itself is a natural progression of what we have learned with the BTL and Mayhems. While it does not vastly improve on overall excursion, we have seen that to be far less a concern than increased thermal ability and mechanical power handling. Overall just a tougher package.

Now back to SEMA and dealers :)

Thanks,

Scott

Great looking sub. Would this sub drop into a box built for a BTL? Will a 12" be available when this sub is introduced?

I met Scott for the first time today. . .Visited Fi/AA and also got to see this new sub first hand. All I can say is awesome and can't wait to get 6 of them for the van!!!!!

Brian

:drink40: damn you got to see them before ME! Im planning on flying to Vegas in 2 weeks (after Sema fully dies down) so Scott and I can have a meeting - and then ill finally see my baby! 6 of them in your van? Now THATS what im talkin about! Tell me bro, how happy am i gonna be when i see this beast? :D

Today at work, I believe the most amazing thing of my life happened. We might start carrying AA, John asked me if I knew anything about Ascendant Audio, and I almost fainted! I told him Fi and AA are owned by the same person, and he knows how badass Fi is from me. I really hopes he goes through with it. :)

i hope he goes through with it too! Tell your boss if he does pick up AA, ill send you guys out a few pieces of SMD swag! Have him go to www.livneked.net and hit the SMD tab to see if he is interested in anything. I got something for you too while im at it! It costs me money since i dont directly sell anymore, my boy does and kicks me a little - but it will be worth it to get another AA dealer on board!

oh i dont work for AA, so this would be just a little token of my appreciation!

oh and thanks for the POSITIVE comments.....its nice to hear after reading some downright nasty comments on CA.com :D

scott, i know ive told you on the phone thanks many times, but i havent done it publicly yet.

THANKS SO MUCH for making this happen! Im having the time of my life right now, STOKED would be an understatement!

:drink40: damn you got to see them before ME! Im planning on flying to Vegas in 2 weeks (after Sema fully dies down) so Scott and I can have a meeting - and then ill finally see my baby! 6 of them in your van? Now THATS what im talkin about! Tell me bro, how happy am i gonna be when i see this beast? :D

You going to love them. I could not believe it. . .stupid thing is HEAVY!!!!

If I had room, I would have to reverse mount them. . .

oh and thanks for the POSITIVE comments.....its nice to hear after reading some downright nasty comments on CA.com :D

scott, i know ive told you on the phone thanks many times, but i havent done it publicly yet.

THANKS SO MUCH for making this happen! Im having the time of my life right now, STOKED would be an understatement!

who the hell would talk chit to you??

love the work you're doin on the Caddy and i can't wait to see what you're going to do with these new beasts!!

i cant wait to hear/see these puppies

I can't wait to see the final product and specs :fing34:

who the hell would talk chit to you??

love the work you're doin on the Caddy and i can't wait to see what you're going to do with these new beasts!!

Not worth mentioning. Drama like your high school girl friend. <-----Not you personally, just a general statement :D

they look real good. Something about those single slug btl's looked weird but the SMD dual slug look alot better.

This sub looks absolutely bad@ss! Can we expect similar box requirements as the Mayhem? Also, any ballpark estimates on mounting depth?

I could not believe it. . .stupid thing is HEAVY!!!!

Just what my back loves to hear!

bad ass sub! I'm loving my Havocs and have been trying to push them on my local dealer/shop but he's pretty stubborn with his current inventory although he's personally told me he would put them in his own car. :)

It's about time to buy some more Havocs for my upgrade, maybe just sell them off and step it up..hmm

they look real good. Something about those single slug btl's looked weird but the SMD dual slug look alot better.

I thought the same at first ,but they've grown on me with time.

I guess we'll have to wait and see huh

sexi woofer deff would be intrested in trying a few of these myself....

double the amount of slugs and you have my dream woofer

SMD-Edition.jpg

:P

Edit: yes i know its a crappy photo-chop but oh well

SMD-Edition.jpg

^before

Edited by Unknownuser200

Having a 15'' motor like that would be crazy to me :lol: