Sign in to follow this  
02xblazer

are u running active or passive

24 members have voted

1. 1. active or passive

• active
    • passive

the build im working on im doing both. i have a passive setup for the comps but between the comps and midbass its active. using a 4ch ch1&2 for the comps and ch3&4 for the midbass.

Edited by dbjunior

the build im working on im doing both. i have a passive setup for the comps but between the comps and midbass its active. using a 4ch ch1&2 for the comps and ch3&4 for the midbass.

i never thought about doing that.. what comps and midbass are you using?

cadence cvl-5k they sound great and get loud. the midbass is tangband w8-740p im gonna change them to most likely dayton Qt-210-4 8's the w8-740p is a better sub than midbass, the freq fade after 100hz so i need something capable of a higher range.

the amp is 150x4 i have a q18 but will be using a pair of dc lvl4xl10's tuned to 32hz for daily. i havent gotten much done lately with a foot of snow on the ground and no garage.

awesome.. yeah this cold weather sucks.. ive got two rolls off raamat for my blazer but its too cold to put it in.. think im gunna get the stereo for my tahoe first then the blazer.. got an old set of boston acoustic comps for the tahoe, just need a cd player and amp now.. its gunna be my winter vehicle so i shouldnt need anything more than a set of comps in it..

I voted for active, but I haven't built yet. I need to wait for the snow to melt....I believe I'll be running MLI6.5's and seas neo tweeters though.

My most recent install was active. :)

I voted active since that is what the future plan is. Currently I am running Passive to my components and active on my mid-bass.

if i wanted to have a 6.5" dedicated midbass in the stock door location could i also put the midrange speaker in the door? or would having them both in sealed door mess up the sound

I'm also running passive to my comps and active to my midbass. Actually have them ban passed from 500hz down to 80hz. What crossovers do you guys recommend for doing 3 way active?

Active all around. At first I was running passive, then I ran new speaker wire and got the 9887 and it made such a difference in SQ and how loud they could get without distortion. Also makes it easier to blend the sub with your fronts.

I have run full active in the past.....the passive X-overs that came with my 660gti components are

un real..the fully active system had nothing over them.....but they are the size of most amplifiers

The build I'm working on will be active all around. I'm using the crossovers on my SAX-100.4s.

I have run full active in the past.....the passive X-overs that came with my 660gti components are

un real..the fully active system had nothing over them.....but they are the size of most amplifiers

I will agree with you that high end crossovers sound better than anything, but there expensive to buy\build!

Edited by sick6ness