Sign in to follow this  
mclarengts

Massive Audio P3000.1

hey I ran across what I think is a good deal. Its for a massive P3000.1 Im wondering how good of an amp is this, and how good of a price is 400 bucks? I cant seem to find much about it online so I figured I would ask here. Also, would I need a new Alt to run this amp?

thanks

the massive amp is similiar to a zx2500 from kicker... from what I've seen they preform about the same

I wouldn't say the massive is similar to the zx2500. That would be an insult to the kicker, the massive puts out dirty power.

1 x 1800W @ 4 ohms (< 1% THD)

1 x 2680W @ 2 ohms (< 1% THD)

Max: 1 x 3000W @ 2 ohms (14.4V)

Fuse: External 200A

Lenght: 34.7in (88 cm)

Two P1500.1 internally bridged in the same chassis

http://com4.runboard.com/becousticsfam.f24.t83

I wouldn't say the massive is similar to the zx2500. That would be an insult to the kicker, the massive puts out dirty power.

I've never used the massive amps, I tried to talk a kid into buying my Pair of zx2500's over buying another massive 3000 (he wanted to run one amp per sub).

We swapped out his for mine and saw no real change.. He was running them on two new style hcca's

the massive amp is similiar to a zx2500 from kicker... from what I've seen they preform about the same

Diffrent animals. Here is how the Massive looks on the inside :

inside1.jpg

Not bad amps IMO.

ZX2500.1

inside1.jpg

Diffrent animals.

kicker's a bit beefier, easy to see...

sorry for making a poor comparison....

I have a buddy that ran massvie, did really well for him. He was pushing 4 15's off 2 those. only thing I didn't like was not 1 ohm stable not a huge deal but I like the stability and the option to go lower.

I'll throw another insult in here and Mention the Audiopipe 3000D.

We had one ran at 0.5 Ohm Bridged on improper electrical and still couldn't blow it.

Not to mention we also literally dropped the sub box onto the backside of the amp and put a huge dent in it and it still played just fine.

Out performed 2 Fusion 2000.1's that were strapped at the same impedance as the Audiopipe was bridged.

I'll throw another insult in here and Mention the Audiopipe 3000D.

We had one ran at 0.5 Ohm Bridged on improper electrical and still couldn't blow it.

Not to mention we also literally dropped the sub box onto the backside of the amp and put a huge dent in it and it still played just fine.

Out performed 2 Fusion 2000.1's that were strapped at the same impedance as the Audiopipe was bridged.

Sweet !

Thanks for the info :D

i figure that it takes almost 10 amps to make 140 watts, (i have a old class d amp that was reviewed by car &sound mag, they got 1264 watts from the amp and it only have 90 amp fuses, so i did a little reverse math and this is wat i came up with

agreed, any amp will distort if pushed hard enough, if thats what you mean by dirty power "dirty power".

I own the 1000.1 and haven't noticed any dirtiness, but I'm also only running it at 4 ohms through some older crossfire subs, so i mite not be able to notice it.

And shouldn't it do rated, since its CEA rated?

the 3000 is really two 1500's in the same heat sink, really putting out alil over 2000 true watts ( 200 amp fuse)

Fuse size is irrelevant.

I have seen a 140A draw on an 80A fuse with no problems on the fuse. Also saw peaks of 300A on a 25A fuse.

Power supply section is good for the rated power. The amp section is a bit on the small side.

the 3000 is really two 1500's in the same heat sink, really putting out alil over 2000 true watts ( 200 amp fuse)

Fuse size is irrelevant.

I have seen a 140A draw on an 80A fuse with no problems on the fuse. Also saw peaks of 300A on a 25A fuse.

Power supply section is good for the rated power. The amp section is a bit on the small side.

'

I tested my p3000d at 3440watts at 2 ohm, more than rated power.... As for fuses.... Massive amps don't have any onboard fusing, and I can pull over 2000watts through one 35amp fuse ;)

my zx 2500 only tested at 2675watts at 2ohm (however this was not done on the same day/time ect.... different testing all together... I tested it last year and that's the best output I saw)