fuknmovin

Stupid Question......

Well I have 2 Alpine Type R's in 2.2CF @36Hz each seperate enclosures with a Hifonics Brutus 1600 and I am thinking about making a smaller setup with equal or better sound level, what do you think would sound better the Alpine's or a single FI BTL12? would it be as clear? I am planning on tuning it to the same Hz cuz I like that tuning, what do you think would it be as good or better? I plan on upping the power to the Brutus 2600 soon if I go the BTL. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Oh yeah this is in a crew cab Duramax Chevy truck if it matters. I am still a noob at this stuff, this was my first build with the Alpines.

Are you looking for sound quality or loudness?

AS much of both as is possible, I like it loud but dont want it to sound distorted, not for competition just cruising and scaring people! LOL.

Edited by fuknmovin

Nothing? I really just want to know which is louder and will the BTL be as clear as the Alpine type R's or at least close? I have the alpine's doing close to 130DB's on the cheapo radio shack meter.

Edited by fuknmovin

How much space do you have?

The btl is not a SQ sub, but a good/loud daily driver.

the right enclosure and power, i'll wager the BTL can do 130 plus and sound really good doing it.

what are the current specs, the actual size of the enclosures you're running now? give us an idea of what you are doing now and just how much smaller you want to go.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

fuknmovin you are buying a sub for all the wrong reasons. scaring people? i don't remember the last time i was scared because i heard a subwoofer in the distance...

nonetheless, a pair of Q12's or 15's if you have the room would be loud enough. trust me.

fyi - sound distortion comes from overpowering your woofer or clipping your amp. both are easily preventable

oh and btw, if you are looking to own quality products in your sound system, running away from hifonics is step 1, before buying a new sub...

perhaps he means scaring his riders.

perhaps he means scaring his riders.

Scaring was just a joke, but I do like to see them jump when it hits. I am basically wanting something louder than my Alpines, without giving up too much quality doing it, I have enough room to make up to about 4.5 cubes, maybe 5 tops, but I was thinking either one or maybe two BTL 12's or maybe one BTL 15 if that is enough space. I just want the best overall sound and loudness. My brother in law has an Incriminator Audio Death Penalty 18 with 2600 watts to it, and I want to keep up with his DB's without it sounding like SH**. His is pretty smooth and really pretty clean considering what it is. I really want to out do his if I can just because! What do I need, my only real limitation is CF so whataya got?

I think that you should start thinking about the price of all that is needed. Might change your mind since its just to startle people. Try an air horn

Fury, I am sure you HATE it when people get shocked by sor system, be it fir quality or DB's, gimme a break! I do want it to sound good for me! why can't I get a strait answer? I understand the costs, I just want to know what's best and not have to buy everything in the book to get there...

Edited by fuknmovin

i think the Q from fi or maybe even the Z from sundown,

People don't believe me....... Type R's can get loud......

Just need the right box and right power.......

Ex. 2 Alpine Type R 12"s did a 148.6 from the back of an Explorer at 46Hz.......

Only prob with that is I don't want to tune it that high, I am thinking about an AudioQ 15 possibly or biting the bullet and go 15 BTL...

what type of vehicle do you have and how is the box designed. my friend has 2 type r's in 4.3cu tuned to 35hz and it can do over 140 with 1200w. the right box can bring your subs alive. if you want more after this upgrade.

I have "scared" people sitting in the passenger seat plenty of times. Sat in the walmart parking lot and scared the crap out of people in the parking lot. Was just playing my radio and pulled into cici's a couple was hugging in front of where I parked. P*ssy money weed came on by lil wayne and the man jumped back a good ways.

bl's ftw.

Edited by holley2346

I have "scared" people sitting in the passenger seat plenty of times. Sat in the walmart parking lot and scared the crap out of people in the parking lot. Was just playing my radio and pulled into cici's a couple was hugging in front of where I parked. P*ssy money weed came on by lil wayne and the man jumped back a good ways.

bl's ftw.

Now that is good stuff!!

People don't believe me....... Type R's can get loud......

Just need the right box and right power.......

Ex. 2 Alpine Type R 12"s did a 148.6 from the back of an Explorer at 46Hz.......

i believe u since i once owned a pair & even with low 30s tuning they slammed pretty hard

too bad i didnt know anybody with a meter back then but im sure they can hit low 140s

im sure i saw some install online with a bunch of aeroports doing almost 150 with 2 Rs

Edited by Mr. Loud