nem

MLI 6.5

I received 4 of these just before Christmas. I have been playing with enclosure volumes and let me tell you these speakers sound great!! I currenty have each of them in .0198 ft3 and they are working great! If anybody has any doubt about these drivers for the money, I don't think there is anything better out there (just my opinion). :clap:

I currenty have them crossed at 65 hz and allow them to play as high as the voice coil will allow. They are powered by an old school PPI PC275. The amp sees a 2ohm load which gives each pair 150 watts rms which is a little underpowered but they sound pretty sweet. As for pictures when it gets warmer I plan on doing a final install and taking pictures then. I live here in PA and its been cold.

Awsome mids/subs. I have 4 (2 per door) running off of a small crappy amp right now, and they sound great. I can't wait till my 125.2 comes in. :wacky:

Glad to see another happy MLI owner. Mine are rockin' nicely. Mark did a nice job on these. :)

The only problem I have now is, I am thinking of getting more and building a small two channel set up to add to my collection of other speakers.

I'll be picking a couple of these up in the spring. :)

I'm using them in my doors running active, they work great, especially for the price. I'd recommend them to anyone looking for a good budget 6.5", definitely plenty of mid-bass too.

i using them for the home stereo mains. built what mark recommended, .7 with a 3" port at 45hz. i was amazed at the sounds i heard. watched some movies and i was all smiles. no need for a sub stage, granted it is a small apartment.

Mark, thanks for the smiles!

Do you have any pic of enclosure? I am thinking of doing something similar.

l_8ad3ca1e0a8a4ca7bf915f5242a86e4e.jpg

l_e76861150db54da7b90e78d4c221fa8e.jpg

not finished yet, some sanding left, sealing the inside and deciding how to paint them, maybe flekstone idk.

After I get my truck doors finished, when it gets warmer.I am going to do a small 2 channel with 4 of the MLI's. I will take pictues along the way.

Killer midbass on an even more killer budget :D

Mark, any thoughts on making an 8 inch version ? I remember some talk about 8's ;)

I love my MLis!!!

When the wife let's me spend again :Doh: A pair of these are in the plans for dedicated mid-bass.

I know Mark had said he tested an 8" version when these 6.5" models were in the works, but he did not like it. Then there was another 8" model but was from a different mold. I believe an 8" would come from the IXL line, but I am sure if there is enough interest in an 8" mid-bass/sub in the lineage of the MLI, Mark would consider it. :)