Smallk07

Dual 1 or 2

what kind of amp are you using?

and you have these options of wiring, with one D1 sub

0.5ohm load

or a

2 ohm load

Rockford P1000 1bd (1382 rms at 1 ohm)

Shoot them an email quick and tell them you want a D2, which can be wired to 1 or 4 ohms.

ok, so with a d1 sub you wont get that full 1382 at 1ohm if thats what you were wanting, however if you did want to run the full 1382watts id email scott or nick at fi to change it to a D2

what are their emails and plus i already have a tracking number with ups i got it today so im guessin it is too late

you got the sub, or the tracking number today?

nick@ficaraudio.com

maybe they can get it sent back, just try to email them.

tell them your name and everything.

They send the tracking number as soon as the order is placed. Does it still say "BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED"? If so, it has not shipped. email nick.

Brian

around 300 watts

Actually it has to be at least half of what the 1 ohm RMS is, which he said was 1380 something. So at 2 ohms the amp will put out at least 700 watts.

It will probably sound better, last longer, be easier on your amp and smell better at 2 ohms anyway....

around 300 watts

Actually it has to be at least half of what the 1 ohm RMS is, which he said was 1380 something. So at 2 ohms the amp will put out at least 700 watts.

300 @ 4ohms. is what i was referring to

Also, don't forget that pretty much all car audio amps don't have the power supply to double wattage any time they half impedance... So a 1200 watt amp at 1 ohm is usually a 7-800 watt amp at 2 ohms and a 4-500 watt amp at 4 ohms.....

In other words, power loss as you raise impedance isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be...

ive lost my mind lately lol ok yes your right. i went from knowing he was talking about a d1 and then somehow later thinking it was a d2 sorry for that

Also, don't forget that pretty much all car audio amps don't have the power supply to double wattage any time they half impedance... So a 1200 watt amp at 1 ohm is usually a 7-800 watt amp at 2 ohms and a 4-500 watt amp at 4 ohms.....

In other words, power loss as you raise impedance isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be...

Yep. That's why I said at least 700. At least in unregulated power supplies, right? I thought regulated power supplies were a little more strict on doubling as impedance halved.

Yep. That's why I said at least 700. At least in unregulated power supplies, right? I thought regulated power supplies were a little more strict on doubling as impedance halved.

Even the regulated ones usually don't have the nuts you need to double power...

around 300 watts

300 @ 4ohms. is what i was referring to

Dual 1...

2 ohms when wired in series.

I agree with 95Honda, keep it like that. You will enjoy your gear longer :)

Sign in to follow this