Sign in to follow this  
ARSkemp

(4) 12" AQ SDC2.5s, AB500.1, (2) D3100s

The Car (pic is from a few weeks ago)

CIMG1915.jpg

My HU, AVN2210P, have had it for about a year now...

CIMG2344.jpg

Voltage Gauge/Gain know i have in my car:

CIMG2362.jpg

Pic of the front dash

CIMG2355.jpg

Kicker KQ30 Under the driver's seat

CIMG2358.jpg

Profile amp powering my front speakers, forgot model#, think its the HA700m?

CIMG2361.jpg

Pic of Amp and Batteries when i first got them:

CIMG2128.jpg

The 500.1

CIMG2129.jpg

The d3100s

CIMG2130.jpg

One of the 12" AQ SDC2.5's

CIMG2191.jpg

All 4

CIMG2189.jpg

First Design for my subs 8ft^3 tuned to 38hz:

412sPicDesign8ft3tunedto38.jpg

Second design after realizing i did not leave enough space between sub cutouts. can't final version of it but this pic has the cutout changes. same internal volume/tuning as first design.

3DView.jpg

My sub box when i was test fitting ports/subs (box was made by rashaddd on ca.com, did an outstanding job!)

cimg2314it7.jpg

Pic of Box Installed

CIMG2351.jpg

Kind of a side view

CIMG2347.jpg

Pic from other side with seats up

CIMG2337.jpg

Few Pics with seats down

CIMG2338.jpg

CIMG2339.jpg

CIMG2345.jpg

Woot! Alotta pics. Finished installing the box this last weekend. Will get vids after i finish breaking them in.

Also not shown are some pg rsd comps in the front doors powered by that profile amp.

nice setup man!!....it should be loud enough to make hair trick

NICE!! I'm getting ready to do 2-15" IA LI's. I have an 07 Escape and all the local shops say 7-8cubes is too big and won't fit. BTW-what size are your ports? I'm assuming they are 6".

nice setup man!!....it should be loud enough to make hair trick

i hope so :D

looks good and very clean, do you plan on hiding the batts or at least the wires

Might clean up the wiring a tad, but you don't see any of that with the back seats up, and their isn't anywhere else to really to hide the batteries. I'm pretty happy how it turned out.

NICE!! I'm getting ready to do 2-15" IA LI's. I have an 07 Escape and all the local shops say 7-8cubes is too big and won't fit. BTW-what size are your ports? I'm assuming they are 6".

Yes, the ports are 6". Not sure how much space is in the 07's but i barely fit 8ft^3 with the port back (there is ~5 inches between the port opening and the trunk door). On one of the pics you can see that i had to go a little over the height of the back seat, but i don't mind, since it only blocks the bottom inch or so of the back window. If i did ports up i could fit a little bigger box.

Nice build!

How do you like the AudioQue SDC2.5's?

Nice build!

How do you like the AudioQue SDC2.5's?

I like them a lot. They have a little bit of a warmer sound to them compared to my old setup, which was a 15" FI Q. The Q I had in a 2.5ft^3 sealed box, and then moved it to a ported box that was 4ft^3 tuned to 32hz. Can't do a direct comparison to the sealed box since I haven't had that one in in a while, but I prefer the sound of the AQs in this box compared to the FI Q in the ported box. the AQs seem to play the higher notes much more easily, and actually seems like it has a flatter response down to a little below 40hz. I have the ssf @ 35hz though, until its broken in, per AQs recomendation. From what I've heard so far, I expected it to be more peaky than it is, which is a pleasent surprise (its on the small side of the box recommendation, and I've never had a box that was tuned this high). I'll be able to give a better review when I've finished breaking them in, and see how well it plays the lower notes.

update:

done breaking it in, and it gets very loud!

Set the gain to 4800 watts @ .5 ohm w/ a dmm, subs got a little smelly (not sure if its too much for them, or if is just excess glue burning off, they didn't smell at all when i was breaking them in). Still messing w/ the settings, hoping to get metered (TL) @ a local shop around here tomorrow. Voltage only dropped to 13.2 volts, i was expecting much lower than that (i also have a kinetik 2400 under the hood that wasn't mentioned in this thread).

anyway, vids will come soon! i'm hoping to get them in the next few days. With it getting dark @ 5-6 pm around here its a pain in the ass to find a good time to take one.

very nice build. post numbers on here when you get the chance ;)

hooray! for class getting canceled so i spent the time making VIDS!

Not hooray that the audioshop forgot their computer :Doh: so i can't get metered today :(

vids are uploading on my photobucket account right now, but its taking forever....

Edited by ARSkemp

th_Hypnotizecompressed.jpg

th_Throwitupcompressed.jpg

let me know what you think :)

nice install overall. and great vids, alot of flex :)

update:

Set the gain to 4800 watts @ .5 ohm w/ a dmm, subs got a little smelly (not sure if its too much for them, or if is just excess glue burning off, they didn't smell at all when i was breaking them in).

The smell could be caused by clipping the amp. Setting it with the DMM isn't the most accurate method, especially if you don't have a good reference for power measurements (more precisely voltage, since that's what you are measuring). If someone has the same setup it's easy but same amp, diffrent subs / box, the output voltage is going to be diffrent (impedance function).

Just listen for signs of stress and watch for smelly coils. If it stinks a lot then you surely have too much power going to the subs.

Nice looking box. I hope the panel you mounted the amp to is braced.

Update:

got metered:

150.3 @ 45hz sealed up on the dash. my goal was 150, so i'm pretty happy.

update:

Set the gain to 4800 watts @ .5 ohm w/ a dmm, subs got a little smelly (not sure if its too much for them, or if is just excess glue burning off, they didn't smell at all when i was breaking them in).

The smell could be caused by clipping the amp. Setting it with the DMM isn't the most accurate method, especially if you don't have a good reference for power measurements (more precisely voltage, since that's what you are measuring). If someone has the same setup it's easy but same amp, diffrent subs / box, the output voltage is going to be diffrent (impedance function).

Just listen for signs of stress and watch for smelly coils. If it stinks a lot then you surely have too much power going to the subs.

I've been being careful, the subs don't distort at all as far as i can tell, and they will only begin to smell now if i play it full blast for more than a couple songs.

and yes, the panel i mounted the amp to is braced :)

update:

I've been being careful, the subs don't distort at all as far as i can tell, and they will only begin to smell now if i play it full blast for more than a couple songs.

and yes, the panel i mounted the amp to is braced :)

Seems you're out of trouble if the panel is braced and the woofers don't get smelly fast.

Congrats on the score :)

Seems you're out of trouble if the panel is braced and the woofers don't get smelly fast.

Congrats on the score :)

Thanks.

I like this setup. It's nice and loud seems like it sounds good, and didn't cost you an arm and a leg to do over a 150 for your daily driver. I'm currently in my search for a 150 in my daily car and I'm only off by .3 db. All the equiptment is in the sig, and I hope to be joining you in the club here real soon.

I like this setup. It's nice and loud seems like it sounds good, and didn't cost you an arm and a leg to do over a 150 for your daily driver. I'm currently in my search for a 150 in my daily car and I'm only off by .3 db. All the equiptment is in the sig, and I hope to be joining you in the club here real soon.

awesome score for 2 12"s man! If your only .3 away I'm sure w/some tinkering you will make it to 150 soon!

NICE SETUP

IM TRYING TO DO 150 MYSLEF...IM ONLY 5 DB'S AWAY...LOL