pear_b

Help with LOW BUDGET build

My buddys in a tight spot right now and has only $600 for HU, 1 sub, amp, wiring, and box.

Sub:

I think we are going to go with 1 12" sub, thinking about the FI SSD, any other subs that are pretty affordable and good? Spit some ideas out.

AMP:

I have no idea what will be powering the sub, thinking about 500-800 watts, need some help here as well.

HU:

Probably looking at the Alpine 9884

If you have a better idea please help me outt, tanx

-pear

YOu could easily hop on Ebay and get all that for under $500.

Rockford fosgate power 3002, nice amp good power pretty cheap on ebay.

Hells yes, can't beat it for the money... and if you decide to go bigger on subs and amp down the road you have a killer amp for component speakers!

appreciate the suggestions, ebay etc, but for the amp I was thinking something that gives a little more power 500 watts or something. Any ideas, whats alpines lineup and memphis like?

appreciate the suggestions, ebay etc, but for the amp I was thinking something that gives a little more power 500 watts or something. Any ideas, whats alpines lineup and memphis like?

check again, the 3002 does WAY over rated power. something to the tune of 600+ rms @ 4 ohms bridged and around 850rms @ 2 ohms bridged :)

I will tell you that it pushes the chit out of 2 10" RE SR's that i installed in my friends car, even in a box thats way too small for them it drops low nicely

Not to be a killjoy or anything, but if he's in a tight spot shouldn't he be saving his money for bills that might come up? Also let him know that if he'll want to upgrade in the somewhat near future when he has more money, he should just wait and not waste the money now.

That being said, I had a memphis ST amp a few years ago and it was nice. The Alpine PDX line is really good, but out of his price range. Their other lines are just decent.

RE SE 12"?

They are like $150 shipped on ebay.

Or you could do the SSD 12" for $200 shipped from Fi.

I'm not too sure on the amp, a common used budget amp is Hifonics brutus but its mostly shunned around here.

Dont waste money on hifonics. Alpine amps arent 1 ohm stable too, I believe.

yea i mentioned he save for a better system instead of being left with chitty equip and trying to sell them, ill find out what he wants to do but thanks for the suggestions.

Rockford power amps are dirt cheap on ebay...around 3 bills for a T1000bd

WMD 12" is on sale for 150 right now.

http://www.pierceaudioproducts.com/index.html

this is a good choice, he could look into the mach5 ixl too. you can save some bucks if you use welding cable instead of pricy amp kits too. check out db-r for amps:

1kw zed designed for under 200 shipped:

http://www.db-r.com/sell/store/index.php?productID=197

if you want something new these ab amps go for about 200:

http://www.americanbassusa.com/front/showc...aspx?fileid=291

ubid.com has some kicker stuff. i dont think you can beat that rf amp... but you can walk away with a 750.1 or 1000.1 for pretty cheap. damn that rf amp is nuts!

I always seem to get out bid on ubid in the last 30 seconds. :P

haha sorry to hear that. i get alittle annoyed with the ppl who buy like 8 of the 10 amps they have in a bid. im still alittle pissed that i didnt try to get one of the 31 zx350.4s they had for sale at once... they sold for under 40... i think one dude baught like 20 of them and probably made some big cash on ebay the next week.

i just checked that site out, got some stuff im interested in and its legit, sickkk!

good luck with your bids.

look at the pioneer deh-500 its like 150 and its a 4 volt preamp output which makes a big diff an it looks nice

damn, never heard of Ubid...saw a kicker zx1000.1 for 200!