Sign in to follow this  
splmark

what have people scored with a dp21

Mine does a 145.4 at 36 hz. It stays in the 143-145 range from 33-46 hz. This is in a Silverado with no sound dampening.

Mine does a 145.4 at 36 hz. It stays in the 143-145 range from 33-46 hz. This is in a Silverado with no sound dampening.

nice ...

on how much power ? :morepower1: have any videos ...

That Thing Should Be Hella Louder Than That. You're Only Running 1500 RMS To It Aren't You? That Thing Can Take 3000 Watts Daily. I'm Gonna Get One In My '87 Chevrolet Crew Cab Dually With A Sundown SAZ-3000D. Sub Behind The Passengers Head And Port Behind Mine. Ear-Screwed Either Way. xD

That Thing Should Be Hella Louder Than That. You're Only Running 1500 RMS To It Aren't You? That Thing Can Take 3000 Watts Daily. I'm Gonna Get One In My '87 Chevrolet Crew Cab Dually With A Sundown SAZ-3000D. Sub Behind The Passengers Head And Port Behind Mine. Ear-Screwed Either Way. xD

u r going to smoke that sub with 3000D :clap:

u r going to smoke that sub with 3000D :clap:

Depends on the gains etc etc but i doubt it can take 3000 daily, very few subs can

if the company rates it @ 1500Wrms ...thats it ... i wouldnt give it more than 1.8-2.0 kW daily :wacky: ...for burps yes

...i dont know why people think it can take 3kW or whatever for a long time ??(is it the size?) :Doh: :Doh: :Doh: :Doh: ...

... every manufacturer of subs should write besides their rated powers for the subs ... if u power it more than it is rated(on a daily basis),you should order a recone !!! :drink40: :drink40:

Edited by Tyan

LOL :Doh:

iirc the BTL is rated 1500 (maybe 2k? i forget) but it can take much, much more.

my lvl 4 is rated a 1,000w sub and i gave it 2,800w for the few weeks i had it in.

Just because i was laughing so hard from last post- i'll end with this.

speaker fails for two reasons thermal or mechanical

if your overpowering your driver you can build a box to compensate

any woofer will burn with its rated power clipped to hell and over heating

With clean signal and the right box you can overpower well built woofers quite a bit.

Sorry for being off topic to the OP

-Drew

Edited by Noobtastic14

A clipped signal "contains" more power compared to a non-clipped signal of the same ampliture. The speaker doesn't care if the signal is clipped or not. Too much power will damage the coil. Doesn't matter if it's clipped or not.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=24323

Say no to myths !

i know this post is kind of dead and old but here is my 2 cents. Noobtastic is right. I have had an RE MT 18 sub in the back of my explorer for around a year. I have put around 5000 ~ 6000 Rms daily to it. I reconed it after a year of playing beacause i wanted to change the ohm load. coil still in great condition. But again we are talking SPL here. True competitors push their systems beyond their limits to post up a number.

A clipped signal "contains" more power compared to a non-clipped signal of the same ampliture. The speaker doesn't care if the signal is clipped or not. Too much power will damage the coil. Doesn't matter if it's clipped or not.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=24323

Say no to myths !

true to a point, most woofers loose control when they are recieving a dirty signal from its power source. If the woofer is not controlled properly the coils cannot cool themselves properly causing the coils to overheat and eventually burn.

I agree with Drew too. If you overpower a woofer with clean undistorted power it should't fail unless it isn't properly cooling. Most subs have a decent cooling system and will take 2X the rms with no problems as long as you are not beating the piss out of it for 30 minute consecutive intervals. I know of several people running a saz3000d on 16 volts on a Nightshade and the NS handles it all day long. It has the same power ratings as the IA Dp subs and a saz3000d on 16 volts puts out around 5K watts depending on the impedence.

if the company rates it @ 1500Wrms ...thats it ... i wouldnt give it more than 1.8-2.0 kW daily :wacky: ...for burps yes

...i dont know why people think it can take 3kW or whatever for a long time ??(is it the size?) :Doh: :Doh: :Doh: :Doh: ...

... every manufacturer of subs should write besides their rated powers for the subs ... if u power it more than it is rated(on a daily basis),you should order a recone !!! :drink40: :drink40:

I have a customer with a 21 in a 10 foot box 160 inches of port tuned to 40 hz on a Kicker zx2500.1 for over a month and has not had a problem. And he is 16 years old so I know he isn't taking it easy. Also have two different other customers with DP 12's with 2000 watts rms and have had no problems. I am not saying it is true for every woofer but the DPs can handle more than 1500watts rms, from my experiences that is.