rushnrun

How About a Side by Side by Side by Side by Side Comparison?

Props on the test !

Also, very surprising result out of the Massive P3000.1

I was VERY suprised/impressed with the massive... I really didn't think it'd do more than 1500-2000... gained db at the headrest with it as well (I tested power output/consumption and SPL all at the same time).. roughly 2db more output over the sundown..

I need to get a good 1 ohm test on the sundown and get a good 4 ohm test on the visonik...

I'm building for Casper's this week, so I'll have a little more battery power available (a little better install as well..)

It would be more fair.. however I don't have a pair of 1500's.... I'll do some 1 ohm testing at a later time... I'm busy building the civic for the Carl Casper Show in KY

are you just trying to burp the visonik? if so you may have to roll up the volume to get it to put out more power without going into protect. i have know people who had the ma 4000 and they have done this many times to get power out of it. rolling up the volume allows for box rise to effect amp rather than burst it with sitting impedence. only problem it gives it time to effect the batterys

WELL THE MEASUREMENTS WERE ALL Spaced out properly prior to posting... looks like the forum doesn't allow extra spaces... :(

Sorry there is no chart feature that I know of. But nice work on the test. :)

are you just trying to burp the visonik? if so you may have to roll up the volume to get it to put out more power without going into protect. i have know people who had the ma 4000 and they have done this many times to get power out of it. rolling up the volume allows for box rise to effect amp rather than burst it with sitting impedence. only problem it gives it time to effect the batterys

I've tried rolling as well... still cut out.... Possibly too low of load or voltage... however my volts are pretty consistant at 12.4+ even on full burps

I'll test more if I don't sell them first

Did some one ohm on the sundown....

.8ohm resting, ZERO on the amp gain, ZERO on the deck gain, vol 45..... So no where near maxed out

12.4volts 378A consumed 4687.2watts

72volts 48A Produced 3456watts

74% eff

UPDATED.... I cleaned up the results and calculated the ohms.... When I made the orginal post I failed to mention that the swiss was tested with a Visonik 10 in a different box-I was only really concerned about the big amps anyway

Here's the exact numbers... (well as exact as I could get... the visonik ohm is probably lower do to the heated coils from repeated burps trying to get it to hold longer)

All Big amps were tested using the Single Nightshade 1.2ohm resting roughly 2ohm with rise---I've provided calculated ohms to be a little more exact.. Test frequency was 60hz

Amp______________Power Produced_Consumed_____WattsProduced_Watts Consumed_Eff_____~OHM

Swiss SDX1000A____45.2v 13.1A____ 13.10v 57.5A__ 592__________753____________78.6% _3.45

Visonik 4000XD_____45.0v 20.2A____ 12.95v 74.2A__ 909__________961____________94.6%__2.23

Sundown SAZ3000D_77.0v 31.0A____ 13.10v 219.5A_ 2387_________2875___________83%____2.48

Massive P-3000D____91.0v 37.8A____ 12.00v 360.0A_3440_________4320___________79.6%___2.41

And the sundown wired down to lower ohms... .8 resting

Sundown SAZ3000D_72.0v 48.0A____ 12.40v 378.0A_3456_________4687___________73.7%____1.5

Massive and Visonik are 2-ohm rated amps... The other two are rated at 1-ohm

Tested with the car off 2A 12v power supply connected....

* The visonik kept clipping out... (low input voltage...?)

** The massive clipped on full burps-low voltage.. my batts were getting tired by then. (low input voltage)

***I'll be testing the visonik again to get better numbers... I've added another batt and raised the ohm load so hopefully I can get some good numbers on it.

Edited by rushnrun

No prob :)

The visonik never did go over that wattage... even at 4 ohm... I'm looking into modding the amp to bypass the protection and see if it works better.. pretty simple mod from what I understand..

No prob :)

The visonik never did go over that wattage... even at 4 ohm... I'm looking into modding the amp to bypass the protection and see if it works better.. pretty simple mod from what I understand..

I'm going to buy the Massive rigth now because of your good test numbers I need a amp to make big power at 2 ohms.

Have you tested the American Bass vfl-120.1 or know the some numbers on it. American Bass said 2800 watts?

I haven't tested any american bass amps.

I have the massive that I used for testing & SBN up for sale. I have a new one as well. Great amp, I don't really want to sell any of my "toys" but with the new unemployment I need the extra cash more than my toys. You can find most of my stuff in my huge F/S thread.

I haven't tested any american bass amps.

I have the massive that I used for testing & SBN up for sale. I have a new one as well. Great amp, I don't really want to sell any of my "toys" but with the new unemployment I need the extra cash more than my toys. You can find most of my stuff in my huge F/S thread.

Is the Massive Audio $550.00 with shipping?

yeah for the "used" one.. as long as it's the lower 48 states...

yeah for the "used" one.. as long as it's the lower 48 states...

Can I pay pal you?

great test, i was surprised with the massive. i have the 1000.1 because i got a really good deal from a local shop, but then i started reading forums and no one ever had anything good to say about the massive. After seeing this test, i feel much better about it and I know it will do rated if i ever run it at 1 ohm

I'll be testing some of the "bigger" massive's in a couple weeks... CA100 CA200 CA50.4 then the little guys p500 p1000 and their blade amp..

I was extremely impressed with the massive.. I now use the p3000.1 in my spl car... the sundown was a little better down at .8 (it does 500 or more watts over the massive at 12v)ohm but the eff. was much lower and I need the higher eff for MECA. Love the sundown too.. the only bummer on the massive is the extreme size of it.. 3' long is a bit much.. makes it hard to fit in the civic---it's pretty narrow

I tested the clif.. however, I didn't have enough batts to keep it running. it consumed tons of current.. It was popping 300A fuses on a burp (voltage drop was pretty terrible...) I'll dig up the numbers but they're not very accurate do to the voltage problems

Okay. Their products just always interested me for some reason. If you ever get a chance and the ability to do so I would be very interested in how the Massive amp held up against the AP 3000 watter. Seeing as how they are both basically two 1500 watt boards in one heat sink. That would be a pretty good head to head if you ever happen to have the laying around.

Can't find the numbers on the clif... i think it did a solid 3500 watts all day. I got it to burp at 4400 watts or so before it blew the inline fuses and the voltage dropped down around 11v... I've sold all my clif stuff so I won't be testing them again.

The AP amp uses the same board as the massive. I think the AP looks a little more generic with the build and they're rated fusing would suggest that they don't pull the current that the massive does.. The AP comes with a 200A inline fuse.. the massive is recommended for a 300A fuse... I don't think there's any way the AP could produce 3000watts RMS (I stress the RMS) on just 200A of fuse.. eventually it would fail.. the Massive pulled almost double the current of the AP's fuse rating in testing... Just food for thought and not great proof, but...

wish I had one to test side by side...