Sign in to follow this  
Kanaworm$

Suggestions and Advice!

Recently got in on the Incriminator Black and Blue December sale and purchased a pair of D4 15" LI series subs.

These will be going in a 1998 GMC Sierra 4X4 extended cab with 3rd door. Rear seat has been removed so I have the whole back area for subs, amps and batteries. This will be a daily driver with an emphasis on SQ but with the ability to get loud. No competing just enjoyment.

What I am wondering is, what would be a good design for the box? Will be going ported tuned to 35Hz. Nick recommended 3-4 cubic feet and I forget how much sq. inch of port but I think 60". Can't get to my yahoo email since Im at work to check.

I was thinking woofers front with a rear vented slot port firing into the corners of the back.

Looking for some suggestions and advice on what would be good way to fire the woofers.

This is a budget build since I have two kids in hockey, a wife and two 200lb dogs to feed.... :Doh:

Thanks in advance

Curt

System consists of the following

HU: Sony CDX-GT710

Front Stage: Oz Audio Matrix Elite 130CS 5.25" in Custom Kicks

Mid Bass: Dragster Audio Art 6.5" in factory door

Front Stage Amp: Sundown SAX100.4D

Subwoofers: Pair of Incriminator LI 15 D4

Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ1000D

Alternator: Factory (Wating to see if upgrade needed)

Front battery: Interstate

Rear battery: Undecided (waiting to see if needed)

Wiring: Misc

Big 3: Complete with 4 gauge (Upgrade most likely with 0 Gauge)

I would say 3-4 cubes per 15 also.

What most people go by is 12-16 square inches of port per ^ft3

So if your box turns out to be 7 cubes after displacements you should shoot for 84-112 square inches of port.

If I was in your situation I would either go sub and port forward or sub and port facing upwards.

I wouldn't aim the ports into the corners unless you have a decent amount of room between the port opening and the sides of the vehicle. Probably at least 6". It's also generally better to have the subs and port on the same face, or if not no more than 90 degrees away. Most installs I've seen in trucks have both the ports and subs facing up and most of the rest have them both forward.

Thanks for the advice guys. After doing more research and reading. I think I will go subs forward and port forward.

Ok here is what I came up with for a box, external dimensions 52" wide x 22" high x 17" deep with 118" of port tuned to 34Hz. I used a 5.75" wide port.

I used the SSA flash box calc to come up with the design. Anybody have any other recommendations?

Im open to suggestions, advice or criticism... :Doh:

Isnt the ssa box tool messed up right now?

I used it a few hours ago :)

I just compared to the RE Box Calculator and came up with the same results. :shrug:

The cut sheet specs are hosed up.

how accurate is ssa/recalculator vs bassboxpro, because it gives different result with the same design

has anyone compared both ??