pear_b

CDT Audio- Good or Bad?

Im in search of a component set, now their not going to be amplified for right now atleast until I get more things, just going to run them off my hu which puts out like 15-20 rms. I ran into these and want some opinions as I dont know much or many people running CDT speakers.

Heres the link, CDT on Wooferetc

i saw that deal and got a pair of coaxes to replace some stock ones. they sound fantastic, lacking midbass but they're 5 1/4 coaxes, they were perfect for $50!

wish i could tell you ask me next week....

sonic elec has them on sale.... i didnt find the sale untill i paid too much on ebay!

Theres a pretty good chance ill be picking a pair up, no problems with running them just off the Hu is there?

oh yeah i got some pics before my camera got trashed on new years. solid little speakers for the $

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

the company is local to me, they're up here on the central coast of cali, it's nice to support local business too, they say designed and built in california and europe, whatever that means.

Put in a pair of 5.25 components in a friends blazer in the kicks. They sound great for the money spent. I would recommend them.

I've had my CDT's for over a year now and love the heck out of them. They are great sounding speakers. I don't think that I would recommend running them from deck power. I would say more like 50 per side on the low side of things. Good luck

and h/u power is more like 10 clean watts

ive been thinking, when I buy a saz1500 in the next month or 2 (after exams) ill just run them off it instead,

ive been thinking, when I buy a saz1500 in the next month or 2 (after exams) ill just run them off it instead,

a 1500d for your door speakers.

:suicide-santa:

Do yourself a favor and buy a 100.4D instead.

naw im not that dumb when it comes to that hah. run my sub and speakers off it since i cant afford another amp.

naw im not that dumb when it comes to that hah. run my sub and speakers off it since i cant afford another amp.

Thats a bad idea, aside from the wiring complications the 1500d is not a full range amplifier, it is a sub woofer amplifier.

i bet chris has a couple cheap two channel amps at db-r. i bought an old school 50x2 jensen from him for $25 shipped. it's running a pair of 12w0's in my friends 5 series. i would recommend doing the same instead of blowing your components, subs and amp simultaneously trying to wire the all together.

well do it smart guy!

well then back to the drawing board on that idea hah

well then back to the drawing board on that idea hah

Please do.

i just installed mine today...

to be honest they sound better with less power...

mine wont work for me... they sound great with lower power.. but i need LOUD comps that can take POWER....

pisses me off really.... i had nothing but trouble putting them in my doors..... not from the speakers.. but everything but!

lemme know im gonna need to get off these.... but i paid 215...

i just installed mine today...

to be honest they sound better with less power...

mine wont work for me... they sound great with lower power.. but i need LOUD comps that can take POWER....

pisses me off really.... i had nothing but trouble putting them in my doors..... not from the speakers.. but everything but!

lemme know im gonna need to get off these.... but i paid 215...

Bet You'll Buy Rainbows Next Time, Huh? :D

Bigjon,

What series did you get? I've got the ES series and have had 180 per side on them and sounded great. I only have 100 on them now do to the fact I didn't have a sub in and I was making my ears bleed. I highly recommend the HD or ES series. You can get them with a ten year warrenty, I did. If your just not completely done with cdt I've got someone who can help you out and I promise that he can beat any prices you see on the net. Plus he knows a ton about them and can set you up to match you system perfectly.

cl 62.

i dont like tha way the cross over works.

once good power gets going the cross over shuts the tweeter down...

the midbass is great.....

the tweeters are great....

the cross overs suck imo.

rainbow.. no... active yes

That's probably the stupidest thing that you could do. That amp is made for sub frequencies ONLY! I would love to see the look on your face when you hook up a nice comp set to your sub amp and see the smoke come rolling out of them after the first couple of notes. Because that's exactly what would happen. It would be priceless to hear what the tweets would sound like with a class D. I'm not even sure if they would play at all because of the crossover, but I'm sure that some signal would come through to them.

so CDT's are good sounding but not durable? x-over are not good? cant be fed with hi wattage amps? are these correct?

with the series i got that seemed to be the case.

great mid bass woofer... the rest needs work IMO