Sign in to follow this  
bassahaulic

WHHHYYYYYYYY

Do people who don't know what they are talking about have to say " I have a D class amp" or a "Hifnoics Titan 1500 D Class" :Doh:

Isn't it automaticly asumed if you have half a brain you have a D class on the subs? sure they have a/b amps for subs but they $$$

It's just bothers me horribly.

Ok I'm done lol

You would be surprised how many people run A/B amps for their sub woofer(s). Out of all my amps, I think I only have 1 class D left.

I will never run a class D amp on the subs again.....I run class A/B with current servo's

class D has no where near the damping factor for my liking

Well I FAIL lol

Still bothers me though. :lol2:

what are some decent a/b amps (with power around 500+ rms)? im looking to upgrade from a kenwood excelon i have now. has to power at 2 ohms... i remember a RF 2 channel amp but forget the model number right now... it was one of the power series i believe. what else is there?

sundown sax-125.2 is rated at 200x2 @ 2ohms (we all know those are conservative ratings though)

I guess I'm just used to only dealing with 2000+ rms of true power.... .all which usually are D.. or some concept class..

I remember before class D almost all amps had good SQ and tons of clean head room

most of the old school stuff was high current solid state with discreat components

everything is built so cheep now unless you spend alot of $$$

I wouldn't mind some ol school Power amps...... My friend has a Power 900

If i didn't need 4000rms for then new system i would pick it up. O.o

what are some decent a/b amps (with power around 500+ rms)? im looking to upgrade from a kenwood excelon i have now. has to power at 2 ohms... i remember a RF 2 channel amp but forget the model number right now... it was one of the power series i believe. what else is there?

Arc Audio 2500CXL is 525w x 2 @ 2 ohms. o look! I still have one of the old blue ones!

Arc Audio 2500CXL is 525w x 2 @ 2 ohms. o look! I still have one of the old blue ones!

i got my bday this weekend so im thinking of things to buy. i think i wont upgrade the sub amp yet... i think ill first get some ensolite for the doors and then id like to get one of thumper's hybrid horn box designed up for my sub and build it myself....

id love to hear the difference between a/b and d class amps in my car...

this also reminds me to take pics of my build now that its mostly done...

there is really to much to think about

I'm running A/B on my subs, but only because my big class D broke. :) It'll work forever for me now, I have no plans to buy another D.

the only thing im kinda worried about with an a/b sub amp is having the electrical to support it.

Edited by lithium

you need 4000w rms?

you need 4000w rms?

More then likely... 4 DD2515"s.... that's 750 rms a sub.... but i'm upgrading not to long after if i don't like it to the 9515"s.... so........... Yeah.... 4000+ lol

lol no. but i would assume my stock electrical wouldnt like 800-1000rms from an amp with something like 65% efficiency... not sure if i need that much tho. id like it for head room