Smanleyman

Beefy 10"

Ok I've been looking around a lot and the beefiest 10" I can find is the dc level four xl, with 1500rms that is probably underrated... I dont know prices but are there other 10" above 1000rms that dont break the bank? I really wish fi made a 10" btl but that magnet is HUGE... Im considering a single 10" for primarily spl purposes but the better it sounds the happier I am :neil: ... so any suggestions?

what do you think could potentially be the loudest 10" in virtually equal setups and handle maybe 1500 daily or a 2000ish burp?

Does anyone know how much DC level 4 XL's or dd 9500's are going for in the 10"?

You could search around and try to find an old style BTL in a 10".

thor I was thinking of two aqhd310s with an aq2200d for my next setup, but then I thought how BA it would be to only have one ten that could handle the 2200d at 1ohm, and plus it would take up much less space...

The mayhem doesnt have a 10" :(

Those revos look nice how do they compare to dd 95 series? sensitivity looks low but xmax is up there I dont know how these parameters affect output as well as other people do...

Google didnt help me at all with the shocker sig...?

Its sad because honestly, Kicker solo x has a 10 that looks like it can handle tons of power... and I HATE kicker...

Thanks for ideas so far guys keep them coming please

I know that this isnt the site to promote aq but the HDC series is really really close to the DD 9500series. It can handle 2200 by itself no prob.

Its sad because honestly, Kicker solo x has a 10 that looks like it can handle tons of power... and I HATE kicker...

Thanks for ideas so far guys keep them coming please

LOVED my solo X 10's I dumped 5 k on one daily for a while (2-zx2500's).. Never had any problems with it (or them.. I had 4 at one time)

Bummed that I sold the 10's to get the 18's...

*This forum generally hates kicker... :)

thor - better(louder/more handling) than an fi BL with options?

Edited by fiq15pwnsnoobs

thor - better(louder/more handling) than an fi BL with options?

I've never been able to play with fi but i wanna say louder with more power handling. Again it all comes down to the install.

I have a 10'' Fi BL and I love it. It takes 1000w no problem, I know it can take a lot more. I'm also selling a pair of d2 10'' Icons if you're interested.

yea the 99z 10 is amaaaaaazing, but how many thousands does it cost...? lol

Its tempting to hunt down an old btl because I really love my Q and havent heard any other companies that are actually good, so the comfort level is there, but I trust reviews in these forums enough to know how good other companies are... just dont get to hear them... :(

I guess to make what im looking for a little easier, Im hoping to have a single 10" as loud as or at least as close as possible as my 15" q in 4^3, using half the space or less, and I know most 10's can shine in under 2^3... Im thinking the old btl10 off an AQ2200d may do the trick.. if I can find one???

Do you realize that the power handling of the sub has absolutely nothing remotely to do with output, right?

I mean not even a tiny, tiny bit.....

of course... but 2000 watts is potentially louder than 500 watts, and if a sub cant handle 2000 watts and another one can, well im going to go with the one that takes more power, as long as its sensitivity isnt like... 75

btw scratch the btl idea i forgot it was a burp only design...