Sign in to follow this  
ric

possible subs in mind...

hope to get some inputs for the sub. it could be a single 12", dual 12", dual 10" or a single 15". car to be designed on is a 96 accord. target is to be able to play loud but accurate. meaning it can play rap, techno/trans, soft/ballads, rock etc., still with good readings from termlab... possiblly dbdrag style yet as accurate sounding as possible.

requirements:

1. box is no bigger that 3.5 cubes - so that spare tire would be accessible

2. box design can only be a wedge 2 enclosure type box - to maximize all space and still get the spare tire

3. sub would be placed facing the cabin, possibly on the back seat position for a single sub, but towards the trunk for a dual sub or all towards the trunk. depends on your design.

4. ports can only be round ports

5. round ports are place on top of the rear dash extended to the box. - ports cant be place beside the sub for the purpose that atleast 2 people can still sit on the back, one on each side of the sub ("assuming sub is placed towards the cabin").

6. power would be flexible for the amp is not yet bought. could be 1500-2000 watts in 1 ohm

box would appear as if rear dash is the top of the box and the back seat be the front face or rear of the box.

based on research from net, possibilities so far would be

1. Digital design 3512 - 1pc

2. Fi Q 12" - 1pc

3. AA Havoc 15" 1pc

other subs you can recommend would trully be appreciated that could fit the desciption/design of the box.

what do you guys have in mind?

thank you so much.

I say go with the Q. Much has been said about its oustanding quality :lol:

IA 15'' FL......

IA? sorry but im not aware of it?

Edited by zitric

oooppsss! my bad its Incriminator Audio... did a search. thanks man, ill check on that...

any other inputs?

BTW, is my plan possible and workable? would there be any probs im may run into?

3.5 is perfect for a 15, 2 10's will fit nicely, 2 12's will b a little small but very doable. I personally like just 1 15, but i havnt heard 2 q's or anything like that.

3.5 is perfect for a 15, 2 10's will fit nicely, 2 12's will b a little small but very doable. I personally like just 1 15, but i havnt heard 2 q's or anything like that.

so your vote is 1 Fi Q 15" for you?

umm, im leaning more towards the bl line up, hit harder, and in the right box sound awesome.

is that 3.5 cubes before or after port and sub displacement? If it's before, a 15 is out the window.

umm, im leaning more towards the bl line up, hit harder, and in the right box sound awesome.

That's more important than the sub itself.

i vote aa havoc 15 ;)

Not enough space, not even close.

because you have had experience and know so much about the Fi Q...

Jason, last time. READ WHAT I SAY. I have HEARD alot of good things about it.

Your not demin....

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=22650

My build for the 15" BTL needed me to take out the tire and replace it with a support bridge I made out of left over MDF. But thats because that thing eats up so much space. You should have the clearance as long as you can shove your box all the way in the back of the trunk.

I'm pretty sure you can fit yours.

Edited by denim

hmmm, choises rigth now are diff. and so far, its bet. the Q and the Havoc, DD is out... hmmm... but to pear_b its the BL...

BTW. 3.5 is the gross... if its the BL, whats the size of box? remember guys, i need it to be in a wedge enclosure and it has to use round ports ok...

hmmm, choices rigth now are diff. and so far its between the Q and the Havoc, DD is out... hmmm... but to pear_b its the BL...

BTW. 3.5 is the gross... if its the BL, whats the size of box? remember guys, i need it to be in a wedge enclosure and it has to use round ports...

Personally, I would get the Q, build the box nice and solid and give it a quality 1000 watt amplifier. :)

Your not demin....

My build for the 15" BTL needed me to take out the tire and replace it with a support bridge I made out of left over MDF. But thats because that thing eats up so much space. You should have the clearance as long as you can shove your box all the way in the back of the trunk.

I'm pretty sure you can fit yours.

dude, your box is so BIG... though youve got a beautiful sub there...

here's a pic of my ride...

DSC01467-1-1-1.jpg

DSC01465-2.jpg

and heres my trunk with my old school but good sounding JL W6 15". its the v1

DSC_0023.jpg

box is a 2.1cubes

I first thought your car was black with those fancy photo shop details you did. Your cars paint is so fresh and clean... I need a new paint job. Where my hood is there is chip marks... And its a Black with GOLD speckles...WTF

But all you really gotta do is make sure the box doesn't go past the divit line that covers the spare. The part that folds and lets you open the cover to get to the spare. You know what part I'm talking about. Just make your box from the divit line back. If that's 2.1 cubes you could definitely squeeze a cube and a half in there.

haha, thanks dude, you can actually consider my car black during the night... its a tri color paint job, its black during night, somewhat maroon during the day but with a focused light on it, it becomes red... hehehe!

ive tried to compute it and max really is 3.5cubes... beyond that, i would;nt be able to pull the spare tire anymore but for 3.5 cubes or less it would still be perfect. just really need the right sub that was created for the box size of 3.5 or less.

any body wants to update this?

so far options are 1 Fi Q 12" ported and AA Havoc 15" possibly on a seald enclosure to fit nicely on the space req.

Why not Q 15" sealed?

DD has insanely nice drivers IMO.