55 members have voted

1. 1. Which brand

• Eclipse
    • Alpine
    • Pioneer
    • Kenwood
    • Clarion
    • Other

I've always liked and had Pioneer in my vehicles, but decided I'd try Alpine once they came out with the iPod interface last year.

Ed

I picked eclipse because I own an 8053. I have used pioneer and kenwood before, and all though pioneer is easier to use I'm just not into flashy displays.

btw, are balanced lines worth it? I have been meaning to buy one.

Running Alpine 9815 dual line display for that satellite radio goodness(says XM ready, Crutchfield tells me sirius wont hookup, i bought sirius and it works and hooksup fine, well except the radio thinks its called XM...) Also I-personalize works like a charm (or just turn alot of dials in the car). Mp3 Playback is nice and organized... im in love with it! :wub:

update, I just won a BLA off ebay for 46 shipped ;)

Eclipse got my vote. Used Kenwood way back in the day, switched to Alpine in the 90's and switched to Eclipse 2 years ago and haven't looked back. Denim, fill me in on how the BL driver sounds and is it worth putting in. My Audison has balanced line inputs and they make a driver as well, but don't know if the difference in sound is worth paying the price. :wacko:

I like my Eclipse 8454 quite a bit, thanks to WeDgE. Those kenwoods have better display modes i think, but I can't argue with active crossovers and time alignment.

Voted Pioneer. Just got my DEH-P77DH 2 days ago. :woot: I'm a Mopar guy so gotta love Pioneers oversize units for Mopar!

I've used many different one's that I like. I had the first Kenwood Mask unit that came out. It was a nice deck. I've used several Panasonic, Pioneer and Clarion's and the only one to die on me is a Pioneer. I've now got an Alpine 9765 and I had 2 9764's that were stolen out of my car. These are my favorite's by far. I don't really like the new looks of the Alpine's over the 9765 but they aren't bad. My cousin had a $1300 clarion that had a huge brain unit that went behind the dash and had a seperate graphix EQ. When he swapped to somethign else he offered to sell it to me for $300. I should have bought it because this was the mid 90's and that thing was built like a tank and sounded amazing. Much nicer than anything I've checked out since. My vote went to Alpine though since they've had solid reliabilty for me for years.

TIFFANY!!!!

Wooo man, the things she can do!!!!!!!...........oh opps I mean Alpine, everything else is too fugly

The old DEH-P9300 -P940mp's will always have a place in my heart.

They look way better than the P8600-P960mp.

You cant beats the specs for $200+

Underrated preouts too

I own a Eclipse 8454 and very thoroughly considered the pioneer premier 860 and possibly a clarion . But if i could I'd liek to find a Alpine 9835R and give it a try.

Well, now i own 2 DEH-P9300's and 1 DEH-P940mp and 1 DEH-P9400MP face plate.

I still need a faceplate for my one 9300 as it was stolen

I'm trying to decide on which HU I want to get. I voted Eclipse, but don't like the new one's. Also looking at the Kenwood X789. I don't know.

All features taking into consiteration, which brand do you stick by?

I like Eclipse.

My Pick was Eclipse. I own the CD-8053 and its the best sounding CD player I have ever known, and the internal X-over, DSP, and EQ among other features make it above awesome! :+1: